Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Removing the base from Pocket 2 (the one with tripod attachment)
2944 14 2020-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
willch11
lvl.1
Australia

I cannot for the life of me unattached the base of the pocket 2 (the one with that lets use use the tripod) to switch it to do it all all handle . Is there something I am missing?

2020-11-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2020-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

Hi, willch11. Sorry to read about the difficulties you're having. You can remove the detachable base by pulling it down. For reference, you can check this video timestamp: 0:56 seconds. Hope this helps.
2020-11-23
Use props
Gulfstream
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37398 ft
  • >>>
United States

attach to a table tripod, then pull the P2 out... Then remove adapter from tripod.
2020-11-23
Use props
kawoschu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168740 ft
Germany

This problem was recognized as a complaint by DJI.  I had to send the Pocket 2 in completely and now I get a new one.  Obviously this is a general problem and with the new Pocket it will work just as badly!  The options mentioned here are very helpful.  Instead of the exchange, DJI should have given such tips!
2020-11-23
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Canada

kawoschu Posted at 11-23 04:29
This problem was recognized as a complaint by DJI.  I had to send the Pocket 2 in completely and now I get a new one.  Obviously this is a general problem and with the new Pocket it will work just as badly!  The options mentioned here are very helpful.  Instead of the exchange, DJI should have given such tips!

The problem is the lack of grip, so the wise thing to do is to find a proper grip like screwing on a small tripod and pull with the tripod. Alternatively, use a knife blade with care  and pry it off. The retention clips are at both sides. Good luck.If you have any problems removing the Do-It-All handle after it's on try the tip I posted in this forum☺️
2020-11-23
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
Australia

Carry a small piece of that rubber mesh stuff which is sold for lining drawers and trays to stop stuff slipping around.  That helps to get a good grip.  Someone also suggested putting the device in the case to make it easier to get a good grip on it without risk of damage - gripping or knocking the gimbal head would not be a good idea!
2020-11-23
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
Australia

I just came across this in the P2 FAQs (which are well worth skimming over) -

"Remove the base by pulling down and replace it with the provided DJI Pocket 2 Tripod Mount (1/4”).
Hold Pocket 2 by the handle horizontally with the screen facing upward. To detach, hold Pocket 2 by the handle and pull the base vertically towards the ground. If you hold the gimbal upright and pull the base directly, it may not be detached.
The purpose of such a design is to fix the tripod mount or any other accessories firmly."

In other words, you kind of bend it off.  
2020-11-24
Use props
djiuser_4iwksPCXKktG
New
Philippines

Gulfstream Posted at 2020-11-23 03:32
attach to a table tripod, then pull the P2 out... Then remove adapter from tripod.

This is the best method I have found. Just attach it to the tripod and pull the life out of it! Jeez my hands got numb for an hour of going crazy over this base! Thank you for this tip!
1-19 01:46
Use props
Gulfstream
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_4iwksPCXKktG Posted at 1-19 01:46
This is the best method I have found. Just attach it to the tripod and pull the life out of it! Jeez my hands got numb for an hour of going crazy over this base! Thank you for this tip!

My pleasure!
1-19 09:29
Use props
Avistu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120682 ft
Spain

Gulfstream Posted at 2020-11-23 03:32

You saved my finger nails and my day. I had been struggling with is for days and was about to give up and almost accepted the idea that I´d never tale the fricking base out.
3-3 05:00
Use props
Gulfstream
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Avistu Posted at 3-3 05:00
You saved my finger nails and my day. I had been struggling with is for days and was about to give up and almost accepted the idea that I´d never tale the fricking base out.

Awesome!
3-4 04:25
Use props
fans44242c11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38510 ft
United States

I’ve lost the attachment with the tripod mount. Is there somewhere I can order a replacement?
3-17 12:22
Use props
djiuser_tW8VvjeVffHp
New

Australia

A J Posted at 2020-11-23 00:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLK1IacEPtE

Have tried all these strategies but still stuck, any other tips
4-3 18:32
Use props
djiuser_LgExQ2pYgxAN
lvl.3