Rubber Damper Tool / Technique for Attaching Dampers?
4495 3 2015-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tony Tronic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Hello,
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]I was wondering if anyone could help me.

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]I have to replace the gimbal mount on my Inspire 1, which means I will have to detach the rubber dampers and mounting plate.

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]I am clear on how to dismantle everything and replace the part but am a little concerned about reinserting the rubber dampers without damaging them.

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]From what I have seen it is mainly a technique of gentle persuasion, hoping not to damage the dampers, does anybody have a trick or tip they could share of a good way to do it?

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]The Inspire came with a large tool which looks like a cross between a bottle opener and screwdriver, I believe it's use is for replacing the dampers, but how is it used? Is there some documentation somewhere?

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]I find it hard to believe it is purely for sliding up the edge of the damper as you try to pass it through the mounting plate, it seems a little OTT for that and any screwdriver I already have could be used for that. I was wondering if anybody had used it successfully in another way? I thought maybe it might be put inside the damper so it could be pulled through the mounting plate.

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Any genuine help would be appreciated.
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Thanks

2015-6-28
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Rubber dampers in the Inspire are a pain to replace screwdriver in the package is DEFINITELY not for that purpose.  The screwdriver thingy is for the bolt on the landing gear. Very poor instructions on DJI items as if they are afraid to make a mistake in translation! or cause a lawsuit so they just don't write ANY instructions (i think it is cultural)
Only way to replace rubber dampers for the gimbal mount is by your fingers sideways first and then middle pushing and simultaneously pulling(not too hard to rip) with a fine nose plier is the way i replaced dampers a few times
2015-6-28
Use props
Tony Tronic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks for the responses, the screwdriver tool fits perfectly in the slots on the RC device holder, so would say it is definitely for that. Not sure why I had the part listed as a tool for the dampers.
Anyway, I've completed my part replacement this morning, reinserting the dampers was the most difficult part as expected, although the screws and data cables are teeny-tiny and aren't easy to work with.

I used this technique to reinsert the dampers if anyone else needs help with this:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-788-1-1.html

Instead of using wire, I used some string as I was worried wire might cut the damper. Not pulling too hard and helping it along with my fingers worked well.
2015-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules