Mini2 spun, went 70mph then flew off...
777 6 2020-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
France

I was flying my Mini 2 which had about 20 GPS locks prior to takeoff and didn't like the controller set up so made some changes from mode 1 to mode 2 in real time, it then made a hard bank, spun and headed off at 70mph according to the video telemetry sent back which I was able to verify as correct and not bad data by calculating the correct distance covered over a period of 4 seconds. Also I stopped making inputs expecting the mini to begin to behave and hover, which the input data verify, but the mini kept flying away. It then slowed down to 20mph or so and went back up to 70mph before going missing.

Now the flight records show it as located on the ledge of a cliff (it isn't there) but 'find my drone' shows it as 30m further away at the top of the cliff giving me contradictory data but both are wrong as I didn't locate the drone.

Not quite sure what to make of this, and what I can do not to recover the drone. I even tried to triangulate from various choppy video before it stopped. I don't think it's been picked up be anyone else but I'm not sure what to do next. I had the drone just for 2 days. It's my 3rd after the mavic Pro, so I'll air and now this so I'm quite experienced.
Screenshot_20201122-203022.jpg
2020-11-22
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
France

I forgot to add that the drone lost connection with the controller before it disappeared and did not attempt to return to home but followed its trajectory to dissappear.
2020-11-22
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

2020-11-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Airwater. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mini 2. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you for your understanding.
2020-11-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Best to get help is to upload your flightlog, using > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2020-11-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow - the would scare the hell out of me - be good to see the flight log
2020-11-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Definitely post the log,  my guess would be lack of GPS satellites when you took off.
2020-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules