Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GPS and Compass signals used by FlyApp
854 21 2020-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya,

Made a video how the DJI FlyApp uses GPS and Compass data from
drone and mobile device.

PS the first IF in the video is ofcourse IS
cheers
JJB

2020-11-22
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

2020-11-22
Use props
Ralle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

2020-11-22
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Thanks for the video.  I have never adjusted the Home Point mid-flight but this may be useful under some scenarios for setting a new RTH.
2020-11-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thanks for sharing JJB
2020-11-22
Use props
Lisa3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JJB, thank you for posting the video.
I went out for a test and until I get a good number of satellites the indicator on the bottom of the screen pulses and is red.
Once I had a good number of satellites the drone icon is facing correctly but it’s to the far right of the arc and some times the arrow points backwards, not moving drone and it is directly in front of me.
I flew the drone further away and the icon orientation is correct but again on the far right.
I sticked yaw, left and right, and the pointer orientation is correct but always on the far right.
I also noticed, like in the video, if you go to map view then back to camera view the indicator on the bottom is gone.
How do you get it back?

Thank You
2020-11-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good work JJB
2020-11-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lisa3 Posted at 11-22 10:31
I went out for a test and until I get a good number of satellites the indicator on the bottom of the screen pulses and is red.
Once I had a good number of satellites the drone icon is facing correctly but it’s to the far right of the arc and some times the arrow points backwards, not moving drone and it is directly in front of me.

Hi Lisa,

When the map view is "ON" the AOI is not there....so close the map view to see the AOI again.

To get the AOI in good order, a) Calibrate your mobile device compass en b) mayby place your device the other way in the RC clamps. Just give it a try.

With a good calibrated mob device compass the arrow must be in the forward sector, but not always exactly in front of you (if drone is dead ahead). Not to worriem if you yaw your drone such that the arrow is pointing towards the white dot, it is heading towards home.
But in doubt, use the map view and fly the arrow on the red line-to-home!

cheers
JJB
2020-11-22
Use props
Lisa3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 11-22 12:08
Hi Lisa,

When the map view is "ON" the AOI is not there....so close the map view to see the AOI again.

Thank you JJB, I’ll do as you suggest.
Thanks again.
2020-11-22
Use props
Lisa3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you JJB, I’ll do as you suggest.
Thanks again
2020-11-22
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lisa3 Posted at 11-22 10:31
I went out for a test and until I get a good number of satellites the indicator on the bottom of the screen pulses and is red.

Are you sure your device has a magnetic sensor (compass)? One of my tablets has none and the app acts the same way.
2020-11-22
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Thanks for sharing, very informative
2020-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Very well done and we appreciate this informative video, JJB!
2020-11-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-23 03:41
Very well done and we appreciate this informative video, JJB!

Hi Gamora,

Thanks for your appreciation, may i ask a favour as contra-appreciation to ask that DJI will 'repair' the Android 1.2.1 version for shwoing up again the battery cell values in the csv file?

cheers
JJB
2020-11-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very informative JJB.    Thanks for sharing.
2020-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 11-23 04:42
Hi Gamora,

Thanks for your appreciation, may i ask a favour as contra-appreciation to ask that DJI will 'repair' the Android 1.2.1 version for shwoing up again the battery cell values in the csv file?

Could you share with us some samples of this behavior (screenshot/s or video)? We'd like to have this documented and have it forwarded to our engineers for further checking. Thank you, JJB!
2020-11-23
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Good to know, thanks JJB*!
2020-11-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-23 07:11
Could you share with us some samples of this behavior (screenshot/s or video)? We'd like to have this documented and have it forwarded to our engineers for further checking. Thank you, JJB!

Ofcourse,

Your engineers must have changed a little in the 1.2.1 android fly app ; output csv file is empty for battery cell values. BTW  iOS version does show these values.

cheers
JJB
MM 1.1.9 cells.png
MM 1.2.1 cells.png
2020-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 11-23 07:40
Ofcourse,

Your engineers must have changed a little in the 1.2.1 android fly app ; output csv file is empty for battery cell values. BTW  iOS version does show these values.

Thanks, JJB. We'll have this relayed immediately. Should we receive any updates or requires further information, we'll have you posted.
2020-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 11-23 07:40
Ofcourse,

Hi, JJB. We already received feedback from our engineers and confirmed that this will be optimized on later updates. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
2020-11-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-26 02:48
Hi, JJB. We already received feedback from our engineers and confirmed that this will be optimized on later updates. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks Gamora for your reporting back. So i will be waiting for the next update.

Best regards,
cheers
JJB
2020-11-26
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-26 02:48
Hi, JJB. We already received feedback from our engineers and confirmed that this will be optimized on later updates. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Hey DJI Gamora, while on the topic of helping can you take a look at this thread please: Unwanted Landing

Thanks.
2020-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules