Mini 2 360º DNG color bug.
815 6 2020-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Huginn Keningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Hi, I noticed a thing that only occurs when shooting 360 panos in JPG+DNG.

• 360 8.3MP panoramas stitched by the drone are fine.
  • JPG low res images saved in the panorama folder are fine.
  • Full res DNGs saved in the panorama folder have 1/4 of the image magenta (the upper left one).
  • DNGs shot as a stand alone photo (and AEB) are fine and no magenta square appears.

I don't think it's a hardware problem of the sensor, it may be a software problem and I think it has to be a bug somewhere in the automation process. The only time when this occurs is when autoshooting a 360 panorama (didn't try the other panorama options though).

Can you notice the square on the upper left part oft the image? It happens to all the DNGs that form a 360 panorama.

Here at 100% crop:

Although once you stitch the full 360 DNG panorama in PTGui to get an astonishing 178MP image the problem seems to disappear:

So basically the problem comes when you want to take a single image of the ones that form the panorama to use it as a standalone photo.

I'm currently using the 8.3MP panoramas stitched by the drone to publish on social networks and google maps, as they come quite nice and don't take ages to upload (slow internet connection ) neither consume huge time of workflow... but for a professional work is a thing to notice.

On the other hand, can't be more proud of this little flying camera, it's outperforming my expectations at any level

2020-11-24
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

already reported:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=228896&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D766%26typeid%3D766

hopefully a firmware update will take care of it soon enough.
2020-11-24
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

As mentioned in post #2, the issue is known and discussed already. PTGui software does excellent job blending and averaging the colour tone of images in the sequence, therefore the anomaly is not that obvious ...
2020-11-24
Use props
Huginn Keningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Ah, then maybe it'll get fixed on a future firmware update, glad is not just my drone
2020-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Huginn Keningar, we apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue. The issue you reported is caused by an error with the DNG calibration parameters, and our engineers are working on optimizing the aircraft. This issue will be fixed in the next firmware, which will be released soon. Thank you for your patience.
2020-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

They had this with previous drones too as I remember.
2020-11-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 11-24 22:34
Hi Huginn Keningar, we apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue. The issue you reported is caused by an error with the DNG calibration parameters, and our engineers are working on optimizing the aircraft. This issue will be fixed in the next firmware, which will be released soon. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks for the info!
2020-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules