Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor error. Check propellers and fly with caution (Code: 120652)
9264 39 2020-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alina13
lvl.1

Romania

Hi,

Today my drone crashed

I had two warnings saying "Motor error. Check propellers and fly with caution (Code: 120652)".
I pressed the return to home button. But nothing happened, the drone wasn't initiating the return to home process, so i controlled it manually to a spot where i could land safely. When i got to that spot, i tried again the RTH option as it was very close (i always use RTH to land) and again nothing was happening. I tried to reduce the altitude to land manually but then it started to increase altitude automatically. I tried to decrease it, but the drone was lifting up by itself.
Then i got this warning Aircraft max power load reached. Decrease altitude and fly with caution. If this issue persists, land immediately (Code: 30168). and in just a few seconds, the motors stopped and the drone crashed on the ground.
The last error o the flight notifications report is "Not Enough Force/ESC Error "

I attached a picture with the flight notifications and weather conditions. Iwas flying in normal mode.

What went wrong? Is this a manufacturin error? The drone is almost new, i had my first flight on 22.10.2020 and a total of 4.60h flight time and i didn't had any incidents with it until today.

Thanks in advance!

drone

drone

flight notifications

flight notifications

weather conditions

weather conditions
2020-11-26
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Try uploading your logs here and post the link: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/.  The pictures you posted are very hard to read.  There are some exceptional people on here at analyzing logs.  
2020-11-26
Use props
alina13
lvl.1

Romania

Thanks for the quick reply!

Here is the link: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/T6MBQZUWPHF1POENAE3F/
2020-11-26
Use props
alina13
lvl.1

Romania

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-26 10:33
Try uploading your logs here and post the link: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/.  The pictures you posted are very hard to read.  There are some exceptional people on here at analyzing logs.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Here is the link: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/T6MBQZUWPHF1POENAE3F/
2020-11-26
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

Here is also a link for for AirData AirData Flight Log
Since you were able to recover the drone I would recommend pulling the .dat file by plugging it into a computer and using DJI Assistant 2 Link to get the .dat log and post it hear.  This file is far more detailed.

2020-11-26
Use props
alina13
lvl.1

Romania

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-26 10:47
Since you were able to recover the drone I would recommend pulling the .dat file by plugging it into a computer and using DJI Assistant 2 Link to get the .dat log and post it hear.  This file is far more detailed.

Unfortunately when i click on "Log Export", it says "Failed to load Log"
2020-11-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Alina,

Had a look at your flight.

At start the baro height and VPS height gets higher values, ofcourse as your are starting to fly and gain height.
But at 11 meters BARO height the VPS height drops to 0.6 meters, this is not correct i think (depends ofcourse where your are flying above....)
During the whole flight VPS height is indicating  0.6 and  2.5 meters, did you really fly that height above the surface?

RTH at 4m55.3 inititated but cancelled at 4m57.7,   guess by msitake? No time for your MA2 to stop the fwd  flying and start a RTH cycle.

Final record at 30.2 meters baro height, but landed. Possible if you landed it uphill somewhere, but that is not the case, or is it ?Did it crashed at 30 meters height in a tree?

Hard to tell what is wrong, only thing you can do is to calibrate the IMU and test flight after this.And check first the freedom of rotation of the motors.

PS i see 17x " Motor error [ black diamonds in the chart ]. Check propellers and fly with caution" in the log.
PS only 1x RTH initiated by you.

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
2020-11-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-26 10:47

Hi John,

DAT file stored in the drone cannot be decrypted. But if you know how to decrypt, please let me know.
Only the DAT file saved in on the mobile device can be read. (not the Mini2 btw)

cheers
JJB
2020-11-26
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

JJB* Posted at 11-26 11:14
Hi John,

DAT file stored in the drone cannot be decrypted. But if you know how to decrypt, please let me know.

That is what I thought,  I have also posted about the encryption and lack of decryption.  I was bashed on MavPilot forum as a couple of people are claiming it can be decrypted and I just do not know how but would not offer any information on how to do it.   They may have been referring to the .dat stored on the phone which works CvsView.

You are the guru so thank you for reclassifying.
2020-11-26
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Hi Alina,

As the error code 120652 already appeared very early at minute 1:38, the question would be why you did continue your flight.

I don't know the error code, but due to that the power consumption increased drastically above 20 amps especially at the end, it seems that one of the props had an issue or one of the motors was slowed down by either a faulty bearring or dirt and cause an overload on one of the ESCs.

2020-11-26
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

JJB* Posted at 11-26 11:09
Hi Alina,

According to the photo she posted, i think it will be not that easy to calibrate the IMU and do a test flight with a broken arm.
2020-11-26
Use props
alina13
lvl.1

Romania

JJB* Posted at 11-26 11:09
Hi Alina,

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply, unfortunately i don't understand all the technical data you are explaining, but i will try to give you some more answers.

I wasn't flying at 2.5 meters, you can see a video i recorded. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xreQqjgVqrpjwGJAF-owL2q9FU4cBv0n/view?usp=sharing

At the end of the video is when i tried the first time to RTH, in Point O on the map. I remember the drone was just hovering and wasn't doing anything to return home, and i couldn't see in the app the window with return to home initiated (and had no option to cancel it) so i tried to move it with the controllers and it worked.
(and here i have a question: if the RTH process is initiated and you try to control the drone with the controller, does it works and it cancels automatically the RTH process? or you have to cancel the RTH process and then you can control it?)

Then i controlled it manually to a place where i wanted to land, but again i tried RTH because it was very close to the point that i wanted to land. And again i couldn't see the RTH process initiated on the phone, and with all those warnings, i just tried to decrease altitude. but the drone was doing the opposite, it was raising up. And then it crashed from 30m.

It's broken now
2020-11-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

MySky Posted at 11-26 11:42
According to the photo she posted, i think it will be not that easy to calibrate the IMU and do a test flight with a broken arm.

oops, i had my wrong specs on....   ;-)   must be a hard crash , but fwd speed slow, dropped from that height??
2020-11-26
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

@Alina
BTW: do you have Care Refesh ? Then i would contact DJI.
2020-11-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

MySky Posted at 11-26 11:37
Hi Alina,

As the error code 120652 already appeared very early at minute 1:38, the question would be why you did continue your flight.

Hiya,

where do you see 20 amps?  i see only slowy increase of amps.

cheers
JJB
analysis2a.png
2020-11-26
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

JJB* Posted at 11-26 11:51
Hiya,

where do you see 20 amps?  i see only slowy increase of amps.

https://app.airdata.com/share/kjANGv/POWERVolts_and_Amps

Have a look at the end of the flight route in the middle (violet color)
2020-11-26
Use props
alina13
lvl.1

Romania

MySky Posted at 11-26 11:37
Hi Alina,

The first time i saw the mesaage i thought that if it was something serious, it would have warned me to land immediately or even initiated the RTH automatically. The message was saying to fly with caution, not to land immediately ...
The second time i saw it (when i was up on the hill) i tried to return to home (the whole story in my previous reply).

But as i can read, even the last warning has a low risk severity  https://app.airdata.com/wiki/Notifications/Not+Enough+Force/ESC+Error

2020-11-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

alina13 Posted at 11-26 11:48
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply, unfortunately i don't understand all the technical data you are explaining, but i will try to give you some more answers.

Hi Alina,

But you did cancel the RTH just after it was engaged, don`t know what happed there.
Moving sticks in a RTH mode doesn`t cancel this Mode, you can push fully forward to increase the speed to home.

In the log the baro height at the end is steady, no signs of climbing. See the vertical speed line too in the chart.
But how did it crashed, the video stopped before that.

Because of the fog the VPS bottom sensor  saw low heights and did indicate false heights.

cheers
JJB

2020-11-26
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

alina13 Posted at 11-26 11:58
The first time i saw the mesaage i thought that if it was something serious, it would have warned me to land immediately or even initiated the RTH automatically. The message was saying to fly with caution, not to land immediately ...
The second time i saw it (when i was up on the hill) i tried to return to home (the whole story in my previous reply).

You are right, but i am not sure if the low risk indication is correct at that portal, especially due to the result this has caused your issue.
2020-11-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

MySky Posted at 11-26 11:58
https://app.airdata.com/share/kjANGv/POWERVolts_and_Amps

Have a look at the end of the flight route in the middle (violet color)

oke,

Strange,  as airdate is using the same source data....
And in this CSV source data the max amps is 9.6 amps.

Recently the amps values in the logs are incorrect, eg  in the latest android 1.2.1 flyapp batt cell values are missing, annd amps values are incorrect.
Some programms use theses values times a fixed value to get some kind of data, incorrect but usefull to monitor as a trend, not as correct figures.
chart is from the original CVS file.

cheers
JJB
analysis3.png
2020-11-26
Use props
alina13
lvl.1

Romania

MySky Posted at 11-26 11:50
@Alina
BTW: do you have Care Refesh ? Then i would contact DJI.

I don’t have Care Refresh ...
2020-11-26
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

alina13 Posted at 11-26 12:21
I don’t have Care Refresh  ...

That's really bad.
2020-11-26
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

JJB* Posted at 11-26 12:10
oke,

Strange,  as airdate is using the same source data....

Even if the max figures are not correct at airdata, the color indication in red and violet on the flight track are fitting to the peaks in your chart over the hole flight time.
Nevertheless, the constant increase of the power consumption until the end of the flight is not normal.
It should be at the same level all over with some peaks if increasing and decreasing the speed.
2020-11-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

MySky Posted at 11-26 12:36
Even if the max figures are not correct at airdata, the color indication in red and violet on the flight track are fitting to the peaks in your chart over the hole flight time.
Nevertheless, the constant increase of the power consumption until the end of the flight is not normal.
It should be at the same level all over with some peaks if increasing and decreasing the speed.

it is always hard to tell exactly , as the voltage drop in time will increase amps over the same time.
It was a cold flying day, this will put some strain on batt output power.

So why these motor errors.... perhaps due to the cold on 'freezing' parts? (high humidity, cold temps )

cheers
JJB
analysis4.png
2020-11-26
Use props
alina13
lvl.1

Romania

JJB* Posted at 11-26 12:00
Hi Alina,

But you did cancel the RTH just after it was engaged, don`t know what happed there.

I guess the altitude increase was from point V to W (i see the same distance starting with point V, and the altitude increases from 92.5ft to 101.7ft.

It just dropped from there ... i stopped the video on top of the hill unfortunately, no video of the crash.
2020-11-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

alina13 Posted at 11-26 12:48
I guess the altitude increase was from point V to W (i see the same distance starting with point V, and the altitude increases from 92.5ft to 101.7ft.

It just dropped from there ... i stopped the video on top of the hill unfortunately, no video of the crash.

oke, wow  just dropped from that height!

Battery cells at the end above 3.3 volts, normally enough to give power.

If the motors were blocked by the cold than the power on the drone keeps the logging of data.
So do not understand why the log stopped at that point.
Only explantion is (if no disconnect drone<>rc) that the power dropped dramatically, so 4 motors just stopped.

cheers
JJB

2020-11-26
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

Whatever this has finally caused, a drone crash is allways a bad.
2020-11-26
Use props
alina13
lvl.1

Romania

JJB* Posted at 11-26 13:00
oke, wow  just dropped from that height!

Battery cells at the end above 3.3 volts, normally enough to give power.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PerCNrHTpWRxrJ9DIiKWWwx3oJg0Zail/view?usp=drivesdk

Maybe this helps too. At the end, you can see that i tried to decrease the altitude ( at 6:04 and 6:29).
And what i just noticed is that the warning appeared only when i was increasing altitude, not with other commands.

And yes, now i notice how many times it appeared on my screen, but it dissaperes so fast that you barely have time to read it. A serious problem shoud pop up on the whole screen or beep or something ...
2020-11-26
Use props
alina13
lvl.1

Romania

MySky Posted at 11-26 13:12
Whatever this has finally caused, a drone crash is allways a bad.

Yeah, i just noticed how dangerous they are
2020-11-26
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

Hope you are able to get it repaired or to get a new one.
2020-11-26
Use props
alina13
lvl.1

Romania

MySky Posted at 11-26 13:35
Hope you are able to get it repaired or to get a new one.

I hope that too. Repairing should be no problem, everything looks ok beside that arm. I can power it on.

Thanks a lot for your time and answers!
2020-11-26
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why are there no props on the right rear? Did they break off or did you remove them?

https://www.amazon.com/Original- ... -Rear/dp/B089VYPQ3P

2020-11-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there alina13. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened before and you have experienced these error messages before on the DJI Fly application. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assessment on the said drone . We have a team that will do there best to analyze and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you.
2020-11-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

alina13 Posted at 11-26 13:17
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PerCNrHTpWRxrJ9DIiKWWwx3oJg0Zail/view?usp=drivesdk

Maybe this helps too. At the end, you can see that i tried to decrease the altitude ( at 6:04 and 6:29).

Hi alina,

Agree with you ; a loud beep for serious error would be helpfull.

When you increase height, you are asking more power to the motors, so logic that only than this error is seen.

I see only down stick end of your flight, not up.

Hope it can be repaired, keep on flying after this. Too much fun to stop early.

cheers
JJB
2020-11-27
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

JJB* Posted at 11-26 12:48
it is always hard to tell exactly , as the voltage drop in time will increase amps over the same time.
It was a cold flying day, this will put some strain on batt output power.

So why these motor errors.... perhaps due to the cold on 'freezing' parts? (high humidity, cold temps )

Someone reported motor error message after take off from the beach (cleared by blowing air and message disappeared), so dust or sand maybe? Official temp range for MA2 is -10° to 40°C.

Alina - I hope You will be flying soon again!
2020-11-27
Use props
dwillis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1613642 ft
United States

I just had the exact same thing happen to me. I had been in the air for a couple minutes, flying low and slow, when it gave me the motor error warning, telling me to fly with caution. With my MA1 I was used to routinely seeing warnings about max motor speed and things like that which were purely informational and could be disregarded. I double-checked everything, saw no issues, and continued my flight. About a minute later I got the error again but wasn't concerned. A few seconds after that I got another warning: "Not Enough Force/ESC Error. Aircraft max power load reached. Decrease altitude and fly with caution. If this issue persists, land immediately (Code: 30168)." I was in the process of a slow ascent and decided I would heed the warning and fly with caution while I finished my shot and then bring it back and land.

I never got the chance. Suddenly, the camera goes crazy and the drone begins making some very distressing noises. I look up and it's plummeting out of the sky; not exactly in free-fall but flailing wildly and very far from anything that could be considered controlled flight. It bounced off the roof of my house and landed in the snow.

I got this aircraft in Dec and have flown it only about half-a-dozen times. It has stock props, no prior damage, and has exhibited no issues prior to today. Two days ago I flew without problems when the temperature was 14F and humidity was 75%. Today, the temp was 30F and humidity was 95%. During the flight, using the Smart Controller, I saw only these three warning messages, all of which said "fly with caution" and are classified as "low severity, impact on safety is likely not significant." In the log, however, there are dozens and dozens of these warning messages followed by error messages about a motor being blocked. I can't say for sure whether the "motor is blocked" messages showed up on the screen because they all came in the final two seconds of flight while I had my eyes on the drone trying to steer it toward a safer place to crash. What I can say is that the message "fly with caution" did not communicate to me that a motor failure was imminent.

Here's a link to the flight at Airdata: https://app.airdata.com/share/MiQlMn

Here's a link to the video:

2021-2-18
Use props
alina13
lvl.1

Romania

dwillis Posted at 2-18 08:23
I just had the exact same thing happen to me. I had been in the air for a couple minutes, flying low and slow, when it gave me the motor error warning, telling me to fly with caution. With my MA1 I was used to routinely seeing warnings about max motor speed and things like that which were purely informational and could be disregarded. I double-checked everything, saw no issues, and continued my flight. About a minute later I got the error again but wasn't concerned. A few seconds after that I got another warning: "Not Enough Force/ESC Error. Aircraft max power load reached. Decrease altitude and fly with caution. If this issue persists, land immediately (Code: 30168)." I was in the process of a slow ascent and decided I would heed the warning and fly with caution while I finished my shot and then bring it back and land.
I never got the chance. Suddenly, the camera goes crazy and the drone begins making some very distressing noises. I look up and it's plummeting out of the sky; not exactly in free-fall but flailing wildly and very far from anything that could be considered controlled flight. It bounced off the roof of my house and landed in the snow.

Hi,

Sorry to hear about that

I sent my drone to service through the store where i bought it and i was surprised to receive a new one, although i didn’t had the extra care refresh insurance.
I say i was surprised because i was beginning to believe that it was my fault and that the fog was the only problem.
I asked the store if the Dji service explained what happend, and they told me they only were informed that the drone couldn’t be fixed anymore and it was replaced.

So ... it may be a known problem for them. You can try sending it to service too. For me it turned out pretty well, but i am very scared now everytime i fly ... can’t forget how it fell from 30m ... and the fear of damaging something or hurting someone is always there
2021-2-18
Use props
dwillis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1613642 ft
United States

alina13 Posted at 2-18 08:41
Hi,

Sorry to hear about that

I'm glad to hear DJI did right by you. They don't always. I'm also glad I paid for DJI Care Refresh, though I hate to use one of my two "refreshes" on an equipment failure.

There was light fog where I was flying today. After reading around, I guess it must have caused one of the motors to freeze up. I'm shocked that this is a problem tho. I've never had freezing issues with my MA1 or my Inspire 1.
2021-2-18
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

OOPs never mind I'm late to the game. Sorry for the crash Alina. Hope you get it sorted.
2021-2-18
Use props
Phil Fks
New

United Kingdom

Does anyone know what this means I changed my propellers this came up and she fell out the sky into the mersey Instant deathThanks
2021-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules