872 4 2020-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I went to charge my three batteries last night for a job today. Two went well, the other is completely dead. NO lights at all. After sitting on charger over night, same thing.

Bad battery or is there a fix?
2020-11-25
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Is the battery bloated? If so, something may have short circuited inside the battery that's preventing it from accepting a charge; bloated batteries should be properly disposed of.
2020-11-25
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 11-25 07:39
Is the battery bloated? If so, something may have short circuited inside the battery that's preventing it from accepting a charge; bloated batteries should be properly disposed of.

No, not bloated. I just used the battery about 2 weeks ago. I did leave it in the drone. Battery and M2P only about 2 months old.
2020-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TheLazyC. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the intelligent flight batteries of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Battery lifespan and condition of the battery will depend on the totality of how it was used and stored. Hoping for your kind understanding that every electronic product and batteries has a certain warranty period and lifespan. In addition, battery swelling is basically caused by to much heat, vast changes in temperature and/or moisture getting into the battery itself. For reference I will post a link where in you can see the DJI Mavic 2 Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines. Again I am sorry and thank you for understanding.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_EN.pdf
2020-11-25
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

TheLazyC Posted at 11-25 19:20
No, not bloated. I just used the battery about 2 weeks ago. I did leave it in the drone. Battery and M2P only about 2 months old.

Good, sounds like you have some warranty coverage, open a support ticket to get it replaced.

FYI: Batteries can actually bloat and then return to normal size after some time passing which you might not notice, especially if the bloating is minimal. Still, any bloating could cause disruption in battery operation and shouldn't be used  -- of course, in your case it can't be used.

2020-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules