Overview:
  • Date: 2020.11.25
  • Firmware: v01.02.00.30
  • RavenEye Firmware: v01.01.00.10
  • DJI Ronin App iOS: v1.4.4
  • DJI Ronin App Android: v1.4.4
  • User Manual: v1.0

What’s New?
  • Added support for DJI Ronin 3D Focus System when DJI RS 2 is used with the DJI Ronin Focus Motor, which enables auto focus for manual lenses. Visit the DJI online store to purchase the DJI Ronin 3D Focus System at:  https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-3d-focus-system
  • Added Dolly Zoom. To use this feature, the DJI RS 2 must be used with the DJI Ronin Focus Motor. The distance and duration from point A to B can be set on the focus motor.
  • Added video recording, camera settings, autofocus, and focus pull support for Sony A7S III and A7C cameras with supported Sony E mount lenses using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (USB-C). To use autofocus on the Sony A7S III and A7C cameras, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Added video recording and zoom for Sony PXW-Z90V and FDR-AX100E cameras using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi USB).
  • Added photo capture, video recording, camera settings, autofocus, and focus pull support for Nikon Z6 II and Z7 II cameras with supported Nikkor lenses using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (USB-C). To use autofocus on the Nikon Z6 II and Z7 II, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, camera settings, autofocus, and focus pull support for Nikon D500 cameras with supported Nikkor lens using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (Micro-USB). To use autofocus on the Nikon D500, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, camera settings, autofocus, and focus pull support for Canon EOS-1D X cameras with supported EF mount lenses using the Multi-Camera Control Cable (Mini-USB). To use autofocus on the Canon EOS-1D X, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Added video recording for Canon EOS C70 cameras using the Multi-Camera Control Cable (USB-C).
  • Added photo capture, video recording, camera settings, autofocus, and focus pull support for Panasonic Lumix S5 cameras with supported L-mount lens using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (USB-C). To use autofocus on the Panasonic Lumix S5, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Added video recording, camera settings, autofocus, and focus pull support for Panasonic Lumix BGH1 cameras with supported Micro 4/3 mount lenses using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (USB-C). To use autofocus on the Panasonic Lumix BGH1, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Added aperture settings for Olympus E-M1II cameras.
  • Added ability to rotate screen. To rotate the screen, swipe left on the touchscreen and swipe up to enter More settings.
  • Added ability to trigger ActiveTrack by dragging a box around the subject on the touchscreen.
  • Optimized touchscreen response and added ability to disable tilt axis follow when in ActiveTrack. After disabling tilt axis follow, the tilt axis will remain at the current angle and will not follow the subject.
  • Added ability to atuo calibrate and delete endpoints for the focus motor. Swipe left on the touchscreen and swipe up to enter the endpoint settings for the focus motor.
  • Added gimbal control, photo capture, video recording, parameter settings, recenter, and selfie mode switch for the Futaba S.BUS remote controller (tested with a Futaba T14SG and R7008SB receiver).
  • Added ability to access camera settings for DJI RavenEye Image Transmission System by connecting the camera using a camera control cable.
  • Optimized power management for DJI RavenEye Image Transmission System, increasing the runtime of both the transmission system and gimbal.
  • Optimized touchscreen UI.
  • Optimized the DJI RavenEye Image Transmission System connection experience by removing the default password 12345678. After linking via the system’s Wi-Fi, a password must be set in the DJI Ronin app. The password must be 8 characters long and consist of letters and numbers.
  • Fixed occasional issue: when using with the BMPCC 4K camera, the gimbal axes failed to stabilize when changing the frame rate during recording.
  • Fixed issues: Nikon Z5, D780, and D5 cameras could not display the liveview on a camera, mobile device, or gimbal after connecting to RavenEye.
  • Fixed occasional issue: when using the Panasonic GH5, GH5S, S1, S1H, and G9, the gimbal failed to control the camera after hot plugging the camera control cable.
  • Fixed issue: when using the Olympus E-M1II camera, the camera restarted repeatedly and was unable take photos in AF mode after hot plugging the camera control cable.
  • Fixed issue: unable to take photos in AF mode by pressing and holding the camera control button when using the Sigma FP camera.

Notes:
  • Make sure that the DJI Ronin app is the latest version when updating the firmware.
  • Update the firmware using the DJI Ronin app by connecting the DJI RS 2 via Bluetooth. Do not disconnect the DJI Ronin app and DJI RS 2 during the update process.
  • Update the firmware for the DJI RavenEye Image Transmission System using the DJI Ronin app by connecting the RavenEye via Wi-Fi. Do not disconnect the DJI Ronin app and DJI RavenEye Image Transmission System during the update process.
  • If DJI RS 2 has a camera attached and is powered on while updating the firmware, make sure to protect the camera and lens as the motors will power off during the update.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart DJI RS 2 and retry.

2020-11-25
Use props
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Hello, great update thanks. Still no news about the SDK though ? Do you have an ETA ?
2020-11-25
Use props
daniele.piattigmail.com
New

France

Can you provide 12V power out from the USB-C ports please? This is essential for using camera like the BMPCC4k and professional accessories like the Nucleus M follow focus by Tilta.
2020-11-25
Use props
fansda1d1f71
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Still waiting for the HDMI "split" for RavenEye
2020-11-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the information!
2020-11-26
Use props
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

daniele.piattigmail.com Posted at 11-25 03:27
Can you provide 12V power out from the USB-C ports please? This is essential for using camera like the BMPCC4k and professional accessories like the Nucleus M follow focus by Tilta.

Agree, this is a huge setback.... I can't believe they removed the 12V ports.
2020-11-26
Use props
FVP
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

I agree we need 12v, it’s really necessary and essential.
2020-11-26
Use props
abase21
lvl.1
Germany

..great stuff, my A7SIII works now even better on the Ronin RS2, the App is not updating, maybe I have to wait until the play store is updated.
I had no problems to update RAVENEYE and the Ronin RS2…
2020-11-26
Use props
djiuser_oQKCXxavNn2W
New
Flight distance : 17779 ft
United States

Will we have some new features such as follow me mode and lock on that object while the drone in motion?

Thanks
2020-11-26
Use props
ogb
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

At least the new firmware seems to work. I'm able to get the camera picture on the LCD screen and to connect to the picture on the app.
It's a relief.
For those of you owning a BMPCC4K/6K (best cam in the world at the moment in my view....), I do understand that you are resenting the loss of the 12V port. But, in my opinion, for long shooting sessions in the field, we did experience that the BMPCC6K was draining the power of the gimbal very very fast.. Too fast.
So, we are using a small accessory to power the cam from a Sony NP battery and we are able to run for hours....
Tilta and Smallrig are offering those accessories. Both work well, although I do prefer the latter.
Hope this helps.

2020-11-27
Use props
JoKa13
lvl.1
Austria

Regarding:
- Added ability to auto calibrate and delete endpoints for the focus motor. Swipe left on the touchscreen and swipe up to enter the endpoint settings for the focus motor.

Comment:
Thanks this is great since like other users I had the issue where I inadvertently crashed the buckle on the lens strap against the RS2 focus motor under manual control using the RS2 focus wheel, badly destabilising the camera setup on the Gimbal.

Q1) However, on a by-wire lens like the Sigma 18-35 on the BMPCC4k, what will this focus motor calibration actually achieve, since the response of the lens focus is nonlinear to distance traveled by the focus motor wheel, with the focus change depending on at least speed as well as distance traveled? Are DJI considering to adapt to the nonlinearity behaviour of at least popular lenses like this one, so that in the future the focus motor can adapt to this nonlinearity in controlling the focus throw of the lens? Only then the endpoint calibration would make sense it seems.

Q2) This would be great, since as far as I understand, also only then would it become possible to use the new DJI RS2 3D Focus system on by-wire lenses like the popular Sigma 18-35...
2020-11-27
Use props
richardgreencreative
New

United Kingdom

I have 2 issues with these updates so far which I'm struggling to find any answers on and seeing as DJI Live Chat doesn't allow for Ronin product support at the minute, and there wasn't an updated manual to elaborate on WHAT exactly some of these new updates achieve... I'm a little stumped.

1) I cannot for the life of me get the RavenEye to update - to the point, I think it's faulty. I've tried (literally) around 30+ times today. Each time restarting the RavenEye and the app, as well as deleting the Ronin app entirely and re-installing. It gets to around 4-5% then fails with the attached imaged error message.

2) The updated focus motor calibration almost seems pointless and I think has done some damage to my focus motor
The auto-calibration didn't work for either a by-wire lens or manual lens with hard stops; so what does it actually achieve?!
I cannot for the life of me understand WHY it's so hard to have the front dial on the RS2 to work in the same way as that RS1 Focus Wheel.
- Initial firmware AND an update and still can't be done - DJI says to use the focus wheel but that product was ergonomically the worst part about RS1.
- How hard can it be to be able to add a manual calibration option to determine the endpoints yourself?

Would appreciate any help from anyone having any success so far with either of the above.
Thanks
2020-11-27
Use props
djiuser_hIsBWaIkrHwC
New

Germany

Im using lenses with hard-stops and the auto-calibration almost ripped my camera and lens apart. The calibration didnt stop when the motor hit the hard stop on the lens. it just tried to keep going. needs to be fixed ASAP! i need to set A and B points on my hard-stop lenses or else this motor is absolutely useless and might cause damage to my lenses or my camera.
2020-11-27
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the Canon EOS R5, pressing record from the RavenEye section of the Ronin app fails to start recording on the camera. Is this being looked at?

Edit: This feature is working now.
2020-11-27
Use props
djiuser_D0sgAm6xL5jn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 379639 ft
United States

Thanks for the update
2020-11-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Moni Johnson Posted at 11-27 16:52
With the Canon EOS R5, pressing record from the RavenEye section of the Ronin app fails to start recording on the camera. Is this being looked at?

Hello there, thanks for your question on the RavenEye compatibility. Have you already set the HDMI display as 'camera+HDMI' when the Canon R5 is on video mode?
2020-11-30
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-30 00:48
Hello there, thanks for your question on the RavenEye compatibility. Have you already set the HDMI display as 'camera+HDMI' when the Canon R5 is on video mode?
Yes. It has nothing to do with display. Display works fine. I am referring only to initiating record from within the RavenEye section of the app.

Edit: This feature is working now.
2020-11-30
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

ogb Posted at 11-27 02:19
At least the new firmware seems to work. I'm able to get the camera picture on the LCD screen and to connect to the picture on the app.
It's a relief.
For those of you owning a BMPCC4K/6K (best cam in the world at the moment in my view....), I do understand that you are resenting the loss of the 12V port. But, in my opinion, for long shooting sessions in the field, we did experience th[view_image]at the BMPCC6K was draining the power of the gimbal very very fast.. Too fast.

Putting the batteries  on the RS2 is a great idea.  I've found if the wire is too heavy and it tugs on the camera, the gimbal will be dragged.  Can you list the steps on how you can mount an external battery to the side ports?  Preferably USB to charge the RS2 when the Raveneye is getting charged by the RS2 and it drains the battery like crazy?
2020-11-30
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

daniele.piattigmail.com Posted at 11-25 03:27

The RS2 recharges the Raveneye eating tons of battery.  Both ports that aren't RSS on the RS2 charge what it's connected to. : )

I was Livestreaming w/ it at Church and didn't know you can do this.  I had the long 10ft USB-C which was tugging on the camera making it not smooth.  Basically you can use the Focus motor port to tap into power if you Raveneye then just plug in the RS2 battery to a power bank and now everything is charging!
2020-11-30
Use props
fans7a8f1d57
New

Sweden

Hi, Do you meen that the we are going to be able to control focus via the "Focus remote control" that works for Inspire 1? Or is this some functionality via the app?
2020-12-2
Use props
MohammadTaqi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Kuwait

I'm a Fujifilm X-T4 user, When using the front dial for manually focusing my Fuji XF 16-55mm the focus range moves even when I remove my hands from the dial.
this does not happen when I use my Ronin-S with Focus Wheel.
I tried Focus wheel on the RS2 and got the same issue.

Please advice.
2020-12-2
Use props
djiuser_THe3LdNJlOEX
New
United States

RS2 Works for Canon M50 but not Canon M6 mark ii?? I have RS2 + Canon M6 markii with Raveneye but when I try to use it, either the camera freezes and/or the Raveneye display on my phone (Galaxy S10+) freezes after a minute or so. When will there be a firmware update for this?
2020-12-2
Use props
fanse69caee5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177438 ft

Canada

2020-12-10
Use props
ImproveWithJoe
lvl.2
United States

Why in the heck would DJI put out an update but not include compatibility for the newest camera out there... (The A7S III) - just seems like a complete oversight by DJI and honestly i'm at the point of frustration where I will NEVER buy DJI products again and will promote non-DJI products on various social medias.
2020-12-15
Use props
Grex
New
Flight distance : 83757 ft
Canada

steady_skies Posted at 11-26 02:22
Agree, this is a huge setback.... I can't believe they removed the 12V ports.

I agree with this as well. The original Ronin S had this functionality before. Not sure why it was removed.
2020-12-15
Use props
djiuser_2l2exoNlffqd
lvl.1
Germany

12v Power would be so important. I guess enabling that through software isn't possible? Can the RSA/NATO Mounts supply power? I haven0't found anything on how they work. That could be a possible workaround...
2020-12-17
Use props
Olegsolo63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 594521 ft
Canada

Was trying to get the record button to work with RS 2 (latest firmware) and our Canon C70 but the camera seems to simply freeze up and only way to restart it is by unplugging the battery... is there something I’m missing? I plug in the RSS port (top on ronin) into USB-c on the C70.
2020-12-20
Use props
C70User
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1404 ft
United Kingdom

Olegsolo63 Posted at 12-20 08:07
Was trying to get the record button to work with RS 2 (latest firmware) and our Canon C70 but the camera seems to simply freeze up and only way to restart it is by unplugging the battery... is there something I’m missing? I plug in the RSS port (top on ronin) into USB-c on the C70.

I had the same issue yesterday - firmware up to date on a brand new RS2, RSS port to UCB-c on the C70. It sort of works for a very short while (focus, record) and then completely freezes the C70 (needs hard reboot - i.e. remove the Canon's battery). I assume there's a bug which I hope will be ironed out in the next RS2 firmware release? But at the moment I can't connect the Canon C70 to the RS2.
2020-12-24
Use props
swh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9728 ft
United States

djiuser_THe3LdNJlOEX Posted at 12-2 12:44
RS2 Works for Canon M50 but not Canon M6 mark ii?? I have RS2 + Canon M6 markii with Raveneye but when I try to use it, either the camera freezes and/or the Raveneye display on my phone (Galaxy S10+) freezes after a minute or so. When will there be a firmware update for this?

Have you gotten an answer on this from anyone yet? Google returns nothing about the RS2 and the M6 MKII.
2020-12-28
Use props
Niwesa
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Had hoped the Olympus E-M 1 Mark 3 would be supported. But unfortunately still only 1080 30fps video.
2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_21RTimLTxLrw
lvl.1
Greece

Did the update RS2+ RavenEye successfully (brand new gimbal), got one 20 sec B-roll and then it got cranky. I powered it off-on and then no touchscreen, no motor functions but I am connected through the app and the battery is flashing ... e-mailed support

has anyone seen this before?

2021-1-1
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ogb Posted at 2020-11-27 02:19
At least the new firmware seems to work. I'm able to get the camera picture on the LCD screen and to connect to the picture on the app.
It's a relief.
For those of you owning a BMPCC4K/6K (best cam in the world at the moment in my view....), I do understand that you are resenting the loss of the 12V port. But, in my opinion, for long shooting sessions in the field, we did experience th[view_image]at the BMPCC6K was draining the power of the gimbal very very fast.. Too fast.

If you want to do it that way then you should just charge the RS2 battery while using it.
2021-1-5
Use props
saucepan
New

Japan

Hi, just bought the rs2 and raveneye - does not connect with the Sony FX6. Any idea when this will be fixed?
2021-1-14
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

saucepan Posted at 1-14 06:31
Hi, just bought the rs2 and raveneye - does not connect with the Sony FX6. Any idea when this will be fixed?

https://www.dji.com/at/support/compatibility
2021-1-14
Use props
Universeal
New

Romania

Can i disable the charging to the camera? The grip loses power a lot faster and how can i change the usb behavior because on my sony when i try take a photo the camera freezes until i unplug the type c cable from the camera and restart the camera but the picture is not saved, on video works good.
2021-1-14
Use props
chainsawproductions1.mac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297759 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are we going to be able to use a remote control for Gimbal? Also why can’t we use crystal sky’s? I read it’s compatible with Futaba? Why not DJI remotes? If Futaba is the only solution can you explain how to use it with the RS2??

Thx
2021-1-14
Use props
fans3de1796b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 869 ft
Canada

Still hoping for support to solve lag issue with RS2 and Master wheels!  I've done the obvious things like zeroing the smoothness and deadband but its still laggy, please any help would be greatly appreciated!!
2021-1-15
Use props
saucepan
New

Japan

Indio Posted at 1-14 08:05
https://www.dji.com/at/support/compatibility

I've already the list - the question was 'when' will the fx6 be added to the list?
2021-1-15
Use props
chainsawproductions1.mac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297759 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have an XT4. Has anyone been able to change shutter speed, Aperture or ISO from there iPhone through Raven eye? The firmware update says all this works. Am I missing something? I read that it only works with the gimbal on sleep. This does not work as the setting disappear when I put the gimbal to sleep.
2021-1-31
Use props
THS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43783 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep, I saw the RS3 promos today...showing a C70 on board.  
But check this out... the RS2 compatibility list now includes the C70.

WTF??  Has something changed in a new FW release? (I don't really want to unpack my RS2 and set everything up just to check the available FW).
2022-6-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules