RODE Wireless GO and mic from camera end at same time possible?
1402 9 2020-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rectro30
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi

I was looking at getting a RODE Wireless GO but noticed in reviews as soon as you turn your back it cuts out at quite a short distance.  I wondered if there was a way to have both a mic on the camera end plugged in via a Y adaptor of some sort with the RODE Wireless GO at the same time via the Osmo Action mic adaptor.  I will be on the beach fishing, filming so in this case I don't mind hearing the sea as long as in the forefront when talking to the camera my voice is louder.  There are times when Im behind the camera talking but Il be close at that point.  The problem will be when I walk away to cast the rod I don't want the mic to cut out.

I suppose I could clip the mic on the stand as I walk off but I'm often talking as I'm walking back toward the camera and would like to have the best of both worlds, any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan
2020-11-24
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

How many feet are you getting before cut out?
2020-11-24
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

you can try  the CNOVA with a 3.5mm Y adapter, Rode on one, a wired mic on the other, see what you get
2020-11-24
Use props
Rectro30
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 11-24 15:29
How many feet are you getting before cut out?

I have not got it yet but looking at videos on youtube it would not take much for it to drop out.
I will be walking away up to 30 yards  then turn toward the camera,  A your see in this clip he don't get far.  This would destroy my video if that was the only audio source.
Go to 1:34

2020-11-24
Use props
Rectro30
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 11-24 15:32
you can try  the CNOVA with a 3.5mm Y adapter, Rode on one, a wired mic on the other, see what you get

Thanks, I need to know if this works before I shad out the money for the RODE wireless GO.

Dan
2020-11-24
Use props
Rectro30
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Looks like I have hit a road block on this one.  Im not sure the Cnova adaptor records stereo, and If I use what is in this video below it separates the mics to left and right, problem is the video editor I use Power Director does not deal with separating audio, or converting it to mono.  The hours of footage I will have and all the many clips there is no way I can take it into another program to strip audio tracks and bring them into PD one by one.  May have to forget the wireless?

Dan
2020-11-24
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Be all you the unit can go 180 ft. I  am perfect 30 ft,  the dji is not a true stereo.  and I use PD19 as well. I do a lil more research, on the wireless mic if you want perfection, I stand clear of the knock offs that are UHF mhz
2020-11-24
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 11-24 17:51
Be all you the unit can go 180 ft. I  am perfect 30 ft,  the dji is not a true stereo.  and I use PD19 as well. I do a lil more research, on the wireless mic if you want perfection, I stand clear of the knock offs that are UHF mhz

The problem seems to be line of sight, just my suggestion, so not sure if it would work in practice, mount the reciever on top of a baseball cap and then run a lavelier wired microphone off that to your lapel, no matter which way you turn the unit will always be facing the camera
2020-12-1
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

180 ft  I was in an open field, rc car/
2020-12-2
Use props
Rectro30
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I decided to not go the wireless route.  More and more youtube videos showed the same thing, the moment the back is turned it cuts out.  Im going to stick with putting GoPro on my chest and using a lapel mic on that while having the DJI have its own mic for general environmental sounds.

Thank,
Dan
2020-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules