Vertical video + active track support
3979 8 2020-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ron_H
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4085 ft
United States

Currently active track doesn't work when the camera is shooting in vertical/portrait orientation.
Active track doesn't know the image is rotated 90 degrees. So what it thinks is camera left is now camera down, etc.  

The osmo pocket gimbals CAN active track when rotated into vertical mode, so DJI has done it before.

It would be great if it Ronin active track also supported vertical video.  

2020-11-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ron_H. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information. I will cascade and forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates with DJI, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2020-11-26
Use props
djiuser_wSkH8RHinK69
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-26 19:37
Hello there Ron_H. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information. I will cascade and forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates with DJI, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you and please stay safe always.

Another request for this feature to be implemented. I just ordered a rs2 pro and disappointed to find that active track doesn’t work in vertical orientation.
2020-11-28
Use props
Ron_H
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4085 ft
United States

Also the display of the RS2 doesn't show a video feed when the camera is in vertical/portrait orientation.  

That would also need to work in order for you to engage active track from the gimbal controls (not an external phone).
2020-11-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Ron_H Posted at 11-30 13:50
Also the display of the RS2 doesn't show a video feed when the camera is in vertical/portrait orientation.  

That would also need to work in order for you to engage active track from the gimbal controls (not an external phone).

Hello there, thank you for your feedback on the vertical mode display issue. Actually the screen can still display the frame but the vertical video cannot self=adapt the size of the screen (In other word, only part of the frame can be displayed). We have already voice this issue to our engineer for future improvements. And for the ActiveTrack, as the orientation is changed when shooting on vertical mode, the following algorithm will not fit the direction on portrait mode.
We appreciate your feedback on this issue, and our engineers will note this and hopefully figure out the solutions for that.

Thanks.
2020-12-3
Use props
fans6195b6e4
New
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-12-3 02:40
Hello there, thank you for your feedback on the vertical mode display issue. Actually the screen can still display the frame but the vertical video cannot self=adapt the size of the screen (In other word, only part of the frame can be displayed). We have already voice this issue to our engineer for future improvements. And for the ActiveTrack, as the orientation is changed when shooting on vertical mode, the following algorithm will not fit the direction on portrait mode.
We appreciate your feedback on this issue, and our engineers will note this and hopefully figure out the solutions for that.

Is there an update to this issue yet?
I hope Dji knows vertical is the future of content creation?
2021-8-1
Use props
DJI-RS PM 铁匠
lvl.2

Hong Kong

fans6195b6e4 Posted at 8-1 03:53
Is there an update to this issue yet?
I hope Dji knows vertical is the future of content creation?

The new firmware version of RS2 supports the active track of vertical shooting,you can open the portrait follow on,
2021-8-1
Use props
djiuser_YgrTwGiv6wsn
lvl.1

United States

Is there any update to this? I purchased the ronin RSC2 with the ravens eye in hopes of portrait/vertical active track and it does not work in either the Portrait mode or with a vertical mount. This was the whole reason I purchased this
2022-5-28
Use props
djiuser_auNp2bb8wuu0
New

Austria

Same problem for me ... @DJI

When will it be possible to use active track in with the vertical camera mount? (Using the ronin rs3 & raveneye)
1-18 05:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules