Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tello for my Grandson
2280 3 2020-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Patek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16342 ft
United States

Hello All,

I have a Mavic Mini and I'm thinking of getting a Tello for my grandson for Christmas, so I have a couple questions.

1.  I downloaded the users manual for the Tello and noticed it doesn't have a remote control, is this true?  Which is to say you fly the app using your phone only, yes?

2.  What is the range for a Tello?

3.  How much flight time to you get for each battery charging?

4.  If I decided not to get the Tello, does anyone have recommendations for a beginners drone that has a remote control.  Eventually I want him to be able to fly a Mini, but he needs a learner/toy type drone to play with for now.

Thanks for you time,
Ken

2020-11-25
Use props
Cavu Films
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Correct it does not come with a controller, phone only operation with the Tello App. I think this is a great option for your grandson to learn on. I think once he has the confidence with this drone he can easily move onto the more advanced DJI lineup. Good luck and

Max Flight Time is 13min at 0 wind at a consistent 9mph speed so the range will not be anything you will find on the Mini series. I'd say its safe for flying around a park or football field.

Here is a link to the optional controller that works with the Tello.

https://store.dji.com/product/ga ... mEubpRoC-tMQAvD_BwE
2020-11-25
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Dear,
In respect to your questions, the answers are as belows.
1.  I downloaded the users manual for the Tello and noticed it doesn't have a remote control, is this true?  Which is to say you fly the app using your phone only, yes?
--Tello can be controlled by Tello APP. RYZE didn't publish official controller yet, for third-party controllers, it is more recommended GameSir T1D, which is customized for tello. Besides, Gamevice is also compatible, but only for IOS devices.

2.  What is the range for a Tello?
--Maximum flight height is 30m and maximum flight  distance is 100m.

3.  How much flight time to you get for each battery charging?
--Maximum flight time is 13 minutes.

Hope my reply could help you.
2020-11-25
Use props
Patek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16342 ft
United States

Thanks All,

I really like DJI products, but I want him to get used to using a controller, so I'll be looking for another drone for him.  Any suggestions?
Ken
2020-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules