Gimbal Calibration Stuck on 50% i need an update to fix the issue
3649 8 2020-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cjackson6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39600 ft
United States

I have a phantom 4 pro plus and the gimbal gets stuck at 50 percent when calibrating the gimbal.
2020-11-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, cjackson6. Sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. When performing the gimbal auto-calibration, please make sure that the aircraft is placed on a flat level surface. If you have installed an ND/PL Filter in the gimbal camera, it is suggested to remove it and put back the default UV filter before performing another gimbal auto-calibration. It is recommended also to check whether there's anything blocking the gimbal camera. Should you encounter the same result, it is suggested to update/refresh the aircraft's firmware via the DJI Assistant 2.
2020-11-26
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-26 01:08
Hi, cjackson6. Sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. When performing the gimbal auto-calibration, please make sure that the aircraft is placed on a flat level surface. If you have installed an ND/PL Filter in the gimbal camera, it is suggested to remove it and put back the default UV filter before performing another gimbal auto-calibration. It is recommended also to check whether there's anything blocking the gimbal camera. Should you encounter the same result, it is suggested to update/refresh the aircraft's firmware via the DJI Assistant 2.

I had a 50% stuck issue yesterday as well.  Drone works fine even w/ no calibration.  P4PV2.0.

I've tried turning them all off an on but it made no difference.  Perhaps the drone wasn't leveled.  I have the latest firmware.
2020-11-26
Use props
cjackson6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39600 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-26 01:08
Hi, cjackson6. Sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. When performing the gimbal auto-calibration, please make sure that the aircraft is placed on a flat level surface. If you have installed an ND/PL Filter in the gimbal camera, it is suggested to remove it and put back the default UV filter before performing another gimbal auto-calibration. It is recommended also to check whether there's anything blocking the gimbal camera. Should you encounter the same result, it is suggested to update/refresh the aircraft's firmware via the DJI Assistant 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvQYXrZeZM

Yeah everything is level I am having a bad gimbal drift after the gimbal initialize. Like one once it Initialize it starts getting our wobbly and acting like is drunk. I was reading on a form that the DJI people that had a Beta  firmware  that fix the issue. I might be a bad gimbal Imu or bad gimbal esc.
2020-11-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

cjackson6 Posted at 11-26 09:27
Yeah everything is level I am having a bad gimbal drift after the gimbal initialize. Like one once it Initialize it starts getting our wobbly and acting like is drunk. I was reading on a form that the DJI people that had a Beta  firmware  that fix the issue. I might be a bad gimbal Imu or bad gimbal esc.

Thanks for the added information. Perhaps you can try first to refresh the aircraft's firmware via the DJI Assistant 2, perform a quick gimbal auto-calibration, and see if the result is the same. Should the same problem persists, kindly message your unit's Serial Number and we'll have this check to our engineers for other options that we can try.  
2020-11-26
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm doing it at home and it passed 50% and 68%.  Seemed to take a while to pass it.  Should at least give a warning saying the whole test would take 2 minutes or longer.
2020-11-28
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-28 14:52
I'm doing it at home and it passed 50% and 68%.  Seemed to take a while to pass it.  Should at least give a warning saying the whole test would take 2 minutes or longer.

I don't think it's a 2 minute problem. I put in a fully charged battery. It stopped at 50 % on my gimbal calibration and I left it till the battery was below 10 %.  I thought I needed the gimbal calibration. What scares me is bricking my P4. I don't need the calibration now. LOL  I'm also afraid to update due to reports of drone bricking. I just don't trust that I will get the support from DJI, without greatly costing me, so why take chances. I love DJI drones.
2020-11-28
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Goldenseal Posted at 11-28 17:52
I don't think it's a 2 minute problem. I put in a fully charged battery. It stopped at 50 % on my gimbal calibration and I left it till the battery was below 10 %.  I thought I needed the gimbal calibration. What scares me is bricking my P4. I don't need the calibration now. LOL  I'm also afraid to update due to reports of drone bricking. I just don't trust that I will get the support from DJI, without greatly costing me, so why take chances. I love DJI drones.

I changed the location completely and did it indoors and it is fine.  I think if the wind hits I think it won't work.  

I just turned everything off at least 2 times and it was ok when it was stuck at 50%.  What the problem is, is we don't know what is required for it to complete past 50%.  If something hits it slightly like wind, if it's off on an angle too much, it doesn't say anything.  It just shows what we see as stuck for us.  At least, they should give us the comfort on knowing what is happening, like an error message or code, a sound, anything but there is nothing but 50% by itself.  Lots of stuff in life is guessing like this.  We shouldn't always expect it to be easy to know what is truly going on so the best way is to know how someone else did it and to do the same, at least in this area.  I've done it on the floor in my room and it worked.  Before, I was doing it on the roof on a high-tower in the same spot but on the next time I've rotated it's direction 45° and 90° degrees and it was Still stuck at 50% for a while.  I was running out of battery so I couldn't wait too long.  It was very windy too.
2020-11-29
Use props
djiuser_ecrxhBD6ZnDe
New

Australia

Hello! This forum literally saved me hundreds of $ and time!!!
I have a NEW Phantom Pro 4 V2.0 and I need to get it insured before I go on a trip this weekend so I was following the steps on DJI care's page for the Vido verification, part of that process is doing the auto gimbal calibration. It continuously was getting stuck at 50% calibration and I tried talking to DJI online support, they wanted me to send them a drone for a FIRMWARE issue?!
Thankfully, I found this forum!!! I downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 Software for Phantom on my laptop and refreshed the firmware, then I connected my RC and completed another auto gimbal calibration and it worked!! SUCESS!! THANK YOU !!!!
2021-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules