6680 36 2020-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bagus Maximus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 365010 ft
Slovenia

Hi everyone.
After an update the video that I receive during the flight started laging and.. I don't know how to describe it so here: https://youtu.be/2eaMosVwyOw

I also noticed that the controls are laging. About a second of lag time on yaw. Even if I'm 2m from the drone.
I cleared the cache on my phone but that did nothing. I'll ask a friend who has mavic air 2 to lend me his phone and if that doesn't correct the problem we'll try to use his controller.
Has anyone experienced this problem, and if yes, how did you solve it?

2020-11-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yet to experience such problems with my Mini 2
2020-11-22
Use props
Bagus Maximus
lvl.1
Slovenia

A J Posted at 11-22 02:00
Yet to experience such problems with my Mini 2

I hope you don't ;)
2020-11-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still early days for me with the Mini 2 so will keep an eye out for any abnormalities. ,
2020-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there Bagus Maximus. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mini 2 and the DJI Fly app. For us to be able to assist you further, may I know what mobile device you are using and the current version of the app installed on your mobile device? Thank you.
2020-11-22
Use props
Bagus Maximus
lvl.1
Slovenia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-22 02:58
Hello there Bagus Maximus. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mini 2 and the DJI Fly app. For us to be able to assist you further, may I know what mobile device you are using and the current version of the app installed on your mobile device? Thank you.

Hi @DJI Gamora
I use Huawei P10 Lite (Andorid 8.0.0)
Fly App version 1.2.1
Aircraft Firmware 01.01.0000 (Says up to date)
2020-11-22
Use props
Bagus Maximus
lvl.1
Slovenia

I tried with a different phone (a younger xiaomi) and the video was ok. And the lagging was gone. So I guess I need a new phone..
2020-11-22
Use props
djiuser_XvdSoYINJNfQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206814 ft
United States

Bagus Maximus Posted at 11-22 08:30
I tried with a different phone (a younger xiaomi) and the video was ok. And the lagging was gone. So I guess I need a new phone..

Could be your phone doesn't have a fast enough processing chip to keep up with the data rate especially if it an old phone.
2020-11-22
Use props
Bagus Maximus
lvl.1
Slovenia

djiuser_XvdSoYINJNfQ Posted at 11-22 09:06
Could be your phone doesn't have a fast enough processing chip to keep up with the data rate especially if it an old phone.

Yes, that was my thought too. Especially because I cleaned cache, and removed everything I could. The phone is two years old - I kinda thought it is fast enough...
2020-11-22
Use props
Bagus Maximus
lvl.1
Slovenia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-22 02:58
Hello there Bagus Maximus. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mini 2 and the DJI Fly app. For us to be able to assist you further, may I know what mobile device you are using and the current version of the app installed on your mobile device? Thank you.

I've tested with a younger phone and the video transmission was ok. And there was minimum lag. So the conclusion is that I need a better phone. The only thing still bothering me is that I haven't found anything written about this..
2020-11-22
Use props
Bagus Maximus
lvl.1
Slovenia

I reduced the screen resolution on my phone. Is there a way to reduce the quality of the video that is sent to the phone during flight?
2020-11-23
Use props
Robert20
lvl.4
Flight distance : 976798 ft
Netherlands

I experienced the same problem. Device is a Samsung A40 (Android 10, recent update). App 1.2.1. Nothing to see on the cache and SD card video, just on the device while flying with video resolution 4K and nothing changed on the camera default settings .
2020-11-24
Use props
Matthew William Scott
New

United Kingdom

I had a mini 2 drone for a few days.  I had to return mine and be refunded.  It encountered a camera malfunction and sensor error.  It said repairs required .
2020-12-14
Use props
ndshtr
New
Flight distance : 17703 ft
United Kingdom

That is exactly the issue I'm getting.
2021-4-30
Use props
ndshtr
New
United Kingdom

I get exactly the same issue with mine.  Using Redmi Note 5 as a display .All i got from reading forums and watching yt is that my phone is too old and slow. It worked fine on mini 1, but it seems to struggle since upgrade to mini 2.
2021-5-1
Use props
Bagus Maximus
lvl.1
Slovenia

ndshtr Posted at 5-1 00:25
I get exactly the same issue with mine.  Using Redmi Note 5 as a display .All i got from reading forums and watching yt is that my phone is too old and slow. It worked fine on mini 1, but it seems to struggle since upgrade to mini 2.

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm using Realme 7 pro now and I don't have any problems with Mini 2 or Air 2. I wish there was a way to tell which phone would work best. One thing that helped a bit was to clean as much data and apps from the phone. It was a minor improvement though and it didn't last long.
2021-5-1
Use props
ndshtr
New
United Kingdom

Bagus Maximus Posted at 5-1 00:44
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm using Realme 7 pro now and I don't have any problems with Mini 2 or Air 2. I wish there was a way to tell which phone would work best. One thing that helped a bit was to clean as much data and apps from the phone. It was a minor improvement though and it didn't last long.

Thanks for your reply. I agree - ideally a table of devices maintained by dji and updated frequently would help a lot. I've noticed that most apps seem to run better after first few optimising updates, and then as new features are added, they become more resource-hungry.
I've tried clearing data and apps, in fact I bought that redmi note 5 specifically as a display for my mini2 and didn't populate it with any data, so other than pre-installed bloatware it only has dji fly and airmap apps on it. I'm gonna buy a newer phone and only hope future fly app updates won't render it useless.
2021-5-1
Use props
djiuser_P71XEdpDmS54
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1015135 ft
United States

I have the exact same problem on my brand new iPad Mini 5 that I purchased only for flying my Mini 2. I have only the bare minimum apps loaded on there, and nothing running in the background.
2021-5-6
Use props
Bagus Maximus
lvl.1
Slovenia

djiuser_P71XEdpDmS54 Posted at 5-6 21:14
I have the exact same problem on my brand new iPad Mini 5 that I purchased only for flying my Mini 2. I have only the bare minimum apps loaded on there, and nothing running in the background.

I don't know if the fly app for Mini 2 has the option to change the buffering setting. Air 2 has it.
Are you using an SD card in the iPad? Slow SD cards can cause a jam..
I hope you have the option to return the iPad and swap it for some faster pad.
2021-5-7
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

Exactly this!
Galaxy S6, latest Fly app and Mini2 firmware.
No other app in the background.
Distance was only around 300m.

What can i do? I think it's a DJI issue
2021-5-14
Use props
Bagus Maximus
lvl.1
Slovenia

relaxosmo Posted at 5-14 00:41
Exactly this!
Galaxy S6, latest Fly app and Mini2 firmware.
No other app in the background.

Hi,
do you use SD cards? In the phone and/or in the drone?
Have you checked in the app if you have the option to change buffering?
2021-5-14
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Hungary

Bagus Maximus Posted at 5-14 01:09
Hi,
do you use SD cards? In the phone and/or in the drone?
Have you checked in the app if you have the option to change buffering?

I use fast SD card in the drone, that footage is fine.
Only live view is bad, no sd card in the phone..
2021-5-15
Use props
Bagus Maximus
lvl.1
Slovenia

relaxosmo Posted at 5-15 06:45
I use fast SD card in the drone, that footage is fine.
Only live view is bad, no sd card in the phone..

The solution for me was the new phone.
I remember one more detail. When I bought the air 2 drone a friend suggested that I replace the current Fly app from Google store with the one published on the DJI website, because of the updates...
2021-5-15
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Hungary

Bagus Maximus Posted at 5-15 09:18
a friend suggested that I replace the current Fly app from Google store with the one published on the DJI website, because of the updates...

Sorry, but do you read?
I wrote:
"latest Fly app and Mini2 firmware."

Of course i use the latest from DJI site.
2021-5-16
Use props
Bagus Maximus
lvl.1
Slovenia

relaxosmo Posted at 5-16 21:46
Sorry, but do you read?
I wrote:
"latest Fly app and Mini2 firmware."

Hi
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, The fly app from Google store stopped offering the latest firmware for the controller and the drone. When I replaced it with the Fly app on the DJI website I recieved new firmware updates. I don't know if this is stil the case, but was suggesting you look into it.
But as I wrote in previous posts, for me the new phone solved the problem.
2021-5-17
Use props
djiuser_PgewYtQNe9Mp
New
Flight distance : 12848 ft
New Zealand

hi,
I just bought a mini 2 recently. We did a couple of flights, it seems okay until this evening. We suffered the same issue. My phone is Samsung Note 20 Ultra, just wondering why?
2021-11-1
Use props
djiuser_DTPw5eiv8B4i
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34741 ft
United Kingdom

Since last update my Samsung s21 ultra will now no longer give me a video feed to phone just black screen
2021-11-18
Use props
Bagus Maximus
lvl.1
Slovenia

djiuser_PgewYtQNe9Mp Posted at 11-1 23:47
hi,
I just bought a mini 2 recently. We did a couple of flights, it seems okay until this evening. We suffered the same issue. My phone is Samsung Note 20 Ultra, just wondering why?

I don't know why exactly, but I thik it has something to do with the bus speed or the memory speed. I think the processors should be fast enough. With mini 2 and newer drones the video sent to the phone is in higher resolution. Try with another phone.
2021-11-18
Use props
Bagus Maximus
lvl.1
Slovenia

djiuser_DTPw5eiv8B4i Posted at 11-18 04:37
Since last update my Samsung s21 ultra will now no longer give me a video feed to phone just black screen

Hmm perhaps the new driver doesn't support this stream? Just guessing. Can you revert to older software?
2021-11-18
Use props
djiuser_DTPw5eiv8B4i
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I am not sure will give it a try but you would think dji would of tested this before update as its an up to date phone
2021-11-18
Use props
djiuser_DTPw5eiv8B4i
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Anyone having problems with dji mini 2 after last update I have now no camera feed to phone and it was working before have tried it linked to tablet and that works but not my phone which is a Samsung s21 ultra
Screenshot_20211119-102903.jpg
Screenshot_20211119-102930.jpg
2021-11-19
Use props
djiuser_ZdeEBKlOfmxc
New
United States

Also DJI Fly just went down for Android users. Android 12 just released and does NOT support DJI Fly. No way to use our products once again. Hope this is figured out quickly, was on the way out the door for a sunrise flight!
2021-11-19
Use props
djiuser_kaOEMQ4dd3OC
lvl.1
Croatia

Hello ..may ask why my DJI MINI 2 can't take shot a long video
2022-1-22
Use props
djiuser_kaOEMQ4dd3OC
lvl.1
Croatia

hello.mayi ask why my DJI MINI 2 can't take shot Long video
2022-1-22
Use props
fans8489d44d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1010446 ft
Italy

Exactly the same problem on my mini2. Not on all flights, but problems do occur sometimes. I use a samsung galaxy note 9.
2022-5-20
Use props
dewitg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700600 ft
Spain

I've experienced in my two videos large that after minute 10 of recording image become corrupted (colours) Do you know if exist some problem of sensor overheating. Same in original SD card recording.
2022-9-11
Use props
Kaushal Kumar
lvl.1

India

I have dji mini 2  . It lost video transmission and completely disconnect from remote after 200-250m ..and drone comes back ..in RTH mode..i just bought drone  4 months ago. And I haven't used that much. I have updated firmware also. It didn't solve problem  . please solve my problem..
2022-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules