Osmo 3 not working or connecting anymore
4055 9 2020-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rleao10
lvl.1

Brazil

I rarely used my Osmo 3 throughout the entire year with the pandemic. Now I try to capture a few shots but the gimbal started to give me a series of issues...
First, it did not stay connected for too long.
Now the problem got much worse and the osmo 3 apparently do not connect fully to my phone even though it says "Connected"

I am using a Samsung Galaxy 9+
The app is up to date version 1.5.4
Osmo firmware was successfully upgraded this week even after many installation flaws
Still none of the buttons work and the light on the gimbal keep blinking green even when the app says "phone connected"

Others things to consider:
- The app always shows the gimbal battery as low even when fully charged
- I reset the Osmo Bluetooth a few times and rediscovered it but this did not solve the issue.
- When the app says connected the phone does not stay more than 5sec linked but even when it does the pan, zoom and record buttons do not work
- When briefly connected the base rotor does not seem to be working
- The trigger button align the gimbal and it is the only button which seems to be working

2020-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there rleao10. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo application on your mobile device or kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for us to be able to isolate the said issue. In addition, are you able to post sample video showing the said issue for us to check as well. Thank you.
2020-11-24
Use props
rleao10
lvl.1

Brazil

Hi Stephen,

I have already reinstalled the app on my phone and the problem persisted.
Just an important heads up, I used my phone many times with this gimbal before it started giving me issues to connect.
I ran a test with my friend's iPhone with works perfectly with his DJI Osmo 3 and it did not connect properly with my Osmo 3.
This tells me that the issue is really with my Osmo 3, not my phone or Mimo app.

You will see what is happening in the video available in the link below.
Let me know if you are unable to download it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yn32qm5bb1ch3oa/20201124_151248.mp4?dl=0

I will wait for your reply.
Thank you.
2020-12-1
Use props
rleao10
lvl.1

Brazil

Hello,

Anyone would have a solution to what has been reported?

Thank you,
Rafael
2020-12-7
Use props
djiuser_6XxMSoKnqSlj
New

Italy

I have the same issue, please send a solution!
2020-12-13
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

rleao10 Posted at 12-1 08:41
Hi Stephen,

I have already reinstalled the app on my phone and the problem persisted.

Did you try forget the device in your Bluetooth settings and repair. Also you need to hit reply to DJI stephens comment else  he won’t see your reply, they don’t routinely follow up on threads unless they get a notification it seams.
2020-12-13
Use props
rleao10
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-24 20:21
Hello there rleao10. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo application on your mobile device or kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for us to be able to isolate the said issue. In addition, are you able to post sample video showing the said issue for us to check as well. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

I have already reinstalled the app on my phone and the problem persisted.
Just an important heads up, I used my phone many times with this gimbal before it started giving me issues to connect.
I ran a test with my friend's iPhone that works perfectly with his DJI Osmo 3 but it did not connect properly with my Osmo 3.
This tells me that the issue is really with my Osmo 3, not my phone or Mimo app.
I had already reset the Bluetooth many times. Actually 8 times! nothing seems to work.

You will see what is happening in the video available in the link below.
Let me know if you are unable to download it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yn32qm5bb1ch3oa/20201124_151248.mp4?dl=0

I will wait for your reply.
Thank you.
2020-12-21
Use props
ognjenmarceta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105833 ft
Bosnia and Herzegovina

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-11-24 20:21
Hello there rleao10. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo application on your mobile device or kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for us to be able to isolate the said issue. In addition, are you able to post sample video showing the said issue for us to check as well. Thank you.

It weird and a lot of people have this issue. I have same issue. Also I noticed even if device is "connected" like on this guy video. When you go to check device serial it says it's N/A and you can't change its name. So I guess it is not connected after all.
Is there a way to read device logs? Could I do it if I write an app with your SDK?

2021-1-21
Use props
fansd5d90bdf
lvl.1

Brazil

Hello there rleao10. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo application on your mobile device or kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for us to be able to isolate the said issue. In addition, are you able to post sample video showing the said issue for us to check as well. Thank you.

So, do you guys have any solution for the problem??
It is VERY frustrating to try to make this gimbal work and deal with the absence from DJI to solve the issue
2021-1-27
Use props
fansd5d90bdf
lvl.1

Brazil

After an entire year, I am still waiting for DJI response...
2021-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules