Newbie..and guess what ?
826 6 2020-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kcjektLKIB6P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243428 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys, not even sure if I'm posting in the correct section or not.

Anyway, I'm new to drones and recently bought a Mini 2, well today things went a bit south and had to fish it out of water after it collided with a wall.

So my question is, what's it's chances of survival ?? It was submerged in about a foot of water for possibly a minute at most. When recovered I removed the battery, headed home and stuck it in a bag of rice, not completely covered more resting in.

Will leave it at least 24 hours but what's my chances of it being OK ??

Many thanks
2020-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi, Im sorry to read about it!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
2020-11-23
Use props
djiuser_D0sgAm6xL5jn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 379639 ft
United States

I haven't actually accidentally knocked my drone into water before. You might just check if there are any errors wrong with it. I could be too late, but if you have DJI Care Refresh, you should be fine.
2020-11-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Id give it 50/50 chance of survival.
2020-11-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Let it dry out throughly, dispose of the battery and yes - 50/50 after that.
2020-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened before and the said DJI drone got wet. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assessment on the said drone and for further assistance as well. We have a team that will do there best to check the said DJI drone and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-11-26
Use props
djiuser_7S4CmQr8gbHd
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-26 21:44
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened before and the said DJI drone got wet. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assessment on the said drone and for further assistance as well. We have a team that will do there best to check the said DJI drone and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you for your understanding.

Great reading about all the happenings on the forum but how do I get onto the original page I logged into?
2020-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules