RCS2 and Nikon Z6II. Cannot start/stop record, or focus.
5316 8 2020-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roc Doc
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Please make a firmware update as soon as possible.
Many people cannot use their setup.

Jobs are at risk. This is really not acceptable!

I have a problem, nikon z6ii, ronin sc2, both fresh out of the box.
Plug in usb-c cable to rss and to camera.
Set disp lever to movie, set mode to P, turn on camera.
Red button on gimbal does not auto focus, does not start or stop video. It does take a snapshot if pressed and held.
The movie monitor rec icon has a line through it.
No explanation in nikon online manual, just 'cannot record movie'.
If I unplug cable from camera, I can record from camera movie button, reconnect cable and 'no record' icon appears.
Just about fed up enough to send the gimbal back!

I am wondering if this problem is because the Nikon Z6II is a new model.
And if so, when DJI will release a firmware update for the Nikon Z6II and Z7II.
2020-11-22
Use props
bastosboi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232300 ft
Germany

Same here, hoping for update soon
2020-11-22
Use props
snowko
lvl.1
Slovakia

And what lens did you use with Nikon Z6 II? I am confused now, cause I am planning to buy this camera + DJI RSC2...
2020-11-23
Use props
Roc Doc
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

snowko Posted at 11-23 02:43
And what lens did you use with Nikon Z6 II? I am confused now, cause I am planning to buy this camera + DJI RSC2...

Hi snowko

I didn't buy the 24-70 f4.5 kit lens. F4.5 is just too limiting for me.
I bought the 24-70 f.2.8 S. a couple of stops more, makes all the difference. However, it cost almost as much as the D6II body.

I bought the body and lens from https://www.bhphotovideo.com/ .Great service and best prices.
The body came bundled with F2Z adaptor at $2046.90. Nikon want $249 for the adaptor alone (I have another Nikon body and several nikkor lenses, so wanted to be able to use those).
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1599732-REG/nikon_z_6ii_mirrorless_digital.html

The lens came bundled with UV filter.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1481002-REG/nikon_nikkor_z_24_70mm_f_2_8.html

I wouldn't go back.
I like the RSC2 a lot already. I will wait for the firmware update.

The Nikon Z6II with 24-70 f2.8 S lens is really quite special. Evening and night videos are quite clear, well focussed and good colour.

Hope that helps.

Paul
2020-11-23
Use props
snowko
lvl.1
Slovakia

Roc Doc Posted at 11-23 03:49
Hi snowko

I didn't buy the 24-70 f4.5 kit lens. F4.5 is just too limiting for me.

Thanks. Your gear is on the list of compatibility for Z6. Z6 II is still not released :-(. I want to buy 2 lenses   24-200 mm f/4-6,3 (although for filming - that´s why I need DJI RSC2) and 14-30 f/4. For now 24-200 is still out of stock and DJI RSC2 does not work with any Z6 II. :-(.  We´ll have to wait. Hope not a long time.
2020-11-23
Use props
Roc Doc
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

That is a good combo. I have F mount  lenses, 70-200 f4G ED VR, 105mm f2.8 AF-S VR and 35 f1.8 AF-S ED. So the new Z mount 24-70 f2.8 S fills a space in my lens range. Ideal for Vlogging.
Let's hope. I have written a strong complaint to DJI, requesting a release date for the firmware update. Let's see what happens. They SHOULD have already had a pre-release body and made the necessary code changes.
2020-11-23
Use props
bastosboi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232300 ft
Germany

Firmware update released today with Nikon Z6 II support!!

I  have installed the new firmware on my RSC2 and the update was  successful, was confirmed by the Ronin app. Also the display on the  gimbal shows the latest version has been installed.

However, the announced Nikon Z6 II support does not work for me.

- My Z6 II does not get recognized by the gimbal.

- The camera icon does not show up on the gimbal display.
- None of the RSC2 controls work (record button, index finger wheel etc.)

I have used the supplied DJI USB-C to USB-C cable for connection.

Before the firmware update, at least the camera got recognized. Now, nothing at all.

I have restarted both the Nikon Z6II and the DJI RSC2 gimbal. The iOS app I've restarted also.

If you have the time, you can try it out and let us know if it works for you?
2020-11-26
Use props
RocDoc
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

I have updated the firmware on my gimbal. I turned off the gimbal and the smartphone Ronin application.
I am using a Samsung S7 Android phone on the phone mount. I also am using a Samsung Note20 for remote.
When I restarted the first time, the smartphone application hung while connecting to my gimbal. I turned gimbal and smartphone application off again.
I restarted the mobile phone. I turned on the gimbal first, and waited for the menu to show. Then I turned on the smartphone and started the ronin application.
The application connected to the gimbal in less than 5 seconds.
The gimbal now works in every respect. Camera movement, start record, stop record, snapshot. All gimbal menu options that I have tried work correctly.
I now have to connect raveneye and focus motor (for zoom) and test those.
I am pleased with the firmware update, which has fixed the problems I had with the RSC2 gimbal.
2020-11-26
Use props
Super Photo Cam
New

United Kingdom

If I record video with the Wifi transmitter, the Nikon Z6II does not record sound. is there a solution to this problem?
2021-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules