Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Trains in stereo surround sound - audio demonstration
666 6 2020-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I went for a walk by the railway this afternoon and gathered some audio/video sound effects of passing trains and other environmental sounds.  I have to say I am more than impressed with the Pocket 2's built in mics.  

By the way, I recently tested the frequency response of the mic input on the do-it-all handle, and it seemed to be pretty flat over the audible spectrum.  It's not so easy to test the frequency response of the built in mics used in this video, but my rough tests showed that they responded well at all frequencies.  Certainly in this video they capture the sounds of birds, cars, bicycles, footsteps, and train horns, very well.  

When recording and playing back test tones, there's a lot of harmonic distortion happening, but I think that may be down to the audio codec.  In real-world use, it would rarely be a problem.

I used the wide angle lens, and the official extension rod, for the whole video.

2020-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for posting this video you have filmed and thank you for the positive feedback you have given for the DJI Pocket 2. Have a safe and a happy filming always. .
2020-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very cool!
2020-11-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds very cool
2020-11-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent test.  Audio capture is much improved over Osmo Pocket.  
2020-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see (and hear)!
2020-11-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I subscribed to your channel via 2 channels .
Mine are http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl
http://www.youtube.com/c/PeterMontfrooij
2020-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules