64397 86 2020-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dale 68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I did a video last month trying to fly to a local waterfall, I did the same flight with my Phantom 3 advanced,( no video of that flight , I didn't press record) so I tried it with the Mini 2 taking off from the same spot. My Phantom made it but the Mini didn't. A bit disappointing, but still think the Mini 2 is a great little drone.

2022-1-23
Use props
-Gunter-
lvl.2
Flight distance : 353077 ft
Japan

Just reading the replies on my post - it might be different for you but guys: Make sure you have checked your phone's USB-C port (if Android). For the the port gradually gave up the ghost. Once I changed the phone it worked. I ordered a spare part for my - now old - phone and it also started to work again with the remote controller.
2022-1-23
Use props
viniciusclt
New
Flight distance : 92470 ft
Brazil

Same thing here. It started on the 11th of December. Even close, the RC loses signal and gets back several times.
2022-1-24
Use props
djiuser_Q3NuIMP6kUJN
New

Mauritius

Hello im facing a problem with my dji mini se. In wifi environment the drone and rc disconnect for several time and also i got a many lag in my screen when flying. I dont have 5.8ghz on the app. Any solution for these problem thanks
2022-3-4
Use props
kosder1908
New

Greece

Hello,

Recently I bought dji mini 2 and in some flights I can observe that the signal is lost for 1-2 seconds and then everything is ok. I have in flight mode my mobile phone and wifi disabled...What really happens?

Thank you,
Kostas
2022-4-10
Use props
djiuser_YVHTMUZQPic5
lvl.1
New Zealand

For me my  mini 2 I turn on location,then app says turn on bluetooth doesnt say anything about airplane mode at all.So do i turn off bluetooth,and have airplane mode on with location on
2022-4-30
Use props
fabiofabris
lvl.1

Brazil

Hi all!

I've experienced several issues described here: Mini 2 suddenly losing connection with RC when flying very close, without obstacles and updated firmware. Connection sometimes eventually returns, but flaky.

What seems to have worked for me was to change the Transmission frequency from "dual-band" to 2.4GHz. To do that, select the 3 dots on the top right corner of the flying screen, select the tab transmission and under Frequency, select 2.4Ghz.

I'm suspecting that the latest firmware update messed up the dual-band implementation of the drone, causing connection issues.

I hope this helps someone.

Cheers

2022-6-12
Use props
fans8489d44d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1010446 ft
Italy

Same issue today on my mini 2. App 1.5.10   firmware 1.0.3.  Rc signal lost after press recording on first takeoff, then RTH  at same altitude ....
After many tests I have found that there are no issues if not start recording.   If press recording after takeoff, drone loose connection after 10 seconds
2022-7-10
Use props
fans8489d44d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1010446 ft
Italy

SOLVED !!!!!
I have found the culprit.  it was the SD card!  changed the card no more disconnections occurred.
2022-7-12
Use props
djiuser_3ClL1uaZjuF6
New

Philippines

My mavic mini 2 drops to orange with 2 bars for rc connection at 70m distance with perfect line of sight. Tried to reset a couple of times, no luck still. Any advice
2022-7-14
Use props
djiuser_avgz2LxL0BwD
New
Flight distance : 367910 ft
Taiwan

It's a little concerning that this problem is so common.  I updated my firmware a few months ago, for the first time.  Since then, I've had the same problems, signal loss after around 50 metres and no fun with flying.  Online support told me to check obstacles between the controller and the drone, which I have done.  After that, I asked how to reset the firmware, they told me to install the desktop application.  That only reset the firmware on the drone to v1.05 and that didn't fix the problem.  I just tried using a different cable with an iphone (I was using an android before) and this didn't help.  Support told me to send it off to them, but I am outside of warranty and I will go on holiday in a week, so I would rather not.  I will try changing the frequency bands and turning off flight mode, but I don't think that will do much.  Does anyone have any advice or know how to reset all firmware to v1.0?
2022-8-14
Use props
Forza Detroit
New
Flight distance : 62736 ft
United States

djiuser_avgz2LxL0BwD Posted at 8-14 02:38
It's a little concerning that this problem is so common.  I updated my firmware a few months ago, for the first time.  Since then, I've had the same problems, signal loss after around 50 metres and no fun with flying.  Online support told me to check obstacles between the controller and the drone, which I have done.  After that, I asked how to reset the firmware, they told me to install the desktop application.  That only reset the firmware on the drone to v1.05 and that didn't fix the problem.  I just tried using a different cable with an iphone (I was using an android before) and this didn't help.  Support told me to send it off to them, but I am outside of warranty and I will go on holiday in a week, so I would rather not.  I will try changing the frequency bands and turning off flight mode, but I don't think that will do much.  Does anyone have any advice or know how to reset all firmware to v1.0?

I encountered the same issue today. Took off, and i think i hit record as it was ascending (or just before). It rose about 6 feet and then lost signal and started the RTH sequence. I was able to regain control shortly after and cancel the RTH and was able to fly without issue. This is the second time in 4 flights I've had this happen. The last time I was 125 feet in the air so that was an "oh crap" moment when it disconnected.  It was pretty close into the flight when I started recording. At first i thought it was because my AT&T went from 5GH to LTE but after reading about some people flying in airplane mode, I'm guessing thats not the case. The only other thing I could think of is the SD card was nearing full capacity (which it ultimately did during the last flight). Just though I'd add my experience so we can figure out what exactly is wrong. All of my firmware is up to date.
2022-9-3
Use props
Nesha
New

Serbia

viniciusclt Posted at 1-24 09:55
Same thing here. It started on the 11th of December. Even close, the RC loses signal and gets back several times.
[view_image]

Can you tell me how did you get this information ?
2022-9-15
Use props
Nesha
New

Serbia

Forza Detroit Posted at 9-3 10:38
I encountered the same issue today. Took off, and i think i hit record as it was ascending (or just before). It rose about 6 feet and then lost signal and started the RTH sequence. I was able to regain control shortly after and cancel the RTH and was able to fly without issue. This is the second time in 4 flights I've had this happen. The last time I was 125 feet in the air so that was an "oh crap" moment when it disconnected.  It was pretty close into the flight when I started recording. At first i thought it was because my AT&T went from 5GH to LTE but after reading about some people flying in airplane mode, I'm guessing thats not the case. The only other thing I could think of is the SD card was nearing full capacity (which it ultimately did during the last flight). Just though I'd add my experience so we can figure out what exactly is wrong. All of my firmware is up to date.

I live in small Town/Village and my range isnt higher then 500m..
I went to the woods and my max range was about 2 km...
Then i went to Village side and i have flown to the town and for about 1 km i had perfect signal..

Today i lost signal to the Mini 2 and found drone in a bush it fell from 30m and only 1 blade got a bit hurt..
I looked and it says it can be a bad cable or bad phone port or bad / full sd card...

I'm probably making some rookie mistakes as i got drone for about a week now...
On phone i have Wifi,celullar,location turned on I havent tried it in Airplane Mode..
Also i will try it with iphone to confirm is my android phone port bad or no...

Have you maybe solved this issue ?
2022-9-15
Use props
shogun
New

Philippines

Hi all,

Had the same problem with my mini 2 after firmware upgrade.  RC signal was intermittent even at 20 m distance and sometimes disconnects completely with the drone triggering RTH.  Screen blacks out and RC indicator is red.  Scary.  Tried changing phone from iPhone to android, also changed connectors and disabled Wi-Fi and Bluetooth but the problem persisted.  The solution that worked for me was changing the transmission frequency from "dual" to 2.4GHz.  The RC signal remained stable and allowed me to fly 500m plus without signal degradation.   
2022-10-11
Use props
shogun
New

Philippines

fabiofabris Posted at 6-12 15:46
Hi all!

I've experienced several issues described here: Mini 2 suddenly losing connection with RC when flying very close, without obstacles and updated firmware. Connection sometimes eventually returns, but flaky.

Thanks for sharing.  Your solution worked for me.
2022-10-11
Use props
djiuser_QEH1U3FztcBE
New
Martinique

Hi all. Same here. All was working well but the past few days mini 2 loses signal at 70mtrs and tells me to adjust the antennas which of course are already  pointing to the drone in flight...... Why all of a sudden and was a bug introduced in one of the latest firmwares?????

2022-12-8
Use props
Paulo Gonçalves
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150128 ft
Brazil

shogun Posted at 10-11 03:10
Thanks for sharing.  Your solution worked for me.

Work here too...
But.. If it's a factory problem, why don't they replace it?
I have to change the frequency every f***ing time.. And, obviously, the range is smaller than normal..
Mini 2 need a recall..
2022-12-21
Use props
Lton85
lvl.3
Flight distance : 836752 ft
Brazil

fans8489d44d Posted at 7-12 10:52
SOLVED !!!!!
I have found the culprit.  it was the SD card!  changed the card no more disconnections occurred.

I'm having a connection loss problem, it seems that it happens the same as you described, when I take off and start a recording, however if I keep the drone in motion it records normally! what card were you using?
2022-12-26
Use props
Matheus Villela
lvl.1
Flight distance : 565292 ft
Brazil

Same issue but on Mavic 2 Pro. “Aircraft disconnected” and “Adjust antenna” message error appearing all the time, just when the drone take off.
2023-1-12
Use props
Keng of the World
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177388 ft
United States

I have not encountered any problems with the Mini 2 for the first 6 months of operation, but after sometime I started getting disconnected a lot, to the point that I left it on the shelf because I already had doubts about its reliability. Then I read more about the frequencies.

For most of us, we usually leave it on dual-band and let the drone pick the optimum freq. After testing it though, I get disconnected when the signal switches to 5.8. GHz even when it's just 10 meters in front, 10 meters high. When I manually set it to 2.4 Ghz on the next flight, I got to 1km again. Imagine my joy! Going on a road trip this weekend and I'll test this out again. Crossing my fingers that it would be a real fix.
EDIT:

Took some screenshots for reference.

As you can see below, RC signal only dropped when it reached 600m and 800m, but I didn't get any weak signal or transmission warning.

IMG_2213.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

On the other hand, going back to dual-band almost immediately prompted that signal was lost or weak. And see how close the drone was to the remote. 2m high, 2m in front.

IMG_2216.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg
2023-1-26
Use props
djiuser_P3gAU6bmN28k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3502592 ft

Brazil

I experienced the same problem after the last upgrade. The drone looses the signal every time even 1 to 2 metes of distance if the control. Waiting for a firmware correction
2023-1-26
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74859 ft
Brazil

gmoses Posted at 2021-5-24 05:10
I am also having this same problem. I have updated the firmware to the latest version and for the last 4 flights (different locations) the RC and the Mavic Mini 2 lost complete connection only a few meters high in the air in front of me.  The controller antenna is facing directly at the drone for optimal connection as the drone is still very closeby.  The drone will begin RTH sequence and then regain connection, once connected again it does not have any further problems during the flight. Although it regains connection this is very concerning and I am always worried there will be problems on each flight. Any suggestions? It is hard to enjoy the full drone experience with fear of losing connection.

This problem is a chronic problem of DJI MINI 1, MINI 2 and MINI 3. (ALL HAVE THIS DEFECT)
I was a victim of "this" defective firmware.
It actually works like this: Dones 1, 2 and 3 DO NOT have a cooling fan. If the update takes a long time, more than 8 minutes, it may cause the 5.8 GHZ chipset to burn out.
This information should be mentioned in the equipment manual and even in the DJI FLY informing to perform the firmware update ONLY on cold days or in places with a lot of ventilation.
Even recommending the use of mechanical fans to help cool the equipment during the update.

This amateur mistake (hidden defect) should be treated with respect to the customer (BUT DJI wouldn't deny the roots of Chinese products right). If you search the internet, you will see MANY people reporting the same defect. DJI Forum, MAVIC PILOTS Forum, Youtube.
Just put "DJI 5.8 GHZ stop work or weak signal" and you will see several complaints.

I bought my drone at BESTBUY in Canada in November 2022 and I came to Brazil. I received the update 01.06.0200 and performed the update in the living room at home. Since then, the 5.8 GHZ has never worked again.

It is absurd for a product to be sold with such a basic error that a simple message on DJI FLY would solve it or better alert it.
I am very disappointed with the quality of DJI products and the lack of support.
It explains why the guarantee is not global and makes Chinese products famous!!! It's explained
DJI NEVER AGAIN!!!
2023-2-28
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74859 ft
Brazil

fansa1c10b26 Posted at 2022-1-19 01:35
Dear All ,
I think this is common issue for all of us having DJI mini 2 . I have same issue of loosing signal for no valid reason . I tried all means as I am flying drones since very long time and aware of technical part of it . It gives an error code 80003 and message ‘ adjust your antenna’ which you can never do . Adjustment  of antenna is just not possible !
I stopped using this unreliable model and waiting if any solution DJI comes up with . I think this is a hardware issue and can’t be solved with software .

This problem is a chronic problem of DJI MINI 1, MINI 2 and MINI 3. (ALL HAVE THIS DEFECT)
I was a victim of "this" defective firmware.
It actually works like this: Dones 1, 2 and 3 DO NOT have a cooling fan. If the update takes a long time, more than 8 minutes, it may cause the 5.8 GHZ chipset to burn out.
This information should be mentioned in the equipment manual and even in the DJI FLY informing to perform the firmware update ONLY on cold days or in places with a lot of ventilation.
Even recommending the use of mechanical fans to help cool the equipment during the update.
In Brazil some companies manage to change this chipset. DJI's recommendation (support) is to change the coreboard (motherboard.) and then they going to put it and charge R$ 1,400.00 for the change coreboard here in Brazil.
This amateur mistake (hidden defect) should be treated with respect to the customer (BUT DJI wouldn't deny the roots of Chinese products right). If you search the internet, you will see MANY people reporting the same defect. DJI Forum, MAVIC PILOTS Forum, Youtube.
Just put "DJI 5.8 GHZ stop work or weak signal" and you will see several complaints.

I bought my drone at BESTBUY in Canada in November 2022 and I came to Brazil. I received the update 01.06.0200 and performed the update in the living room at home. Since then, the 5.8 GHZ has never worked again.
I opened a call at DJI Brasil and they informed me that I should send my drone to Canada for analysis and forwarded my call to DJI Los Angeles.
Since then I had been exchanging messages with DUKE (Employee of the DJI support team) and he suggested that I update the firmware again. I had already done it twice to try to solve it but I did it for the third time and guess what? Same thing!

Then I exchanged emails with Sherry (DJI Technical Support) who recommended that I send the drone for analysis and that I would need to pay the costs. I asked then if they would not sell me the core board and she said no and that only the DJI can repair it (to charge dearly for a defect they caused!!)

It is absurd for a product to be sold with such a basic error that a simple message on DJI FLY would solve it or better alert it.
I am very disappointed with the quality of DJI products and the lack of support.
It explains why the guarantee is not global and makes Chinese products famous!!! It's explained because their Action Cam will NEVER be a GOPRO!!!
DJI NEVER AGAIN!!!
2023-2-28
Use props
Liptux
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1024 ft
Germany

From what I can tell I've the same issue.
Bought the drone 2 weeks ago and updated before the first flight. Just tested it right in front of me. Today I tried to fly in my garden and ..... lost connection. Unfortunately, the drone didn't returned to the home place but instandly crashed into neighbours garden hut
Know the gimbal is broken ;(

What can I do next?
Opening a customer ticket or return the drone at the reseller (located in germany)?

PS: Just seen that the subsection in the forum is for the mavic not the mini ... sorry
But the problem is still the same ...
2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Liptux Posted at 3-2 13:06
From what I can tell I've the same issue.
Bought the drone 2 weeks ago and updated before the first flight. Just tested it right in front of me. Today I tried to fly in my garden and ..... lost connection. Unfortunately, the drone didn't returned to the home place but instandly crashed into neighbours garden hut  
Know the gimbal is broken ;(

Hi there, we are sorry to know about the accident. We recommend that you start a case through the link below and send the drone in for diagnosis and repair. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-3-2
Use props
Liptux
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1024 ft
United States

Thanks - I've started the replacement process.
2023-3-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Liptux Posted at 3-3 00:11
Thanks - I've started the replacement process.

You're welcome. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2023-3-3
Use props
djiuser_OnMoPXCxpF5o
lvl.1
Croatia

Just an example it work great signal wise, it is a CE mod.
Screenshot_20230408_111430.jpg
2023-4-8
Use props
djiuser_y7yaMMulAjoV
New
Canada

I’m having the exact same issue. First 20 flights were flawless great range and transmission. Now I lose signal at around 30m. Even lose signal sometimes when drone is only about 5m away. It’s a complete loss of signal controller starts to flash and RTH is initiated automatically. Very disappointed as this is my first drone and is only 3 weeks old. I expected much better quality from DJI. Is there a fix for this issue or is a warranty claim required?
2023-4-9
Use props
Naji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10295 ft

United Arab Emirates

Hey everyone!

Help please. i have purchased a DJI mini 2 from a colleague. did all the tests and checked his flight logs before buying looking for any previous problems but everything seemed okay.
The drone at the time has flown only 10 minutes in total so its still brand new. after i bought it i made sure i do all the updates for the drone, RC and batteries. then i on my first flight, did all the needed calibrations, set a RTH point and strated my flight, around 100 M away, weak signal transmission message popped up and then immediatly RC disconnected and screen on my phone went to grey. tried again in all different places and the problem kept happening even at a 5M high and as close as 2 meters distance. tried flying without the SD card but still same problem persisted. please advise if the problem is fixable or i should just throw away the drone.
Honestly, my first DJI drone and im extremly disappointed with a product that should have been market leader.

Thank you in advance!
2023-4-23
Use props
UserD
lvl.1

Brazil

fabiofabris Posted at 2022-6-12 15:46
Hi all!

Obrigado pelo comentário, amigo.
Testei deixar só no 5.8 e tbm não funciona, só no 2.4 msm. Como uma empresa do calibre da DJI deixa passar uns bugs assim...
2023-6-3
Use props
djiuser_gH4zvh03TVAT
New

United Kingdom

I got the DJI mini 2 combo before the mini 3 came out and it worked perfect the signal was very good I could fly it 3-4 miles away till signal was bad.

But when the mini 3 came out my mini 2 wanted to update so I did… since the update my mini 2 keeps losing signal in the same places I flew it and loses signal at 10 feet away from the drone.

DJI have put a virus in the update for it to stop working probably and lose signal so it makes you buy their new mini drones 3 and 4
2023-10-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_gH4zvh03TVAT Posted at 10-5 03:08
DJI have put a virus in the update for it to stop working probably and lose signal so it makes you buy their new mini drones 3 and 4

What an absolutely ridiculous statement to make, it reminds me of something an infant would say.

Thanks for the roflmao.

2023-10-5
Use props
djiuser_gH4zvh03TVAT
New

United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-5 03:26
What an absolutely ridiculous statement to make, it reminds me of something an infant would say.

Thanks for the roflmao.
Funny how my mini 2 had no signal problems and could fly far easily…
After the update it can’t fly 10 feet without keeping signal.

You’re a moron
2023-10-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_gH4zvh03TVAT Posted at 10-5 12:17
Funny how my mini 2 had no signal problems and could fly far easily…
After the update it can’t fly 10 feet without keeping signal.

Coming from you that is a compliment.
2023-10-5
Use props
djiuser_gH4zvh03TVAT
New

United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-5 12:30
Coming from you that is a compliment.
Ok Sean it’s your time to shine… tell me what could it be? Why is my drone losing signal in the same places I flew it where I had no signal problems? I’ve never crashed my drone.

My mini 2 was able to fly upto 4 miles till I got signal problems but when the mini 3 came out my mini 2 was required an update and literally after this update my mini 2 keeps losing signal… I can’t even fly it without signal problems and also explain why is my mini 2 drone losing signal when I’m 10 feet away from it?

I brought the mini 2 maybe 6 months before mini 3 came out and I flew the mini 2 3 times aweek with no signal issues.

Why would the mini 2 need an update? It’s programmed with where it can and cannot fly zones.

Can you actually tell me a reason why it would do this because we all would love to hear your idea.
2023-10-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why would I waste my time offering possible reasons to you?
Try educating yourself and do some reading of other threads rather making such idiotic statements as " DJI have put a virus in the update for it to stop working........ ".
If they wanted to 'infect' a drone, to force redundancy on older models, why wouldn't a Mavic Mini cease to work correctly after the release of the Mini 2, or a  Mini 2 after the release of the Mini 3 Pro, or, for that matter, any other model that has been superseded?
2023-10-6
Use props
djiuser_gH4zvh03TVAT
New

United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-6 02:36
Why would I waste my time offering possible reasons to you?
Try educating yourself and do some reading of other threads rather making such idiotic statements as " DJI have put a virus in the update for it to stop working........ ".
If they wanted to 'infect' a drone, to force redundancy on older models, why wouldn't a Mavic Mini cease to work correctly after the release of the Mini 2, or a  Mini 2 after the release of the Mini 3 Pro, or, for that matter, any other model that has been superseded?
Aww you can’t explain as to why my mini 2 keep losing signal after the update lol I’ve read up loads of people are having the same issue but they haven’t realised it was the update.

It literally stopped working how it did after  the update you fool.
2023-10-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I bow to your indisputable wisdom and knowledge.  
I could offer reasons, that have nothing to do with your postulation, but I don't think you are worth the time, besides this is a laugh.
Any more humour in your repertoire?
2023-10-6
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules