Shooting in Cold Environment
2424 4 2020-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MuhlisG
lvl.4

Turkey

Hi,

The winter is coming, while sitting in the home, I thought would it be possible to shoot snowing timelapse (if it snows). I'm planning to shoot snow timelapse for a few hours outside (generally when it snow, the temperature between 0-2C). Will it damage the camera? What precautions can I take? The manual allows down to 0C operating temperature.

I don't think to shoot from the inside (from the windows) because it will just ruin the shot.

Thanks for the help.
2020-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MuhlisG. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. DJI highly recommend using the DJI Osmo Pocket in the recommended temperature to maximize the usage of your DJI Osmo Pocket and to avoid any unnecessary behavior with the said unit. The DJI Osmo Pocket's operating temperature is at 0° to 40° C ( 32° to 104° F ). Thank you and happy filming always.
2020-11-25
Use props
MuhlisG
lvl.4

Turkey

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-25 20:01
Hello there MuhlisG. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. DJI highly recommend using the DJI Osmo Pocket in the recommended temperature to maximize the usage of your DJI Osmo Pocket and to avoid any unnecessary behavior with the said unit. The DJI Osmo Pocket's operating temperature is at 0° to 40° C ( 32° to 104° F ). Thank you and happy filming always.

Thanks for the informative answer
2020-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

MuhlisG Posted at 11-25 21:33
Thanks for the informative answer

Hi there MuhlisG. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy filming always. .
2020-11-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used the OP for an outdoor timelapse when the temp was -2C.  Didn't hurt the camera but the battery didn't last as long in that cold weather.
2020-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules