Recommend USB-A to USB-C Cable
1398 5 2020-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
notdmartian
lvl.2

Singapore

Hi Guys,

Can recommend me a good brand of USB-A to USB-C cable for use on Pocket 2. I find the cable included is a bit short. I bought a Philips USB-A to USB-C 3.0 but it doesn't charge the pocket 2. I'm using an iphone charger. Using the included pocket 2 cable I was able to charge using this same charger. I'm gonna return the cable tomorrow to see if it's broken (I have no other device to test this cable with ).

Thanks in advance.
2020-11-24
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'm using any cable that comes to hand from the jumble on my desk.  I suspect the one you have is defective - nothing special should be required.
2020-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there notdmartian. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. You may try check our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see if those cables ( USB-A to USB-C ) that you need are available. In addition I hope that you can get some recommendations from our DJI members with regards to this inquiry and where do they purchase the said cables as well. Thank you and please be safe always.
2020-11-24
Use props
notdmartian
lvl.2

Singapore

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-24 16:04
I'm using any cable that comes to hand from the jumble on my desk.  I suspect the one you have is defective - nothing special should be required.

thanks i'll try to bring back the cable to the shop i purchased it.
2020-11-24
Use props
notdmartian
lvl.2

Singapore

notdmartian Posted at 11-24 19:27
thanks i'll try to bring back the cable to the shop i purchased it.

Just an update. Seems the problem was the combination of the cable and the iPhone charger. If I change the charger the cable will work. It's very weird. Anyway, I have changed to a diff manufacturer's cable and it now works with the iPhone charger.  
2020-11-25
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Switzerland

I didn't find any mention of any fast charging in OP2. 5V/2A is indicated everywhere.
Therefore, the best cable, the shorter the better, preferably a well-known manufacturer.
The power supply itself is best to support 5V/2.1 A and also be a well-known manufacturer.
Note that there are 5V/1A and 5V/2A power sources, they will charge worse, 100 mA will go to losses in the connectors and the cable itself, and various adapters will only make the charge current loss stronger!
2020-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules