Where are my stitched panoramas?
17062 19 2020-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fscheps
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi Community,

I upgraded from my Mavic Air to the Mavic Mini 2. In the air, whenever I took a panorama shot, I was able to choose to keep all the individual images plus the stitched one, but on the Mini 2 I can only find the individual images, but not the stitched panorama. If I open the Fly More app I see the panoramas (Sphere, 180, etc.) but I dont know where they are stored, they dont seem to be on the Micro SD card as before.

Also, I dont want to download my drone content to my mobile, does somebody knows if we could easily activate the Quick Transmision protocol without having to take the properles protection and get it to sync with our computer over Wifi/BlueTooth?

It would simplify so much my workflow :/

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and help

Fernando
2020-11-23
Use props
MavicMats
lvl.4

Sweden

I also have the same question, don't see the panoramas in the SD-card.
I will use the pictures on my computer after flying.
2020-11-23
Use props
Fscheps
lvl.1
Switzerland

I am talking with support over the chat and they dont know why the stitched images are not on the SD card.

But I found where they are (which makes no sense at all). They are stored in a folder of the App on the mobile device: This PC\Galaxy S10\Phone\DJI\dji.go.v5\DJI FLY\Video\OriginalFiles\PanoPhoto

I reported them on the chat that this is not meant to work like this, original images should be stored on the SD card and not on the mobile device we use to fly which can change. I always understood the mobile devices should only contain cache´s and thumbnails unless we decide to download content from the drone to the device, but not automatically, or at least it should be configurable.
2020-11-23
Use props
djiuser_267jcyL97zif
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15738737 ft
Bulgaria

Seems the Panorama is not stitched by the drone, but by the FlyApp. In contrast with the Air 2, that it takes some time after the last image to process them and send them to the remote and write them into the SD card.
2020-11-23
Use props
MavicMats
lvl.4

Sweden

djiuser_267jcyL97zif Posted at 11-23 06:04
Seems the Panorama is not stitched by the drone, but by the FlyApp. In contrast with the Air 2, that it takes some time after the last image to process them and send them to the remote and write them into the SD card.

Yes, I have also seen that the panorama pictures are on the SD-card on the Air2 but not on the Mini2.
I will definitelly would have the panorama pictures on the SD-card instead of in the telephone.
It is much more job to export and import them inte computer for me with my equipment.

Hope Dji listen for our problem this time.
2020-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Fscheps. The stitched Panoramas for the DJI Mini 2 are saved directly to the DJI Fly Storage by default but can be download and be saved to your phone's gallery. Unfortunately, there is no option to switch the storage location for the panorama as of the time being but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product.
2020-11-23
Use props
Fscheps
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-23 06:58
Hi, Fscheps. The stitched Panoramas for the DJI Mini 2 are saved directly to the DJI Fly Storage by default but can be download and be saved to your phone's gallery. Unfortunately, there is no option to switch the storage location for the panorama as of the time being but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product.

Thank you for the feedback. Looking forward for this improvement!
2020-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fscheps Posted at 11-23 07:04
Thank you for the feedback. Looking forward for this improvement!

You're most welcome and hope this could be added to future updates. Cheers!
2020-11-23
Use props
Fscheps
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-23 07:18
You're most welcome and hope this could be added to future updates. Cheers!

I think it would be so much welcomed by the community to have a thread or a UserVoice like page where they can submit requests for enhancing the product, the software, etc. Please consider adding this.
2020-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fscheps Posted at 11-23 07:47
I think it would be so much welcomed by the community to have a thread or a UserVoice like page where they can submit requests for enhancing the product, the software, etc. Please consider adding this.

We appreciate your suggestion. If you have any requests or concerns with DJI please feel free to post it here at the DJI forum. We can help you forward the said request to the designated department. Thank you for your continued support of DJI. Have a great day!
2020-11-23
Use props
MikeHulme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 320052 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

Yes, having the single stitched image on the card does just make the work flow easier, especially if you cannot immiateley transfer from the app album to another location.  Not a huge issue but certainly a 'nice to have' with any upgrade...

Mike
2021-1-8
Use props
ExtraGloves
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19537 ft
United States

I casn't speak for iPhone but on my Android they go to a folder in my phone gallery called PanoPhoto.  On the SD card its a bit harder to find but they were in something like DJI\dji.go.v5\DJI FLY\Video\OriginalFiles\PanoPhoto which was posted below.
2021-1-8
Use props
FernandoScheps
New
Switzerland

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-11-23 06:58
Hi, Fscheps. The stitched Panoramas for the DJI Mini 2 are saved directly to the DJI Fly Storage by default but can be download and be saved to your phone's gallery. Unfortunately, there is no option to switch the storage location for the panorama as of the time being but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product.

Thank you, I hope this is implemented. Today for example I flew on top of a lake, I got all the individual pictures but no stitched version saved anywhere, nor on the Drone itself nor the phone. And I couldnt find a way to actually stitch it manually or something in a compatible way with Skypixel.
The way it was working on the MavicAir was fine, everything saved on the SD card on the same place and in a folder the individual pictures that composed the panorama y if we selected the option. Thank you.
2021-2-14
Use props
reaperman
lvl.1

United States

The drone stitches the panos into a globe and is viewable on the fly app.  From there you simply export the globe to skypixel where it is processed and sharing a link to social media, or website to view the globe is available.  Watch the short video below.  The whole thing is done with in the fly app in a couple of minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H78bL4OwBr0&feature=emb_logo
2021-2-14
Use props
djiuser_Wf01M8yWFaTZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1276473 ft
Slovenia

The panos taken from mini 2 allways appeared in dji app emmedeatly, stiched together... but now upgradeing to version 1.4.8. I just cant find them anymore. Sooo frustrating, what is happening, DJI?...! Quickshoots, photos and videos are all there, but no sighn of panos. Help, please! Before update everything was fine... It seems with every update some things are fixed, but some new weird things happen every time... Why is this so?
2021-9-4
Use props
Louisishappy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1113287 ft
South Africa

Yes, can we please have a way to stitch the panorama on a PC I do not want the Panorama on my phone?
2022-1-6
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

Louisishappy Posted at 1-6 07:58
Yes, can we please have a way to stitch the panorama on a PC I do not want the Panorama on my phone?

You have read ExtraGloves post #18, - not ?
2022-1-6
Use props
jhcorey
lvl.1
United States

I set it up to auto-sync the photos to the phone, and I initially had success where the stitched photo appeared in my camera's photo reel.  I was very pleased that the app did this and I didn't need any other software.  But for some reason it stopped.  I took 3 wide-screen panoramas, and only the first one got stitched together.  For the others, I have sets of 9 shots on the SD card, but I don't know if I can get the drone/app to stitch them again.
Any idea as to whether I can still get the drone/app to stitch them again?  Or do I have to get some software?
2023-2-18
Use props
MarcTardin
New
Flight distance : 1805614 ft
Brazil

djiuser_267jcyL97zif Posted at 2020-11-23 06:04

Perfect info. By the way...i sold my mini2 qnd haver ALL  downloded direct from micro sd. Só i have a problem; i doente stiched on dji app qnd nos have dozens foldere with 26 Photo compositions  TO BE merged. Adobe can do 180 pan....but cannot finding 360!  I user Stiched 4 desktop version...but the sky qnd bellow gente Black qnd nota completes 360 até ALL imagens . Oh my
2023-4-29
Use props
Wanderlust24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10502 ft
United States

I just bought my first drone-the DJI Mini 2 SE and took my first 360 pano sphere photo, but just like others, it isn't anywhere as a stitched image. All I have is 26 individual images and nothing to be able to stitch it together. Why didn't it save the stitched image? Super bummed.
2023-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules