First mini2 distance test - interference?
1297 14 2020-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Was out on the 23rd, and thought I'd go down to the bridge, maybe 200meters away.
Got about 100m, and this happened;  https://youtu.be/KKQik3OjKfU

Being it has 10KM range, maybe this is just a camera issue?

2020-11-25
Use props
Huginn Keningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Some weird interferenes... never happened to me at the moment.

Today I managed to fly 3Km away with the CE controller and it was fine... but if someone managed to hack the controller to put it on FCC power mode or more it would be muuuch better.

Low controller power means not only less maximum range, it means less usable range too and less quality flight.

When flying at 500 meters or less the FCC controller is still much better than the CE one.
2020-11-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is not interference, the coder is unable to code the footage properly. Given that it is in 720p, is that footage off your phone? The result off the SD card should be a lot better.

2020-11-25
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you asking about the video quality or the spinning?
2020-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there hunterws. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2020-11-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try posting your log here - http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/
2020-11-26
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-26 01:51
Try posting your log here - http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/SM7LPFG7NY1BN50Y9UOP
2020-11-26
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-25 21:13
Hello there hunterws. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

[view_image]

It flew fine, up until the time I tried to go farther.

Looking at the flight log, I may have gone higher than what LAANC authorized, could that demand it to go home, or do this?

Once I crossed the road (pavement) it went haywire.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/SM7LPFG7NY1BN50Y9UOP
2020-11-26
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 11-25 20:33
Are you asking about the video quality or the spinning?

Loss of signal.  The spinning was from trying to put in small movements, but due to delay, by the time it looked like it was turning, it was actually doing a circle or two.
2020-11-26
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 11-25 19:35
It is not interference, the coder is unable to code the footage properly. Given that it is in 720p, is that footage off your phone? The result off the SD card should be a lot better.

That is the cached version off the tablet.  If you look at the SD footage, it looks focused and fine....just looks like I'm flying drunk heh
2020-11-26
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It looks to my uneducated eyes that you were entering one of the controlled airspaces for La Cross regional  with an altitude limit of 60 meters (196 ft) maximum, and you were just about at that height at 190 ft. So you had to turn back to the north. But it also looks like you launched from the same type of area but since your altitude was borderline.... who knows. I was usng the DJI fysafe site, which may be out of date or in error.
You could test it again but at well under 196 ft.

2020-11-26
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 11-26 10:33
It looks to my uneducated eyes that you were entering one of the controlled airspaces for La Cross regional  with an altitude limit of 60 meters (196 ft) maximum, and you were just about at that height at 190 ft. So you had to turn back to the north. But it also looks like you launched from the same type of area but since your altitude was borderline.... who knows. I was usng the DJI fysafe site, which may be out of date or in error.
You could test it again but at well under 196 ft.

So, you're saying, that if you fly into a different airspace, even with authorization ... the app will do this to you instead of executing a mandatory RTH?
I'm hoping DJI replies back with some insight after I answered some questions.  This is not a matter of rebar in cement ...
2020-11-26
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hunterws Posted at 11-26 15:27
So, you're saying, that if you fly into a different airspace, even with authorization ... the app will do this to you instead of executing a mandatory RTH?
I'm hoping DJI replies back with some insight after I answered some questions.  This is not a matter of rebar in cement ...

If  am not mistaken the aircraft will just hover and wait for your input. It will not do an RTH. And it will not go farther into the space. This is an altitude restricted area, not to exceed 60 meters.
2020-11-26
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

When I had my mavic pro, I was in the same airspace, took off from a 10 story building (100'), just started flying, and the screen went black & white, and it returned to home.  My money is on the fact that's how the app corrects improper piloting.  I have a bit more experience, had the pro, then mini1, now mini2, but I have never seen any drone do this color shaded blue, and zebra lines .....?

2020-11-26
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Huginn Keningar Posted at 11-25 15:54
Some weird interferenes... never happened to me at the moment.

Today I managed to fly 3Km away with the CE controller and it was fine... but if someone managed to hack the controller to put it on FCC power mode or more it would be muuuch better.

The SDK would more than likely be required to hack the controller and drone firmware.  On newer drones FCC & Boost hacks are typically applied to both.  I also am waiting for Boost given I already use FCC here in the United States.
2020-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules