446 3 2020-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeaWallace
New
Flight distance : 29626 ft
Australia

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing variations with their pre-set waypoints each time they fly their drone?
We use DJI Mavic 2 Zooms.
We need the waypoints to be precise each flight and we keep noticing that they can be slightly off every now again. For us, the result is the subject is completely off the screen.

Any ideas?

Cheers!
2020-11-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you flying with the same number of satellites each time?
2020-11-25
Use props
SeaWallace
New
Flight distance : 29626 ft
Australia

There are normally at least 7 satellites connected to the drone for each flight so we have scratched that off as a possibility.
I have noticed time and time again I can run the waypoints a second time directly after the first flight and they will be different angels.
The most frustrating thing is we need the first mission to be accurate as we stream live footage, and at the moment the first run of the waypoints is way off and then I fly again to double-check, and they are exactly where they need to be.
No changes on our end.
Have tried centering the gimbal before heading to waypoints and made sure that the drone is kept still and has full GPS signal before launching.

I say there's a gremlin in the software that just loves to annoy me!

We will try setting a "Point of Interest" tomorrow for the waypoints to focus on and see if this has a more consistent outcome.
2020-11-25
Use props
DrohneSG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001906 ft
Germany

SeaWallace Posted at 11-25 17:07
There are normally at least 7 satellites connected to the drone for each flight so we have scratched that off as a possibility.
I have noticed time and time again I can run the waypoints a second time directly after the first flight and they will be different angels.
The most frustrating thing is we need the first mission to be accurate as we stream live footage, and at the moment the first run of the waypoints is way off and then I fly again to double-check, and they are exactly where they need to be.

Don't expect too much from waypoints function. There are some well known issues. Search the forum for waypoints and you will get more details. Third party software performs much better and is more convenient in handling.
2020-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules