Gimbal problem
1373 21 2020-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rooller71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 750935 ft
Hungary

I need help!! A MI need help! I changed the mini to MA2. Original new! First three batteries are no problem. Everything is perfect! A new flight will be missed in a week and this ongoing problem has occurred! At home, I took a closer look at the gimbal and noticed that there was a small round sticker left on the back. I removed and did a gimbal calibration. Unfortunately I haven't been able to try since. Maybe these days you will succeed! My question is, can this little sticker cause such a problem ?? Thank you in advance for your help!!
2020-11-25
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Yes, it can.  However, I am now having this issue with no sticker.  Your experience may be different.  I have not yet had the chance to do all the remediation to see if its fixable or not.

see also https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D757%26typeid%3D757

2020-11-25
Use props
fans01d4f09b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435049 ft
United States

if you search gimbal overload or problems for MA2 this is pretty common by now. I'm going to wager you saw an overload warning more than once on the fly app.

The remedy is send it in, your video is enough to send to DJI Support to start the RMA. Don't quote me but no sticker removal will help.
2020-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there rooller71. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know if you are receiving and error messages on the DJI Fly application and before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to your DJI Mavic Air 2? Thank you.  
2020-11-25
Use props
rooller71
lvl.4
Hungary

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-25 20:13
Hello there rooller71. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know if you are receiving and error messages on the DJI Fly application and before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to your DJI Mavic Air 2? Thank you.

Error message nothing! No hard landing or crashing! I can say I'm an experienced pilot. I had a lot of machines and had never experienced one before! I’m pretty sad to come across such a problem with such an expensive new machine and I’m likely going to use warranty repair!
2020-11-25
Use props
rooller71
lvl.4
Hungary

Már a szállítás során a holland DJI szervizhez tesztelésre!
2020-11-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

rooller71 Posted at 11-25 23:53
Error message nothing! No hard landing or crashing! I can say I'm an experienced pilot. I had a lot of machines and had never experienced one before! I’m pretty sad to come across such a problem with such an expensive new machine and I’m likely going to use warranty repair!

Hi there rooller71. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. Since this issue is still happening. I would recommended for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assessment of the said DJI drone. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-11-30
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Yes, the sticker can throw off the weight balance calibration and movement of the gimble.  They are incredibly sensitive.  I got an overload error and balance issue due to a small single blade grass stuck in the gimble.  It must have gotten in there during takeoff and about 2 minutes later I got the Gimble Overload and auto RTH.  After removing the blade the error kept occurring and I packed up and went home.  About an hour later I restarted the Air 2 and flew it with no issue.  I do not know if the down time helped or if it was the removal of the battery while it was recharging.  

Best of luck resolving your issue.
2020-11-30
Use props
rooller71
lvl.4
Hungary

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-30 09:14
Yes, the sticker can throw off the weight balance calibration and movement of the gimble.  They are incredibly sensitive.  I got an overload error and balance issue due to a small single blade grass stuck in the gimble.  It must have gotten in there during takeoff and about 2 minutes later I got the Gimble Overload and auto RTH.  After removing the blade the error kept occurring and I packed up and went home.  About an hour later I restarted the Air 2 and flew it with no issue.  I do not know if the down time helped or if it was the removal of the battery while it was recharging.  

Best of luck resolving your issue.

I removed the sticker and was able to try again in four days. Unfortunately, the error persisted the same way! I never received a warning! The warranty is being used!   

Thank you for the good wishes!                                 
2020-12-2
Use props
itsdavesdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I know the exact sticker you are talking about because like you I forgot to take it off because it was well hidden. I found it later once I put an Nd filter on. But I never had any issues with my gimbal. The sticker itself is tiny and didn’t obstruct anything just covered the back slightly. This issue isn’t normal. Was it very windy perhaps? Does it happen often? If so I would contact DJI because it doesn’t look normal. I have never had that happen to me.
2020-12-2
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Maybe you should try reinstalling the firmware on the Mavic Air 2 using the DJI Assistant 2 before sending it in for repair.

And yes that sticker is hard to see and small. I agree it probably would have no impact on the balance and movement of the gimble.
2020-12-2
Use props
fans01d4f09b
lvl.4
United States

There is no harm in reinstalling the firmware, but neither have I seen 1 single case of it resolving anything.

Myself included whereupon after upgrading, downgrading etc firmware I just ended up with no display from the camera!
2020-12-2
Use props
rooller71
lvl.4
Hungary

Thanks for the help! This is probably a hardware issue and has already been sent back to Dji for review! Brand new MA2 with 40 minutes flight when the problem occurred! Remalem guarantee will solve!
2020-12-2
Use props
fans01d4f09b
lvl.4
United States

Double post.
2020-12-2
Use props
fans1c25e6d1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 226198 ft
Indonesia

I just bought an MA2 and just flew 3 times and flew the fourth one, I just experienced the same thing, on my cellphone screen there was a gimbal overload notification, and the video was rocking, then I landed it, calibrated the gimbal, turned it off, and I then I Try flying again, and I didn't find any problems with the gimbal again, but I can't guarantee that the problem with the gimbal will come again in the future, what should I do?
Gimbal Overload dji Mavic Air 2

https://youtu.be/VuQdtV7pNtU

2020-12-6
Use props
fans01d4f09b
lvl.4
United States

fans1c25e6d1 Posted at 12-6 17:02
I just bought an MA2 and just flew 3 times and flew the fourth one, I just experienced the same thing, on my cellphone screen there was a gimbal overload notification, and the video was rocking, then I landed it, calibrated the gimbal, turned it off, and I then I Try flying again, and I didn't find any problems with the gimbal again, but I can't guarantee that the problem with the gimbal will come again in the future, what should I do?
Gimbal Overload dji Mavic Air 2

Just use this video and start a warranty repair request.

In my mind, they should NOT need 100% error reproduction to start a replacement.

In my case if you are high enough (~100m up) and do a 360 panorama, it will be easier to reproduce.
2020-12-6
Use props
yanto26619
lvl.2
Flight distance : 226198 ft
Indonesia

fans01d4f09b Posted at 12-6 18:33
Just use this video and start a warranty repair request.

In my mind, they should NOT need 100% error reproduction to start a replacement.

Thank you, I will contact DJI support and send the video, because Mavic Air 2 products are not supported by DJI Care Refresh facilities, I will ask for the best solution for my drone,
2020-12-6
Use props
djiuser_O9tICle2og94
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26975 ft
United Kingdom

I have experienced this exact issue, in all modes with little to no wind. I have reinstalled firmware and done several recalibrations but nothing fixes it. The only thing I have noticed but it could be coincidence is that it only starts after about 3-4 minutes of flying, the issue does not present on the first two or three movements.
I also notice that the drone blade noise changes as it happens, like it is trying to over-compensate for coming to a stop even from very slow speed. For some reason I feel the issue is with the aircraft over-reacting to coming to a stop rather than the gimbal acting erratically.
My final observation is, with drone in hand, if I manually manipulate the drone to simulate its movements (while powered on but not flying) the gimbal does seem to 'knock' against the top mounting, as though its beyond the limits of the rubber mountings. I am mindful that there's not much science to this 'test' though.
I have contacted DJI who are suggesting my only solution is to return it DOA (less that 14 days old) and get a replacement. What's my chances this will be before Christmas?
2020-12-7
Use props
rooller71
lvl.4
Hungary

My machine sent for warranty repair has returned! I got a completely new machine with original packaging! I hope this will be problem free! Thanks to all my pilot friends for the help and the attached posts !!!
2020-12-21
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

rooller71 Posted at 12-21 03:45
My machine sent for warranty repair has returned! I got a completely new machine with original packaging! I hope this will be problem free! Thanks to all my pilot friends for the help and the attached posts !!!

How many days did it take to send it to DJI and get it back?

I hope your new MA2 works perfectly.  Please keep us posted.
2020-12-21
Use props
rooller71
lvl.4
Hungary

The Duck Posted at 12-21 17:30
How many days did it take to send it to DJI and get it back?

I hope your new MA2 works perfectly.  Please keep us posted.

It took me five weeks from start to finish. If I tested with at least five batteries then I will give feedback! I would say that when I took the drone out of the new packaging, the gimbal protector lay separately under the machine! That is, it was not in place! I wasn’t very happy about it, but I hope it didn’t cause a problem! Merry Christmas !!
javitás.JPG
2020-12-22
Use props
johandieter
New

Suriname

Hi guys i have a camera problem with my mavic air 2 the camera is constantly shaking left right what can be the problem? Even if i put the drone on the ground
2022-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules