Why Mini 2 doesn't support 5GHz when Mini 1 does?
5857 17 2020-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slipushenkogmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7795459 ft
Ukraine

Hi All! I'm from Ukraine, just bought Mini 2, and was really wondered why it doesn't have 5GHz support. I also have Mini 1 and it got the support of 5GHz in April 2020. Does anyone know, how Ocusync selects the range of available frequencies?
2020-11-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the Mini 2 in the UK and it does support both 2.4 and 5.8GHz. May have something to do with your region  
2020-11-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there slipushenkogmail.com. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 2 supports 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz simultaneously. In areas that support both frequency bands, DJI Mini 2 switches to the optimal frequency band and channel according to the signal conditions. In addition, when the said DJI drone enters a country or a region where 5.8 GHz is restricted, such as Japan, Russia, Israel, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, the DJI Fly application will ban the 5.8 GHz according to the country code that has been identified, and therefore users can only choose 2.4 GHz. Thank you.
2020-11-23
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

A J Posted at 11-23 13:06
I have the Mini 2 in the UK and it does support both 2.4 and 5.8GHz. May have something to do with your region

DJI still thinks that Ukraine is Russia....
They like to ban everything, these are the features of totalitarian States...
2020-11-23
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-23 20:23
Hello there slipushenkogmail.com. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 2 supports 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz simultaneously. In areas that support both frequency bands, DJI Mini 2 switches to the optimal frequency band and channel according to the signal conditions. In addition, when the said DJI drone enters a country or a region where 5.8 GHz is restricted, such as Japan, Russia, Israel, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, the DJI Fly application will ban the 5.8 GHz according to the country code that has been identified, and therefore users can only choose 2.4 GHz. Thank you.

Like for Mavic Mini 5.8 GHz for Ukraine was closed from the beginning, but then this frequency was opened.
2020-11-23
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alevpi Posted at 11-23 22:37
DJI still thinks that Ukraine is Russia....
They like to ban everything, these are the features of totalitarian States...

Hopefully they’ll sort something soon
2020-11-23
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Switzerland

A J Posted at 11-23 23:54
Hopefully they’ll sort something soon

DJI may be, but Russia and Ukraine are definitely not, even when there is no Putin, I'm not sure!
2020-11-24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alevpi Posted at 11-24 00:34
DJI may be, but Russia and Ukraine are definitely not, even when there is no Putin, I'm not sure!

Strange how the OP got 5.8 on his Mini 1...
2020-11-24
Use props
slipushenkogmail.com
lvl.2
Ukraine

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-23 20:23
Hello there slipushenkogmail.com. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 2 supports 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz simultaneously. In areas that support both frequency bands, DJI Mini 2 switches to the optimal frequency band and channel according to the signal conditions. In addition, when the said DJI drone enters a country or a region where 5.8 GHz is restricted, such as Japan, Russia, Israel, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, the DJI Fly application will ban the 5.8 GHz according to the country code that has been identified, and therefore users can only choose 2.4 GHz. Thank you.

In addition, when the said DJI drone enters a country or a region where 5.8 GHz is restricted, such as Japan, Russia, Israel, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, the DJI Fly application will ban the 5.8 GHz according to the country code that has been identified, and therefore users can only choose 2.4 GHz. Thank you.

Mavic mini has 5.8 GHz support in Ukraine. So, I'm wondering why Mini2 (and by the way Mavic Air 2 as well) doesn't. Can you, please, bing this simple question to DJI devs?
2020-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

slipushenkogmail.com Posted at 11-24 12:04
In addition, when the said DJI drone enters a country or a region where 5.8 GHz is restricted, such as Japan, Russia, Israel, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, the DJI Fly application will ban the 5.8 GHz according to the country code that has been identified, and therefore users can only choose 2.4 GHz. Thank you.

Mavic mini has 5.8 GHz support in Ukraine. So, I'm wondering why Mini2 (and by the way Mavic Air 2 as well) doesn't. Can you, please, bing this simple question to DJI devs?

Hi there slipushenkogmail.com. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have shared. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-11-25
Use props
mukhas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832605 ft
Russia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-11-25 22:55
Hi there slipushenkogmail.com. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have shared. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.

DJI Team, what is decision on this situation? No reply and no solution more than 2 months already. When you gonna solve this issue?
2021-2-3
Use props
djiuser_910KMbdUYX8B
New

Ukraine

Да очень хотелось бы частоту 5.8, так как на 2.4 1 км и все
2021-2-5
Use props
djiuser_XKQiTkZzSCP3
lvl.1
United States

I recently bought the Mini2 (Feb 2021) and in the USA, and I don't see 5.8 Ghz as a choice, even when I try manual mode.  Is there some misconfiguration issue? I have Fly app ver 1.24 for Andriod.
2021-2-11
Use props
grafvadim
New
Flight distance : 19341 ft
Ukraine

DJI support is in no rush to launch 5.8 in Ukraine. It is not clear Ukraine is not Russia. 5.8 in Ukraine as well as in Belarus is allowed. Why 5.8 works in Belarus, but not in Ukraine.
Can anyone from DJI support answe ?
2021-2-16
Use props
her27rus
lvl.2

Russia

Guys, in Russia you also need to allow 5 GHz
2021-2-16
Use props
D.K.777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9810 ft
Ukraine

It would be great to have 5.8 unlocked in Ukraine. DJI Team, please check out the opportunity to do this important update for all Mini 2 users. Thanks. Regards.
2021-4-15
Use props
bogdanDji
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hey DJI Team! Do you have any updates with this point?  Why Mini 1 support 5.8 but MINI 2 doesn't support in Ukraine? When you add this functionality in MINI 2 ? Its very bad.
2021-5-12
Use props
Serhii Slipushenko
lvl.2
Ukraine

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-11-25 22:55

Is there any news around enabling 5.8 GHz in Ukraine? It is 6 months passed since
2021-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules