2261 16 2020-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many know, but many more don't.  The props can look fine but still cause these errors and sometimes can cause a loss of power that causes your drone to completely drop down out of the sky.  So my advice is don't ignore it and take the 2 minutes to fix it.....

Cheers
Ian

2020-11-21
Use props
MavicMats
lvl.4

Sweden

As always Ian, a very nice and informative guide for our drones !

/MavicMats
2020-11-22
Use props
Mortensldk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 132592 ft
Denmark

Thanks for sharing Ian.
2020-11-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Informative guide. Thanks for sharing.
2020-11-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive also had this when the props picked up some grass juice and a simple wipe fixed the issue.
2020-11-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very on point video Ian - good work
2020-11-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So Ian are you still keeping your Mini in the case as I want to do....... (Not folking out for one of those poncy clear containers)...... Has any one come up with a mod to the case so that the mini can be kept in the case.

Or even more radical should DJI Give all the Mini Fly more owners a redesigned case
2020-11-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Very good guide Ian, thanks for sharing
2020-11-22
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-22 09:02
So Ian are you still keeping your Mini in the case as I want to do....... (Not folking out for one of those poncy clear containers)...... Has any one come up with a mod to the case so that the mini can be kept in the case.

Or even more radical should DJI Give all the Mini Fly more owners a redesigned case

Thanks to all!  I'm actually keeping the Mini in the combo case, but leave the case edge up so the handle is up in the air and the drone body sitting on its rear with no weight on the props.....
2020-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2020-11-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ian. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this informative video you have created. Great work and thank you for supporting DJI. .
2020-11-22
Use props
agd1949
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14180 ft
United Kingdom

I'm a beginner with a new Mini 2.  Taking it slowly and cautiously until I'm fully comfortable flying the drone - mastering photography can wait!

I've not had this flying issue but when I watched the video it made me wonder if the prop retaining clip with the Mini 2 could cause this problem since I've noticed the  front props need to be pushed down slightly so they rest under the clip.  Over time will this tension damage the Mini 2 front props?
2020-11-24
Use props
Art Vandelay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 95492 ft
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-22 09:02
So Ian are you still keeping your Mini in the case as I want to do....... (Not folking out for one of those poncy clear containers)...... Has any one come up with a mod to the case so that the mini can be kept in the case.

I modified my flymore case by cutting the sides of the hump at the bottom (the object that was deforming the props) and flattening it.  I also put some foamy door insulation tape at the front to lift it up and at the rear.  

Also need to make sure other props are stored vertically so they don't get smashed by the rectangular hump on the top of the case.

This solved it for me.
2020-11-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-22 21:55
Hello there Ian. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this informative video you have created. Great work and thank you for supporting DJI.  .

So Stephen what are you (DJI) going to do about what is obviously a design error in the case.
Or you could of course just ignor this post.

Lots of your customers have lost their Drones because of this you know.............. Not nice particularly when these are most likely new Customers to DJI

Come on step up and do the right thing
2020-11-24
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I had that uncontrolled descent with older fw. (no Propeller rotating too fast message) as well. I changed rear props and Mini is flying well...
2020-11-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

virtual Posted at 11-24 08:45
I had that uncontrolled descent with older fw. (no Propeller rotating too fast message) as well. I changed rear props and Mini is flying well...

You would not have got the message as it was not in the firmware at that point. What happend to you in the uncontrolled decent was how many mini owners lost their drone in water before this bent prop thing was known about.
2020-11-24
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

In fact I had that incident in the spring time (with other owners that lost their drones)... I store Mini in the same FMC case, I just double check the prop positioning in the case.
2020-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules