DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Camera Gimbal Locking Out
1025 4 2020-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_xAl5HgDPJqgR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4114 ft
United States

I have a DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 for work and am experiencing several issues. First the DJI Go App will not work on my S9+ but works just fine on my coworkers S20. All things worked great with the S20. To work around this, we purchased a DJI Crystal Sky. When connected, the app made us do a a firmware update (11/5/20). Ever since this, the camera will respond normally but then after taking one picture when flying the camera will tilt 30 degrees or so off of vertical towards the horizontal position and will not respond. We land the drone restart everything and then it works fine until we take a picture and then it tilts and locks out. It will still take pitcures but will not move from the angle it is at. Tried the S20 instead of the crystal sky and same thing. Tried using DJI pilot app on the crystal sky and the S20 and same results. Tried using pix4d with ctrl+dji and same thing. The cameral keeps tilting after 1 picture and locking out all motion. Any ideas?
The pilot app also swithches to chinese midflight which was fun the first time.

I have not been able to revert back to a different firmware versions as our coorporate IT department, microsft defender, and Norton are all detecting a Trojan virus within the the DJI Assistant 2 for Phanotm download file.

2020-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_xAl5HgDPJqgR. Sorry to read about the difficulties you're currently experiencing. If you have not tried, we recommend performing both a Reset Camera Settings and Gimbal Auto-Calibration to check if that helps. Refreshing/Updating the firmware via the DJI Assistant 2 (please make sure to download the DJI Assistant 2 in our Official Channel or directly here: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro-v2/downloads) would be the other option but should everything fails and that the problem persists, we'll have your concern check. Kindly keep us updated.
2020-11-24
Use props
djiuser_xAl5HgDPJqgR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4114 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-24 07:16
Hi, djiuser_xAl5HgDPJqgR. Sorry to read about the difficulties you're currently experiencing. If you have not tried, we recommend performing both a Reset Camera Settings and Gimbal Auto-Calibration to check if that helps. Refreshing/Updating the firmware via the DJI Assistant 2 (please make sure to download the DJI Assistant 2 in our Official Channel or directly here: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro-v2/downloads) would be the other option but should everything fails and that the problem persists, we'll have your concern check. Kindly keep us updated.

I have reset the camera settings and auto-calibration and the problem persists. I am not able to download the Assistant 2 as it is being flagged by my IT group as containing a Trojan Virus in the download from your website.
2020-11-24
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

You must Disable Norton or any antivirus before install it, this file not contain any virus or Trojan .....Good luck
2020-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_xAl5HgDPJqgR Posted at 11-24 08:10
I have reset the camera settings and auto-calibration and the problem persists. I am not able to download the Assistant 2 as it is being flagged by my IT group as containing a Trojan Virus in the download from your website.

Thanks for the update. The anti-virus must be reporting false-positives. As long as you download the installer from our Official Channel, it should not contain any virus. You can temporarily disable your anti-virus or reach your anti-virus support to handle this concern.
2020-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules