Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
newflier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16670 ft
Australia

Moved from another forum

Moved from firmware and software.
Hi,  new flyer here.  New Mini 2 flying and getting good video and still pics.  Trouble is the phone ( Galaxy s9)wont connect to the drone for the quick transfer function.  1. I cant get past selecting device to use with dji fly.  2.  next message says something came up.  App has cancelled request to choose device.  Any clues or help appreciated

2020-11-21
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you enabled WiFi and Bluetooth on the phone?
2020-11-21
Use props
newflier
lvl.2
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 11-21 21:11
Have you enabled WiFi and Bluetooth on the phone?

Yes, both enabled
2020-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there newflier. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read that you are having issues with your DJI Mini 2 regarding the quick transfer feature. For us to further assist you, may I know what is the version of the DJI Fly app installed on your mobile device? In addition, can you please provide us a sample video showing the issue? Thank you.
2020-11-21
Use props
newflier
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-21 23:13
Hello there newflier. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read that you are having issues with your DJI Mini 2 regarding the quick transfer feature. For us to further assist you, may I know what is the version of the DJI Fly app installed on your mobile device? In addition, can you please provide us a sample video showing the issue? Thank you.

Version 1.2.1
2020-11-21
Use props
newflier
lvl.2
Australia

I simply cant get past the page where a device is selected.  If I wait, the ap shuts  down the  connection request.
2020-11-21
Use props
newflier
lvl.2
Australia

newflier Posted at 11-21 23:22
I simply cant get past the page where a device is selected.  If I wait, the ap shuts  down the  connection request.

Screen shots of what I see
Screenshot_20201122-211907_Settings.jpg
Screenshot_20201122-211823_Settings.jpg
2020-11-22
Use props
DroneAge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55108 ft
Australia

First time trying to connect directly to the Mini 2 and it worked fine with Note 8. I've only ever done it previously while using the controller in the field.
2020-11-22
Use props
newflier
lvl.2
Australia

Also, in the DJI Tutorial online, it mentions a special step when connecting to do quick transfer for the first time.  I may have misunderstood, but I think it means you have to press the blue button again.  I have tried this, but still can't get past the step of selecting the device to use with DJI Fly.
2020-11-22
Use props
newflier
lvl.2
Australia

couldn't get video but attached screen shots.
2020-11-23
Use props
djiuser_wie7Huur6ABC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104636 ft
Norway

Hi. I have the same issue with connecting my Samsung S9 with the drone.
2020-11-24
Use props
Firefoxf18
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21483 ft
Hong Kong

I have the same issue, I m using huawei mate 20 pro. The quick transfer can only be done when my phone is connecting to the controller.
2020-11-28
Use props
newflier
lvl.2
Australia

Yes I have seen people on youtube also having the same problem..  it is much quicker to put the card into a fast reader on the pc.  4 gb in 30 secs.
2020-11-28
Use props
djiuser_vRJPpT7NdU3c
New

Belgium

I have the same issue with Mini 2 and Huawei P20 Lite... In my case, the "connect" phase will fail and the system will ask me to restart the drone and try again, which I did, with the same result...
Have spent quite some time on it but I am giving up now...
2020-12-30
Use props
Debugger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

djiuser_vRJPpT7NdU3c Posted at 12-30 09:46
I have the same issue with Mini 2 and Huawei P20 Lite... In my case, the "connect" phase will fail and the system will ask me to restart the drone and try again, which I did, with the same result...
Have spent quite some time on it but I am giving up now...

Same issue here
2020-12-30
Use props
newflier
lvl.2
Australia

Debugger Posted at 12-30 11:06
Same issue here

It's a pity DJI don't look at this forum and come up with an answer to what seems to be a fairy common problem.

I HAVE GIVEN UP BECAUSE THIS FUNCTION JUST DOES NOT WORK.
2020-12-30
Use props
Photo Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 456201 ft
Canada

Just so you know my s9 phone works but my s6lite tablet doesn't connect.
Go figure
2020-12-30
Use props
lefebvrebernard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71109 ft
France

I have the same kind of connection problem with an iPhone 6s. The app says the connection is impossible with wifi and Bluetooth activated on the phone.
2021-1-1
Use props
djiuser_24c6ssGIoCG3
New

United States

i also have this problem with the S9+
2021-1-1
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure you have installed the latest firmware for the Mini 2. I could not get this to work last week and gave up after several failed attempts Then I installed the latest firmware and now it works. It does have a lot of warning messages but it did plod along until the 2 GB file was completely offloaded. Last week, I saw only one message before it failed.
2021-1-1
Use props
djiuser_tlHutQBj0ZBC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5755 ft
United Kingdom

The DJI 1.2.4 Fly app is still not working for my phone (Galaxy S7) but will work perfectly for an iPhone. I have contacted DJI and my UK supplier but so far there s no solution. I suspect an update of 1.2.4 for Android is needed
2021-2-18
Use props
djiuser_tlHutQBj0ZBC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5755 ft
United Kingdom

I have had the same problem with QT using my Samsung S7 which is one of the phones which is compatible according to the DJI  list of Android phones. I have had many interactions with DJI Support but none of the solutions offered allowed the QT to work with my phone. Eventully I tried a different Android phone (Googel Pixel 3A) and the system worked perfectly. It may be that the list of phones DJI say are compatible are only partly compatible! I have also tried my drone with an iPhone and it works perfectly. I have tried all settings combinations I can think of to get the Samsung S7 to link for QT so unless someone knows how to make QT work with an S7 I give up!
2021-3-10
Use props
airmini2flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 626562 ft
United States

I had the same problem with my mini 2 and Galaxy S10. It's not the phone I use to fly with but my daily talker. Once I turned on my location it has worked fine ever since.
2021-3-10
Use props
djiuser_1rQEfed3Yf4r
New

Brazil

I had this problem, in my case Bluetooth and Wifi was enabled, but the quick transfer didnt work. So after I enable my GPS also, it works fine
2021-3-27
Use props
DJIvell
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

Hello, I have the similar problem, only once i can connect to dron via quick transfer. Second time no possible to push the "Connect" button in the dialog of connection. I'm tring 3 different android phone with Android 10 the same problem. DJI 1.3.0 Fly app. WiFi, BT and GPS is ON
2021-3-29
Use props
djiuser_s2zms05GDLQU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 562904 ft
United States

I have a youtube video with the exact solution to the QuickTransfer problem. Its only in the order you open apps and turn on connectivities... except the forum wont let me post the link. Search DJI Mini 2 QuickTransfer Solution, on youtube.
2021-3-30
Use props
djiuser_s2zms05GDLQU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 562904 ft
United States

DJIvell Posted at 3-29 07:29
Hello, I have the similar problem, only once i can connect to dron via quick transfer. Second time no possible to push the "Connect" button in the dialog of connection. I'm tring 3 different android phone with Android 10 the same problem. DJI 1.3.0 Fly app. WiFi, BT and GPS is ON

Wifi has to be off on the mobile device to connect to wifi on the drone. Completely contrary to anything youll find online, until today
2021-3-30
Use props
djipilotnew
lvl.1
Flight distance : 476411 ft
Belarus

I faced such a problem on Android, while my iPhone connects perfectly. Therefore, the method is relevant only
for Android:
in the DJI Fly go to the Profile / Settings / QuickTransfer Band and set the switch ON

2021-4-7
Use props
DJIvell
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

djiuser_s2zms05GDLQU Posted at 3-30 08:05
Wifi has to be off on the mobile device to connect to wifi on the drone. Completely contrary to anything youll find online, until today

Unfortunatly it not working
2021-4-7
Use props
djiuser_CtKe5QB63a8r
lvl.1

Canada

Hi, have you figured it out yet? I have the same problem...
2021-6-26
Use props
newflier
lvl.2
Australia

Never did solve it.  I just use the laptop to download, which is much quicker, or download to phone using the cable.
2021-6-27
Use props
djiuser_Wf01M8yWFaTZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1276473 ft
Turkey

djipilotnew Posted at 4-7 06:54
I faced such a problem on Android, while my iPhone connects perfectly. Therefore, the method is relevant only
for Android:
in the DJI Fly go to the Profile / Settings / QuickTransfer Band and set the switch ON

No Quick transfer option there anymore. DJI seems to eliminate a lot of things lately... Including on/off charging option... Why DJI???
2021-7-5
Use props
djiuser_Wf01M8yWFaTZ
lvl.2
Turkey

newflier Posted at 6-27 15:35
Never did solve it.  I just use the laptop to download, which is much quicker, or download to phone using the cable.

OK, but what about HD quickshoots and pano? DJI fly doesn't recognize quickshots and globe pano photos in the folder of SD card inserted...
2021-7-5
Use props
newflier
lvl.2
Australia

Solved.  Recently changed from Samsung Galaxy S9 to S20.  Tried again and now it works just fine.?????
2021-7-16
Use props
djiuser_Wf01M8yWFaTZ
lvl.2
Slovenia

djiuser_tlHutQBj0ZBC Posted at 3-10 01:50
I have had the same problem with QT using my Samsung S7 which is one of the phones which is compatible according to the DJI  list of Android phones. I have had many interactions with DJI Support but none of the solutions offered allowed the QT to work with my phone. Eventully I tried a different Android phone (Googel Pixel 3A) and the system worked perfectly. It may be that the list of phones DJI say are compatible are only partly compatible! I have also tried my drone with an iPhone and it works perfectly. I have tried all settings combinations I can think of to get the Samsung S7 to link for QT so unless someone knows how to make QT work with an S7 I give up!
I have figured it out after few days of loosing my nerves, you must enable airplain mode, then press QT on your drone, start DJI fly app and it will connect. If you then look at preferences of dji wifi connection, it is connected through DJI fly. Other phones that have no problem connecting show connection through Google . I know, strangest thing, but it works for me on tripltek 8inch tablet, wich allso did not connect without airplain mode.
2021-10-19
Use props
djiuser_Wf01M8yWFaTZ
lvl.2
Slovenia

djiuser_Wf01M8yWFaTZ Posted at 7-5 12:29
OK, but what about HD quickshoots and pano? DJI fly doesn't recognize quickshots and globe pano photos in the folder of SD card inserted...

I know, isn't it sad?
2021-10-19
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

I must even enable GPS (plus BT and WIFI) to have a connection!
2021-10-19
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_Wf01M8yWFaTZ Posted at 10-19 00:32
I have figured it out after few days of loosing my nerves, you must enable airplain mode, then press QT on your drone, start DJI fly app and it will connect. If you then look at preferences of dji wifi connection, it is connected through DJI fly. Other phones that have no problem connecting show connection through Google . I know, strangest thing, but it works for me on tripltek 8inch tablet, wich allso did not connect without airplain mode.

Ive not had to enable flight mode myself, my wifi turns off when i leave my home but my Bluetooth stays on for my watch, Alexa Auto and Parrot handsfree, so the app just asks me to connect the wifi, i accept and then the button to connect shows up and i hit connect and that's it job done, that's for the Note 20 Ultra. Its crazy how other devices act differently, if it works so be it, that's the main thing
2021-10-19
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

I had this problem, and found that the wi-fi was connecting to another wi-fi and NOT mine.  Once I got it in the right one,
and bluetooth on as well, it worked fine.  HOWEVER, I will not use it because, I have found that moving the chip to the
computer and copying the files is faster, and easier for me.  Hope you all get it working.
2021-10-28
Use props
djiuser_5yNHuOyCuZcd
New
Flight distance : 28825 ft
Hong Kong

can change the wifi setting from auto to static or fixed, then can be connected after changes
2022-1-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules