Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tablet holder
975 11 2020-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_XjHCKWjYyKMd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 74505 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I have just received my official DJI table holder and I'm a little disappointed. I went for the DJI version as it clamps around the body of the the remote where as others seem to clamp around the antenna.
I guess I've misinterpreted the size range 7 - 10 inches! I measured my iPad and it is 7in wide, perfect I thought, might even hold iPad in its cover. But for some strange reason DJI are referring to the height of table when they quote the size range. They should be quoting tablet width or clamp range. Anyway as you can see it does fit but only just as I have to press with a little force the coverless iPad into the clamp at it full size, so it is usable, but it's not the neat solution I was looking for.
Hope this helps others.
2020-11-23
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

There are 2 options.
2020-11-23
Use props
Corbie
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Alevpi Posted at 11-23 08:56
There are 2 options.

Hi, thanks for the info. I did look at these or ones  similar but  ruled them out on two counts. I can’t imagine the antenna are designed to carry the additional weight and as the iPad case is so closed to and  cover the antenna I was worried about signal strength. The official one clamps around the body (so no weight on antenna)  and the clamp/ iPad pivot up away from the antenna so no signal degradation. Well that was my logic anyway. It’s just the size capacity of the clamp is wrong on specs.
2020-11-23
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

Corbie Posted at 11-23 09:16
Hi, thanks for the info. I did look at these or ones  similar but  ruled them out on two counts. I can’t imagine the antenna are designed to carry the additional weight and as the iPad case is so closed to and  cover the antenna I was worried about signal strength. The official one clamps around the body (so no weight on antenna)  and the clamp/ iPad pivot up away from the antenna so no signal degradation. Well that was my logic anyway. It’s just the size capacity of the clamp is wrong on specs.

Just DJI, let's say, loves to keep silent about many things, and then thousands of users are waiting for unpleasant surprises!
2020-11-23
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

And about the holder, I really liked option 2, and there the load is actually on the extension of the holder....
I think I'll use it with my iPad mini 5....
And given that many users use brackets and huge tablets, and it seems that so far no one has written about the failure of the remote control of the same Air 2.
2020-11-23
Use props
djiuser_kbLtk5zQTvol
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I was thinking of buying this and would appreciate if you could clarify. What is the actual clamp range? My 10.5" iPad Pro is a little under 7 inches wide. Thanks.
2020-11-26
Use props
Corbie
lvl.3
United Kingdom

djiuser_kbLtk5zQTvol Posted at 11-26 11:04
I was thinking of buying this and would appreciate if you could clarify. What is the actual clamp range? My 10.5" iPad Pro is a little under 7 inches wide. Thanks.

Hi, I am not happy with fit into my iPad Pro 11, it does fit but takes a little force to get it in. I am in the process of trying to return it to DJI. I have purchased a skyreat version which arrived today which open a lot further, so I can leave my iPad cover on. It also has a lanyard which allows for hand launch.
Hope this helps

2020-11-26
Use props
djiuser_kbLtk5zQTvol
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Corbie Posted at 11-26 12:04
Hi, I am not happy with fit into my iPad Pro 11, it does fit but takes a little force to get it in. I am in the process of trying to return it to DJI. I have purchased a skyreat version which arrived today which open a lot further, so I can leave my iPad cover on. It also has a lanyard which allows for hand launch.
Hope this helps

Perfect. Thank you. Mine is 3/16 short of 7inches so should fit caseless without force by the look of that. It's a bit silly they didn't engineer it to be slightly larger.
2020-11-26
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Fits my ZenPad 10" with case, no problem.  But .... that isn't the biggest issue.   The pivot points don't lock, its just friction held.  I thought by looking at the photos prior to purchase, the button on the slide would release or lock all pivot points.  Hold the button, adjust, let go and it locks ..... nope.  For $49 I expected it to lock in place, and it does not.
As well, there is no option for a lanyard, to help you steady the flimsy pivot points ... frustrating.

TABHOLDER.JPG
2020-11-26
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

I tried another holder that fit my original mini .... that is going to damage the antenna rods that move in/out.
Very unstable, wobbles horribly, and could possibly throw your tablet on the ground, as it's just gripped by a little spring pressure.

Capture.JPG

2020-11-26
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

hunterws Posted at 11-26 15:52
I tried another holder that fit my original mini .... that is going to damage the antenna rods that move in/out.
Very unstable, wobbles horribly, and could possibly throw your tablet on the ground, as it's just gripped by a little spring pressure.

I use that holder......but I added a small/long bolt and wingnut to fix it to the rails of the antenna. You can see the bolt just above the DJI logo. No way that is coming loose.
Also added the custom strap mounts that keep the whole thing hanging level. Been using this rig for the MA2 since May 14; no damage yet.

MA2 remote with ASUS tablet and neckstrap.jpg
2020-11-26
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Germany

GaryDoug Posted at 11-26 20:02
I use that holder......but I added a small/long bolt and wingnut to fix it to the rails of the antenna. You can see the bolt just above the DJI logo. No way that is coming loose.
Also added the custom strap mounts that keep the whole thing hanging level. Been using this rig for the MA2 since May 14; no damage yet.

The remote looks like an agricultural drone.
2020-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules