Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mini 2 with GoPro Hero 9 Black attached
12971 10 2020-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

After seen the result from the payload test performed 2 days ago with the DJI Mini 2, I decided to test the Mini 2 with my Go Pro Hero 9 under the belly.
Incredible the DJI Mini 2 is able to lift the GoPro without performance problems pulling on average less than 10Amps, however is detecting the payload and switch automatically to Payload Mode, limiting the altitude and distance you can fly to 98FT in altitude and 164FT of distance. Also I had to cover the down sensor in order to install the GoPro and I learned something new.

With the DJI Mini 2, when the sensor is covered, does not maintain the altitude precisely like the MA2, M2P and even the MM1. This drone gain altitude for about 5FT automatically, move back an forward for about 1FT without lock the position when the sensor is cover. Also I found a bug that cause ESC error when full power is use against the strong winds once you land the drone.
I am sure DJI will be correcting this problems in features firmware's. I will like to hear other users if they experienced same errors.

Here are the results. Also remember subscribe to the YouTube channel.

2020-11-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

What advantage do you gain by mounting the GoPro?
2020-11-24
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here you go!

2020-11-24
Use props
Lisa3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Interesting, maybe DJI will learn something here and start putting cameras on their drones
2020-11-24
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lisa3 Posted at 11-24 18:50
Interesting, maybe DJI will learn something here and start putting cameras on their drones

No way !!!!!!
2020-11-24
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

The main idea is not to install another camera on the drone, is show the capacity the drone has to lift payload. This will demonstrate the behavior. The GoPro is just a weigh reference in order to know the limits in case you want to install any accessory. Now we know how safe will be install strobe lights, fishing stuff, banners, any Halloween accessory like flying ghost, candy drops for birthdays....and much more.

Also doing this I find out the problem the drone has when you cover the sensor. This needs to be addressed by DJI.
2020-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ZeuS-FL. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this video and this flight experience you had. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So it can do a lot!
2020-11-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ZeuS-FL Posted at 11-24 19:44
The main idea is not to install another camera on the drone, is show the capacity the drone has to lift payload. This will demonstrate the behavior. The GoPro is just a weigh reference in order to know the limits in case you want to install any accessory. Now we know how safe will be install strobe lights, fishing stuff, banners, any Halloween accessory like flying ghost, candy drops for birthdays....and much more.

Also doing this I find out the problem the drone has when you cover the sensor. This needs to be addressed by DJI.

Dont forget as soon as you add weight you have to register the drone.
2020-11-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great looking vid - very cool
2020-11-25
Use props
Huginn Keningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

190 grams, pretty nice for such a little drone.
2020-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules