Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Removing the base from Pocket 2 (the one with tripod attachment)
21447 20 2020-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
willch11
New
Australia

I cannot for the life of me unattached the base of the pocket 2 (the one with that lets use use the tripod) to switch it to do it all all handle . Is there something I am missing?

2020-11-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2020-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, willch11. Sorry to read about the difficulties you're having. You can remove the detachable base by pulling it down. For reference, you can check this video timestamp: 0:56 seconds. Hope this helps.
2020-11-23
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

attach to a table tripod, then pull the P2 out... Then remove adapter from tripod.
2020-11-23
Use props
kawoschu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 274016 ft
  • >>>
Germany

This problem was recognized as a complaint by DJI.  I had to send the Pocket 2 in completely and now I get a new one.  Obviously this is a general problem and with the new Pocket it will work just as badly!  The options mentioned here are very helpful.  Instead of the exchange, DJI should have given such tips!
2020-11-23
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

kawoschu Posted at 11-23 04:29
This problem was recognized as a complaint by DJI.  I had to send the Pocket 2 in completely and now I get a new one.  Obviously this is a general problem and with the new Pocket it will work just as badly!  The options mentioned here are very helpful.  Instead of the exchange, DJI should have given such tips!

The problem is the lack of grip, so the wise thing to do is to find a proper grip like screwing on a small tripod and pull with the tripod. Alternatively, use a knife blade with care  and pry it off. The retention clips are at both sides. Good luck.If you have any problems removing the Do-It-All handle after it's on try the tip I posted in this forum☺️
2020-11-23
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Carry a small piece of that rubber mesh stuff which is sold for lining drawers and trays to stop stuff slipping around.  That helps to get a good grip.  Someone also suggested putting the device in the case to make it easier to get a good grip on it without risk of damage - gripping or knocking the gimbal head would not be a good idea!
2020-11-23
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I just came across this in the P2 FAQs (which are well worth skimming over) -

"Remove the base by pulling down and replace it with the provided DJI Pocket 2 Tripod Mount (1/4”).
Hold Pocket 2 by the handle horizontally with the screen facing upward. To detach, hold Pocket 2 by the handle and pull the base vertically towards the ground. If you hold the gimbal upright and pull the base directly, it may not be detached.
The purpose of such a design is to fix the tripod mount or any other accessories firmly."

In other words, you kind of bend it off.  
2020-11-24
Use props
djiuser_4iwksPCXKktG
New
Philippines

Gulfstream Posted at 2020-11-23 03:32
attach to a table tripod, then pull the P2 out... Then remove adapter from tripod.

This is the best method I have found. Just attach it to the tripod and pull the life out of it! Jeez my hands got numb for an hour of going crazy over this base! Thank you for this tip!
2021-1-19
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_4iwksPCXKktG Posted at 1-19 01:46
This is the best method I have found. Just attach it to the tripod and pull the life out of it! Jeez my hands got numb for an hour of going crazy over this base! Thank you for this tip!

My pleasure!
2021-1-19
Use props
Avistu
New
Flight distance : 120682 ft
Spain

Gulfstream Posted at 2020-11-23 03:32

You saved my finger nails and my day. I had been struggling with is for days and was about to give up and almost accepted the idea that I´d never tale the fricking base out.
2021-3-3
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Avistu Posted at 3-3 05:00
You saved my finger nails and my day. I had been struggling with is for days and was about to give up and almost accepted the idea that I´d never tale the fricking base out.

Awesome!
2021-3-4
Use props
fans44242c11
New
Flight distance : 38510 ft
United States

I’ve lost the attachment with the tripod mount. Is there somewhere I can order a replacement?
2021-3-17
Use props
djiuser_tW8VvjeVffHp
New

Australia

A J Posted at 2020-11-23 00:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLK1IacEPtE

Have tried all these strategies but still stuck, any other tips
2021-4-3
Use props
djiuser_LgExQ2pYgxAN
lvl.2

Sweden

This is the easiest way I've found
2021-4-5
Use props
fansce23c336
New

United States

djiuser_LgExQ2pYgxAN Posted at 2021-4-5 01:36
This is the easiest way I've found
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWHFp6pSiB8

this is wonderful advice.  impossible to remove without this video and your explanation.  rw
2023-3-6
Use props
Mslamm
lvl.1
Canada

help! cant remove the base for the SUNSET WHITE. i tried everything and even pulled a muscle trying to remove it!
2023-3-24
Use props
fans74e5d336
lvl.1
Italy

I have to admit this is a fairly big flaw.  I screw in one of those little tripod rod handles (mine happens to be a batter pack type) and then lever if off.
Here's the easiest solution IMHO, never remove the all in one handle.  Why would you need to remove it, it's still completely tiny with it on...
2023-4-3
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

fans74e5d336 Posted at 4-3 08:17
I have to admit this is a fairly big flaw.  I screw in one of those little tripod rod handles (mine happens to be a batter pack type) and then lever if off.
Here's the easiest solution IMHO, never remove the all in one handle.  Why would you need to remove it, it's still completely tiny with it on...

It depends on your use scenarios and accessories. For example, the only base you can use if you want to use the official water-proof case is the one with no tripod thread, others simply won't fit in when attempting to screw the cover on it. But that's about the only scenario where I'd think I need that base part, and even that could have been circumvented with a more clever design.

As for keeping the DIA Handle attached at all times, do bear in mind that you may need to remove the memory card separately if you want to transfer the files directly to your PC and still want to keep the DIA Handle attached at all times. I have heard that nowadays, DJI does not recommend transferring files through the DIA Handle's USB-C port as there could occur file transfer errors.

Not sure if there was also some restriction involved of you tried to keep both the DIA Handle and a mobile device adapter attached to the Pocket 2 at the same time. I have a faint memory that the camera could say it's not possible to do so and use all the properties of the accessories at the same time.
2023-4-3
Use props
fans74e5d336
lvl.1
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-3 11:25
It depends on your use scenarios and accessories. For example, the only base you can use if you want to use the official water-proof case is the one with no tripod thread, others simply won't fit in when attempting to screw the cover on it. But that's about the only scenario where I'd think I need that base part, and even that could have been circumvented with a more clever design.

As for keeping the DIA Handle attached at all times, do bear in mind that you may need to remove the memory card separately if you want to transfer the files directly to your PC and still want to keep the DIA Handle attached at all times. I have heard that nowadays, DJI does not recommend transferring files through the DIA Handle's USB-C port as there could occur file transfer errors.

Waterproof case a good point, although I don't use that.
Also, once the DIA is in place, I never use the direct connection.
I always control with the phone remotely, even if I am standing next to it.
The connection feels to fragile, and it's a bit unmanoeuvrable with it connected (in my view)

I do think the bases are way too hard to remove though.....

Also noticed that there's no "wifi is connected" light, which is a change.  I like glancing at my pocket and seeing the green/red light on the base.
2023-4-4
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

fans74e5d336 Posted at 4-4 05:39
Waterproof case a good point, although I don't use that.
Also, once the DIA is in place, I never use the direct connection.
I always control with the phone remotely, even if I am standing next to it.

I do see your points there, and agree with quite many of them. The connection of the base parts is quite tricky in that they can be hard to remove, and still might be too "loose" for some situations (for instance, when I had my Pocket 2 mounted to my bicycle's handlebar using the tripod thread base and went for a ride, the vibrations caused the base to pop off the Pocket 2 and let it fall on concrete! So never rely on that for those kind of purposes, use the Osmo Pocket Action Cam Mount adapter instead.)
2023-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules