Is Ronin RS2 fully compatible with Canon C100 mkII?
8189 17 2020-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HelloThere
lvl.1
Denmark

Hi beautiful people!

I am considering buying the Ronin RS2 combo version, but I am still not sure it is fully compatible with my Canon C100 mkII...for example, will I be able to connect Raven Eye to my camera? The C100 has an HDMI port, so in theory it should be possible...can anyone confirm?
Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
2020-11-23
Use props
FVP
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

I mounted 2kg camera/lens/Tilta-M follow focus and there is jitter with 50mm lens and Smooth function activated on RS2. I even tried to mount this rig on my steadycam and the jitter is here too. Even when I increase the dead band...
2020-11-23
Use props
FVP
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

54251B64-1E26-4F56-A00C-C9B36C9AC76B.jpeg
0D0F350F-1939-43AE-B182-A2EF3C5143B0.jpeg
2020-11-23
Use props
FVP
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

If I was you I will wait the next firmware...
2020-11-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, currently we have not tested the camera model you mentioned. We suggest to refer the information on the camera compatibility list for any supportive camera control functions and the balancing test. We will also forward your camera model to our testing team to check its compatibility.

Thanks
2020-11-23
Use props
FVP
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Me, I mounted the Zcam E2, wich is the best form factor for gimbal.
2020-11-23
Use props
GordonS27
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-23 03:33
Hello there, currently we have not tested the camera model you mentioned. We suggest to refer the information on the camera compatibility list for any supportive camera control functions and the balancing test. We will also forward your camera model to our testing team to check its compatibility.

Thanks

Hi Wanda,

I'd also like to request that the Canon C100 Mkii is added to testing. I just bought the RS2 and I've balanced the C100 mk ii on it but it's a bit of hassle to start/stop record, so it would be great if it could be added in a firmware update. Is there a rough timescale for it to be tested/added? I'm also planning to get a Canon C70 and I saw you mentioned in another thread that DJI are working on a new cable to connect with that. I am planning to get the tethered handle for the RS2 when 1 or both of these cameras are compatible with it (and the handle is back in stock haha)
2020-12-31
Use props
fanse36330aa
lvl.1
United States

I just balanced the C100 Mkii but cannot use the USB cable to control the camera.  I have 2 Canon cameras, C70 and C100 Mkii and neither one works with the Ronin RS2 at this point.  A firmware upgrade for the C100 and a new cable for the c70 are desperately needed.
2021-1-16
Use props
fans7d736685
New

United States

Any updates on the c100 MII?  
2021-3-8
Use props
djiuser_a0WJRN1T0a4L
New

United States

I'm also waiting for C100 mark ii control compatibility
2021-4-22
Use props
IGOoR
New

Russia

Well? Has anyone tried connecting RavenEye to Canon C100?
The camera balances nicely, but I want to control the movement with RavenEye. Will it just transmit an image? I don't need camera control
2021-7-22
Use props
djiuser_FdSATQf4iquI
New

United Kingdom

fanse36330aa Posted at 1-16 14:51
I just balanced the C100 Mkii but cannot use the USB cable to control the camera.  I have 2 Canon cameras, C70 and C100 Mkii and neither one works with the Ronin RS2 at this point.  A firmware upgrade for the C100 and a new cable for the c70 are desperately needed.

Hey, I have just got the RS2 and I’m struggling to mount the C100 to it. Did you have to buy a different mounting plate?
2021-8-10
Use props
djiuser_FdSATQf4iquI
New

United Kingdom

IGOoR Posted at 7-22 06:08
The camera balances nicely, but I want to control the movement with RavenEye. Will it just transmit an image? I don't need camera control

Hi- what mounting plate did you use to balance your C100? I’m struggling to get it to sit correctly
2021-8-10
Use props
djiuser_FdSATQf4iquI
New

United Kingdom

IGOoR Posted at 7-22 06:08

Hi, how did you mount the c100 mkII - I’m having trouble as it’s back heavy and I can’t move it anymore
2021-8-10
Use props
FRF_Films
lvl.1
United States

GordonS27 Posted at 2020-12-31 04:45
Hi Wanda,

I'd also like to request that the Canon C100 Mkii is added to testing. I just bought the RS2 and I've balanced the C100 mk ii on it but it's a bit of hassle to start/stop record, so it would be great if it could be added in a firmware update. Is there a rough timescale for it to be tested/added? I'm also planning to get a Canon C70 and I saw you mentioned in another thread that DJI are working on a new cable to connect with that. I am planning to get the tethered handle for the RS2 when 1 or both of these cameras are compatible with it (and the handle is back in stock haha)

How I’m the hell did you manage to mount the C100 MK II on the Ronin RS2? I have been trying but every time I get the body mounted, I can’t move the camera far enough laterally to be able to balance the Depth on the Tilt access. I’m using a Sigma 18/35 on the body, the focal length of the glass could prove to be the issue in all of this but for the time being, and until I rule that out, the back of the body is too heavy on the balance and fallls backward but when I try and adjust the counter weight and move the body forward, I run out of room on the plate and can’t move the camera.

Any help would be amazing.
2021-9-12
Use props
FRF_Films
lvl.1
United States

FRF_Films Posted at 9-12 14:41
How I’m the hell did you manage to mount the C100 MK II on the Ronin RS2? I have been trying but every time I get the body mounted, I can’t move the camera far enough laterally to be able to balance the Depth on the Tilt access. I’m using a Sigma 18/35 on the body, the focal length of the glass could prove to be the issue in all of this but for the time being, and until I rule that out, the back of the body is too heavy on the balance and fallls backward but when I try and adjust the counter weight and move the body forward, I run out of room on the plate and can’t move the camera.

Any help would be amazing.

Well all - think I just narrowed it down....and BOOM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abiup3JNSrI

For anyone dealing with things like:
1) Longer glass
2) Heavier cameras
3) Micro jitters

This should help you out 100%...
1) Small Rig Extender Plate: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1603993-REG/smallrig_extended_quick_release_plate.html/reviews

2) Small Rig Base Plate Counterweight: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1603997-REG/smallrig_counterweight_kit_for_dji.html

Hope this helps....
2021-9-12
Use props
ciscosimp
New
United States

Hello all, I also purchased the RS2 for my C100 mkii and was successful in balancing it using the smallrig extender plate. (Thank you @FRF_Films for your post, it was a great help.) I still need to order the counterweights to give the camera clearance for briefcase mode when I have heavier lenses attached. Is there any news of camera control/ raveneye compatibility yet? Those updates would make the purchase worth it for me.
2022-2-8
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

ciscosimp Posted at 2-8 16:50
Hello all, I also purchased the RS2 for my C100 mkii and was successful in balancing it using the smallrig extender plate. (Thank you @FRF_Films for your post, it was a great help.) I still need to order the counterweights to give the camera clearance for briefcase mode when I have heavier lenses attached. Is there any news of camera control/ raveneye compatibility yet? Those updates would make the purchase worth it for me.

this will not change, since no single manufacturer supports cinema cameras
(except blackmagic pocket) in a handheld gimbal.

with the raven eye, there is also the fact that a real 1080p (progressive) signal is expected at the input.
canon cinema cameras do not deliver this, but only a 1080psf (progressive segmented frame),
which is nothing else than a 1080i (interlace), but here instead of 2 different images in one frame,
the same frame is output twice.

2022-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules