Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Will OTC cable override WIFi?
1083 9 2020-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hannes1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29806 ft
Australia

After 3 month of lockdown I took my Spark out , no good , it would not connect to the RC. I have been through all the threds about this problem , tried a lot of sugestions ,but it's not working. My last idea is an OTC cable ,will it work ? Cheers

2020-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Hannes1. We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. Could you provide further details about what happened when you're attempting to link the Remote and the Aircraft? What's the LED Status of the Remote? There are two options to link the Aircraft and Remote for the DJI Spark, with and without using a mobile device. If you have not checked the other, we suggest checking it out to see if that helps. Kindly keep us updated.
2020-11-24
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3
Australia

Thanks for replaying so quick ,  I have tried the video you posted a few times , at 0:57 on my mobile screen it shows AC Disconnected . With the mobile disconnected I could still fly , I removed the props ,but I don't like to risk it. My mobile phone is an  i phone 6 plus, it had a few updates in the last month. The Spark never had an  update because it was working perfect, never had a hard landing or knock . Cheers
2020-11-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hannes1 Posted at 11-25 01:21
Thanks for replaying so quick ,  I have tried the video you posted a few times , at 0:57 on my mobile screen it shows AC Disconnected . With the mobile disconnected I could still fly , I removed the props ,but I don't like to risk it. My mobile phone is an  i phone 6 plus, it had a few updates in the last month. The Spark never had an  update because it was working perfect, never had a hard landing or knock . Cheers

You're welcome and thanks for the added information. Could you check what's the Status LED in the remote after turning both the aircraft and remote? Is it solid green or red? By any chance also, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI GO 4? Looking forward to more information.
2020-11-25
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3
Australia

Thanks for helping , ok ,the controller is green , Spark  ,front is red solid , back ,green blinking. On the phone ,spark disconnected. I went on  to App Store to get DJI Go 4 ,it said   ,View in Mac App Store , when i go there it said  Item Not Available ,  so it looks like that I can't install a new app. I am sure that the iPhone update caused this problem ,cheers

One more question please , will an OTG cable over ride the WiFi ? maybe that  way I can   get in to the air .

2020-11-25
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Hannes1 Posted at 11-25 19:08
Thanks for helping , ok ,the controller is green , Spark  ,front is red solid , back ,green blinking. On the phone ,spark disconnected. I went on  to App Store to get DJI Go 4 ,it said   ,View in Mac App Store , when i go there it said  Item Not Available ,  so it looks like that I can't install a new app. I am sure that the iPhone update caused this problem ,cheers

If I understand the problem correctly: The drone and the remote control are connected properly (can fly) but the remote control is not connected to the phone. For me the Android phone is not connected the first time I turn on (the SparkRC .....) does not appear in the wifi list. The second time you turn it on and wait a while, it will appear and you can connect.
Using an OTG cable replaces this phone --- controller wi-fi connection.
2020-11-26
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3
Australia

Thanks, I will get an OTC cable ,but I have been told to get the one from DJI , some other brand don't work, cheers
2020-11-26
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3
Australia

Update , I am flying again, DGI Gamora ,I watched the video and I think that the Spark was not linked to the controller, no idea how it happend ,thank you
2020-11-26
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

answered before seeing all the thread
2020-11-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hannes1 Posted at 11-26 18:49
Update , I am flying again, DGI Gamora ,I watched the video and I think that the Spark was not linked to the controller, no idea how it happend ,thank you

Glad you're back in the air
2020-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules