Control range vs Video transmission range
1927 6 2020-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nik Thomas
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Can anyone tell me about the relationship between the range at which image transmission issues are reported and the maximum range for controlling the aircraft?

I'm flying with the RC on 5GHz/CE mode in an open field, and I'm getting image transmission issues at around 150m.  Is it possible to infer from this how far away I might expect to be able to control the aircraft - to give 'pause flight' or 'return to home' commends, for example.

TIA

2020-11-26
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Manufacturers do not specify separate image transmission and drone control ranges ...
The specified range applies to both. Experience has shown that live videfoeed ceases sooner than the control signal.
There is no point in forcing the distance further after the video signal has ceased. If the control signal is interrupted and does not recover within 10 seconds, the drone will go home. However, a common mistake in the DJI Spark is the compass error, if this occurs the GPS signal is ignored and switches to ATTI mode. This mode is a completely manual mode, it only has altitude hold. Then the pilot has to manually drive the drone which does not know where he is. If you fly so far where the signal transmission is interrupted and then fall into ATTI mode, chances are you will never see it again.
So I don’t recommend flying farther with a weak, intermittent video signal. Since he did not describe why he was asking, I assumed the above.
2020-11-26
Use props
Nik Thomas
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks, Jakab; your assumption was correct.

I'm aware of the caveats around environment frequency, but I was wondering if there was a useful rule of thumb that says that the control range was reliably, say, 50% more than the video range, since the video is dropping out at such a disappointing distance.
2020-11-27
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Nik Thomas Posted at 11-27 01:02
Thanks, Jakab; your assumption was correct.

I'm aware of the caveats around environment frequency, but I was wondering if there was a useful rule of thumb that says that the control range was reliably, say, 50% more than the video range, since the video is dropping out at such a disappointing distance.

I recommend that you download and install DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 from sparkpilots.com.
This switches the radio connection from the modified GO4 CE mode to FCC mode and quadruples the range.
Also includes +6 flight modes from Mavic (orbit, waypoint, terrain follow, course lock, home lock, cinematic)
2020-11-27
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 11-27 16:45
I recommend that you download and install DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 from sparkpilots.com.
This switches the radio connection from the modified GO4 CE mode to FCC mode and quadruples the range.
Also includes +6 flight modes from Mavic (orbit, waypoint, terrain follow, course lock, home lock, cinematic)

Here is a short video about it:

Cheers,
Wolferl
2020-11-28
Use props
Cyril Vivian
lvl.1

Nigeria

Please visit

i am here to give testimony on how this powerful spell caster called Dr Adoda helped me to fix my relationship. i was heartbroken when my fiancee told me he is no longer interested in marrying me because he was having an affair with the other woman where he work. I cried and sobbed every day, until it got so bad that I reached out to the Internet for help, that was when i read a review about the great work of Dr Adoda, then i contacted him for help to get my lover back, he helped me cast a powerful (reconciliation love spell) and to my greatest surprise after 48 hours of doing the love spell my Fiancee came back on his knees begging me to forgive him We are now happily married and all thanks goes to Dr Adoda Wonders for helping me save my relationship you can contact Dr Adoda through his email address: adodalovespelltemple440@gmail.com or WHATSAPP him on+2348112825421
2022-2-28
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Cool shot again
2022-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules