2487 3 2020-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KarolyPilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2898478 ft
Germany

Hi there,

I´ve experienced already twice the following problem: I´m flying with my DJI Mavic Pro 2 (approx. 2,5 km away) and have three balks signal strength on my DJI Smart Controller  (latest firmware --> 22. September 2020) and all of the sudden (did  not fly into a cloud or behind a building) the connection goes away and  even after minutes the screen is still black. I´ve tried to to adjust  the antennas but no change.

Only when I switched the smart controller completely off and on I have had my signal/control back over the aircraft.

My question: why could the smart controller  not bring back the signal automatically, why did I have to switch it  on/off in both cases in order to get the control possbility back? In the  first case the automatic return function brought the aircraft literally  back to my knees and the smart controller had still a black screen. Only when I switched it on/off it worked again.

If there are problems with the smart controller I´m still within the 1 year guarantee period so I can return it.

Kind regards,
Karoly

2020-11-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, KarolyPilot. Sorry to read about your unfortunate experience. Could you let us know if this only happened recently and only during the two incidents? Have you tried conducting another test flight after you have posted your feedback? If this would help, we suggest adjusting the antennas as shown in the image below to have an optimal transmission and the possibility to regain the image transmission.  We also want to suggest to refresh the firmware of both the Smart Controller and the Mavic 2 Pro via the DJI Assistant 2 to see if that helps. Further details about your concern are highly appreciated to offer you suggestions. Thank you and keep us updated.
2020-11-27
Use props
KarolyPilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2898478 ft
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-27 00:55
Hi, KarolyPilot. Sorry to read about your unfortunate experience. Could you let us know if this only happened recently and only during the two incidents? Have you tried conducting another test flight after you have posted your feedback? If this would help, we suggest adjusting the antennas as shown in the image below to have an optimal transmission and the possibility to regain the image transmission.  We also want to suggest to refresh the firmware of both the Smart Controller and the Mavic 2 Pro via the DJI Assistant 2 to see if that helps. Further details about your concern are highly appreciated to offer you suggestions. Thank you and keep us updated. [view_image]

Hi Gamora,

unfortunately yes, I could replicate yesterday a failure. The drone was 400 meters away, within visible range and despite correct adjustment of the antennas, the video-feed went suddenly away but I could still steer the drone without a problem. I waited for 1 minute then I switched the Smart Controller off and On and I had the video feed back to normal.

I´ve the latest firmware on my smart controller and drone so that point should be OK. I think that the failure is my smart controller given that every time after switching it back everything was back to normal which means that the video feed from the drone worked the whole time (at least I suppose that the failure is there).

I go back to the seller here in Germany and place a complaint. I also have DJI Care so if necessary I´ll activate that.

Kind regards,
Karoly
2020-12-1
Use props
Josege
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14554 ft
Mexico

I have exactly the dame situation, ive owned 2 mavic 2 with the same Smart controller, and Aldo own mavic 2 mini the mavic 2 mini has 4 times the range of the mavic 2.   Ive updates the firmwAre and done the white anthena Thing no luck what si ever.  Where you able to fix this issue.  
2021-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules