Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Not Happy With DJI
770 1 2020-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IMNdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Over the last 5 years I have purchased Phantom 4, Mavic Pro, Mavic 2, Inspire 2, Zenmuze 5, Ronin S, and Osmo+ products as well as extra chargers, batteries, and accessories for them. Most directly from DJI.

I recently purcased a Ronin MX refurbished direct from DJI. It took a couple of months to get it due to delays they say are related to pandemic despite saying it was in-stock when ordered. When it did finally arrive I opened the box and immediately found the batteries and charger. I always charge batteries before using whether a cell phone, cordless hand tool, camera, etc.

The batteries would not charge. It came with two and neither would charge.

Obviously without batteries the Ronin MX is a paperweight. So I didn't even assemble it.

I contacted DJI and told them that neither of the two batteries shipped with the refurbished Ronin MX would charge. They told me I had to send them back for replacement. They would not ship me batteries with a return shipment so I could use the same box etc.

I had a job that I purchased the Ronin MX for and I could not wait to send them back and get return batteries.

So I had to purcase two new batteries.

When they arrived both of the batteries charged fine as expected using the same charger that came with the Ronin MX but failed to charge the supplied batteries. So it wasn't the charger.

I used the boxes the new batteries came in to ship the defective ones back to DJI.

Yesterday I received a message from DJI regarding my case saying that unfortunately due they would not be able to honor the warranty and I would have to purchase two new batteries.

I am just livid. I have many cameras and electronic items. I own a technology company. I have multiple DJI products. All of them have batteries and chargers. The batteries they sent me with the product would not charge directly out of the box rendering the MX useless. I had to go to extra out-of-pocket expense to purchase two additional batteries. Then they refuse to replace the defective ones they sent me?

This is unacceptable and a horrible way to treat a good customer who has purchased tens of thousands of dollars worth of product.

So buyer beware. This is the first out-of-box or warranty issue I have had with DJI and they refused to stand behind their product. If you can find an alternative to their product do so. Do not trust DJI.

They can do whatever they want and you will have no recourse. They will gladly take your money but don't care that you depend on their products. They don't have a clue how to support professionals or treat customers.

What they should have done is told me they were sorry their non-existant quality control shipped me defective batteries rendering the tool useless. They should have said we will overnight you two replacement batteries and include in the box a return label so you can just hand it to the carrier while they are there to return the defective batteries.

Instead they said send them in and in a couple of weeks we will get around to letting you know if we are going to replace them. Go buy more at your expense. Print the label yourself. Take it down to the carrier and drop it off.

Everything on me for their mistake, their defective product, no ownership, no understanding people buy this gear to use in work.

Canon, Olympus and other companies who support professional content creators provide professional support. DJI does not. Don't buy their products unless there is no alternative. Even then try to find a different way to get the shot. Tell others not to buy their products.

Maybe then they will learn how to treat customers. Especially professionals who purchase their products as tools.
2020-11-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We're truly sorry to read your frustrations about your ongoing case. I managed to pull up your case using your Forum Account and we will do our best to help you in seeking the attention of the higher level team for further assistance. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2020-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules