Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've posted this before and no reply;
Why do the C1 and C2 buttons on the master controller no longer allow for gimbal recentering - it says it in the settings and I can select it, but the buttons do not reset the gimbal. The slave controller will funciton correctly, but the master controller will not recenter the gimbal.
2020-11-22
Use props
NickGrierPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1868012 ft

United States

I have the same issue. Cendence controller? If you reset the settings, it will work until you turn it off, then goes back to non-functioning until another reset.
2020-11-23
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NickGrierPhoto Posted at 11-23 14:35
I have the same issue. Cendence controller? If you reset the settings, it will work until you turn it off, then goes back to non-functioning until another reset.

No, just the plain old controller.

I’m glad you’ve confirmed the problem exists on the Cendence because I would gladly drop the money on one just to get this feature back.

It flat out doesn’t work, there’s not even a temporary fix.
2020-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, CloudVisual. We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. We suggest that you perform a quick reset on the remote then give it another try. When the remote controller is powered on, press and hold the C1, C2, and Shutter button. Turn off and on the remote without releasing the C1, C2, and the Shutter button. The remote controller's parameters will be reset. All settings need to be adjusted again. Please test recentering the gimbal using the Master RC before and after take-off. Should the same problem persists, it is recommended to swap the Master and Slave RC to see if that makes any difference. Kindly let us know also if other settings that are bind to C1 or C2 are affected. We'll be waiting for your update.
2020-11-24
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-24 23:59
Hi, CloudVisual. We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. We suggest that you perform a quick reset on the remote then give it another try. When the remote controller is powered on, press the C1. C2 and Shutter buttons to power it off. Then turn on the remote controller, and the remote controller's parameters will be reset. All settings need to be adjusted again. Please test recentering the gimbal using the Master RC before and after take-off. Should the same problem persists, it is recommended to swap the Master and Slave RC to see if that makes any difference. Kindly let us know also if other settings that are bind to C1 or C2 are affected. We'll be waiting for your update.

Thanks, I'll give the extra advise a go today and let you know
2020-11-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

CloudVisual Posted at 11-25 00:09
Thanks, I'll give the extra advise a go today and let you know

You're most welcome and kindly keep us posted, CloudVisual.
2020-11-25
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-25 00:21
You're most welcome and kindly keep us posted, CloudVisual.

I genuinely can't reset the controller, I've tried so many times.

I also followed other advice on resetting using other buttons, but it didn't work.

Can I please confirm that the instructions you've given me are for resetting the controller are for the original controller.
2020-11-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

CloudVisual Posted at 11-26 05:21
I genuinely can't reset the controller, I've tried so many times.

I also followed other advice on resetting using other buttons, but it didn't work.

The above instructions have been corrected, CloudVisual. Please check and test it once more. Kindly keep us updated.
2020-11-26
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-26 23:17
The above instructions have been corrected, CloudVisual. Please check and test it once more. Kindly keep us updated.

I've performed the reset as per the updated instructions. The reset was successful because I could see that some settings had been reverted.

The bad news is that this doesn't fix the issue. On further investigation, any C1/C2 command that involves the gimbal cannot be controlled from the Master controller and only the slave can make C1/C2 Gimbal commands that are in the list.

I have also swapped the master and slave RC over and the problem is exactly the same. The Gimbal recenter is only allowed on the slave RC. The only way the master controller allows C1/C2 recentering is if the gimbal control is with the Master controller, which is pointless in a Master/Slave 2 person drone team.

Before it is recommended that I reinstall the Aircraft firmware, I need to say that I am in this situation because a DJI authorised service centre upgraded my aircraft firmware against my wishes - this problem didn't exist on 01.02.200 (arguably the best firmware ever for the Inspire 2).

I know DJI won't do it, but what I would do to go back to v01.02.200..
2020-11-30
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

CloudVisual Posted at 11-30 05:32
I've performed the reset as per the updated instructions. The reset was successful because I could see that some settings had been reverted.

The bad news is that this doesn't fix the issue. On further investigation, any C1/C2 command that involves the gimbal cannot be controlled from the Master controller and only the slave can make C1/C2 Gimbal commands that are in the list.

Yep, they messed this C1/C2 gimbal re-centering thing somehow. It always goes back to some other assignment, i.e. camera settings or whatever.

BTW, the .0200 FW was widely denied by most of us, seasoned Inspire 2 pilots. Some preferred .0100, others swear by .0300. Recent .0500 remains controversial with power distribution issues. Bottom line: every Inspire 2 specimen will exhibit different behavioural habits, more or less relevant ...
2020-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

CloudVisual Posted at 11-30 05:32

The bad news is that this doesn't fix the issue. On further investigation, any C1/C2 command that involves the gimbal cannot be controlled from the Master controller and only the slave can make C1/C2 Gimbal commands that are in the list.

Thanks for the added information. Kindly check your messages and reply back together with your DJI Account.
2020-12-1
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-30 16:44
Yep, they messed this C1/C2 gimbal re-centering thing somehow. It always goes back to some other assignment, i.e. camera settings or whatever.

BTW, the .0200 FW was widely denied by most of us, seasoned Inspire 2 pilots. Some preferred .0100, others swear by .0300. Recent .0500 remains controversial with power distribution issues. Bottom line: every Inspire 2 specimen will exhibit different behavioural habits, more or less relevant ...

I actually can't remember what firmware I was on,  I just didn't look. It was certainly lower than .300 because I posted about losing the C1/C2 recentering when I did that upgrade and managed to downgrade back to safety and stayed there up until last month's unintended upgrade.

So just to let you know, I too ended up on the dreaded .500, but you can now downgrade to .400 which apparently doesn't have the new battery management in the firmware. Downgrade was permitted from last week - make sure you do it!
2020-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules