How to import KML files into Phantom 4 Pro Plus?
4897 7 2020-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scott L
lvl.2
Japan

I've scoured the forums with no luck, can anyone tell me how to import a KML file into a Phantom 4 Pro Plus?  It does not use an iPad so I dont think GS Pro will work.  Anyone have any luck doing this on P4P+?

Thanks!
2020-11-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What do you want to import a kml file for?
2020-11-23
Use props
Scott L
lvl.2
Japan

I've got a request from a client to capture images of a location for 3d mapping and they have created a KML file with the flight path.  
2020-11-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Scott L Posted at 11-23 02:31
I've got a request from a client to capture images of a location for 3d mapping and they have created a KML file with the flight path.

First up, the P4 pro + is a closed ecosystem and won't accept loading 3rd party apps.
To do mapping missions, you would need to get an ordinary P4 pro controller and use a phone or tablet which will accept mapping apps.
DroneDeploy is one of the major players in mapping apps and it accepts kml file input, others possibly do as well.

If you look for a new controller, be aware the the original and V2.0 are not compatible transmisson systems.
If you have a V2.0 drone, you must use a V2.0 controller  .. and original with original.
2020-11-23
Use props
Scott L
lvl.2
Japan

You can do it with a Windows machine.  No idea how to do it with a Mac...  
2020-11-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Scott L Posted at 11-24 04:24
You can do it with a Windows machine.  No idea how to do it with a Mac...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldXZn2NgfAg

You can do it with a Windows machine.
Good luck trying to do it.
If it was possible, there wouldn't still be a steady stream of users having your problem.
2020-11-24
Use props
Scott L
lvl.2
Japan

Labroides Posted at 11-24 23:28
You can do it with a Windows machine.
Good luck trying to do it.
If it was possible, there wouldn't still be a steady stream of users having your problem.

Thanks Labroides but I wasnt looking for someone to tell me I couldn't do it, I was looking for ideas on how to do it.  And I got Pix4D installed into it last night so yes, it can be done.

2020-11-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Scott L Posted at 11-24 23:58
Thanks Labroides but I wasnt looking for someone to tell me I couldn't do it, I was looking for ideas on how to do it.  And I got Pix4D installed into it last night so yes, it can be done.

[view_image]

Good luck with it.
You're the first person I've heard of that's managed to do it in the 4 years since the P4 pro was released.
Please report back on how it runs on the +.
2020-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules