3240 11 2020-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans36bd720c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1030 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flew the mini2  today to find out what caused the gimbal to become unstable on quick shot boomerang mode. What do you think caused this issue?

Latest Dji fly app
Latest FW

I changed the following parameters:
In normal mode: Pitch speed from default (15) to 8. Pitch smoothness from default (10) to 12
Yaw speed default (60) to 14 and Yaw smoothness default (4) to 6. These changes resulted in QS boomerang gimbal instability. Reverting back to default setting caused the gimbal to be stable again. Should I re-install the fly app or is it a software “bug”? Can you try it on your mm2 and see if you can duplicate it?

2020-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fans36bd720c. Sorry to read about the difficulties you're currently experiencing. We suggest performing a quick Gimbal Calibration first after you have changed the Gimbal Settings to verify if the same result applies. Should the same result remain, we'd like to have this forwarded to engineers for further checking. Kindly keep us updated. Thank you!
2020-11-23
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Switzerland

Recently there was a post about a new firmware of a small size, it was shown that Gimbal does not behave very adequately because of it, it seems to me that it is very similar to the behavior of Gimbal in your case
2020-11-23
Use props
ddjmrql
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-23 04:21
Hi, fans36bd720c. Sorry to read about the difficulties you're currently experiencing. We suggest performing a quick Gimbal Calibration first after you have changed the Gimbal Settings to verify if the same result applies. Should the same result remain, we'd like to have this forwarded to engineers for further checking. Kindly keep us updated. Thank you!

Thank you for your suggestion. I will get back to you soon with the result.
2020-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ddjmrql Posted at 11-23 06:06

Take your time and please do keep us updated.
2020-11-23
Use props
ddjmrql
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-23 06:46
Take your time and please do keep us updated.

I think I figured out what is happening with the mini 2 gimbal if you change the yaw speed in the advanced gimbal settings.

It doesn't matter if you are in N mode, cine mode, or sports mode. If you change the yaw speed below 20 it will cause the gimbal to become unstable during the quick shot mode (circle, helix, boomerang).

Keeping it to 20 and above will maintain gimbal stability.

I hope DJI can fix this in the next update. I suggest to DJI that if you change the yaw speed in any parameters allowed, it should not affect the automated baked in quick shot parameters.

The above issue is replicable. Give it a try.

2020-11-26
Use props
ddjmrql
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

This setting will cause your mini 2 gimbal to become unstable during quick shot mode (circle, helix, boomerang), it may also result in gimbal overload.
B582EA6F-E811-458E-A42C-3DA4DB0657C2.jpeg
2020-11-26
Use props
ddjmrql
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ddjmrql Posted at 11-23 06:06

Please see my above comment. I cannot delete a reply.
2020-11-26
Use props
ddjmrql
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-23 04:21

See above.
2020-11-26
Use props
ddjmrql
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ddjmrql Posted at 11-26 09:42
This setting will cause your mini 2 gimbal to become unstable during quick shot mode (circle, helix, boomerang), it may also result in gimbal overload.[Image]

Here is a follow up video:

2020-11-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thanks for the added information. We'll have this relayed back to our engineers and have this further checked.
2020-11-26
Use props
ddjmrql
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-26 23:04
Thanks for the added information. We'll have this relayed back to our engineers and have this further checked.

Keep me updated about their findings.
2020-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules