Issues with my Mini 2
1445 10 2020-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danameskilo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 512395 ft
United States

I am having a problem getting a stable flight with my Mini 2. It has asked me to update my IMU multiple times and I have, as well as calibrating the compass and the RC. Nothing has fixed the issue. The issue is not high wind, both of these videos were taken when gusts were 7mph at 200 ft.

2020-11-26
Use props
Huginn Keningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

You mean the tilted horizon? You can correct that inflight by manually adjusting the horizon in the menu.

Also when performing the calibration the surface where you put the drone must be leveled (not only flat). For example I calibrated it on a table and it was still tilted, but then performed the calibration on a leveled surface (check it with a bubble level or a phone) and it solved it.
2020-11-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there danameskilo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to the said DJI Drone? Just a reminder do not calibrate the compass of the said drone in locations where magnetic interference may occur such as close to magnetite deposits and large metallic structures such as parking structures, steel reinforced basements, bridges, cars, or scaffolding. Do not carry objects that contains ferromagnetic materials such as mobile devices near the drone during calibration. It is also necessary to calibrate the compass when flying indoors. Thank you.

2020-11-26
Use props
djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1476125 ft
United States

You have your over exposer warning turnt on is why you have zebra lines.
2020-11-26
Use props
danameskilo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 512395 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-26 20:21
Hello there danameskilo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to the said DJI Drone? Just a reminder do not calibrate the compass of the said drone in locations where magnetic interference may occur such as close to magnetite deposits and large metallic structures such as parking structures, steel reinforced basements, bridges, cars, or scaffolding. Do not carry objects that contains ferromagnetic materials such as mobile devices near the drone during calibration. It is also necessary to calibrate the compass when flying indoors. Thank you.

[view_image]

I have not crashed it or landed it hard at all. I was completely away from anything that would mess with the calibration. I still have the issue and it happens every single flight. the drone is drifting to the right everytime I try to flight just straight.
2020-11-27
Use props
Serhii Slipushenko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7795459 ft
Ukraine

I have absolutely the same issue!
The issue hadn't gone after all possible calibrations (compass, IMU, gimbal), so I sent my Mini2 to DJI service.
2020-11-27
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

Yup same issue here. Documented in a thread and sent it back to DJI. Constant nav and imu errors. Could not fly it safely.
2020-11-28
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51093 ft
Italy

Huginn Keningar Posted at 11-26 12:30
You mean the tilted horizon? You can correct that inflight by manually adjusting the horizon in the menu.

Also when performing the calibration the surface where you put the drone must be leveled (not only flat). For example I calibrated it on a table and it was still tilted, but then performed the calibration on a leveled surface (check it with a bubble level or a phone) and it solved it.

Can you tell how to manually adjust in flight?

I can't find it in DJY Fly as I did before in DJI Go with my Air.

Thanks a lot.
2020-11-30
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51093 ft
Italy

Same here. Always IMU error although I have calibrated it multiple times.

2020-11-30
Use props
djiuser_F8NERRlBIjoJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

CC8877 Posted at 11-30 07:50
Same here. Always IMU error although I have calibrated it multiple times.

[view_image]

Stop spamming every thread with this message!
2020-11-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

danameskilo Posted at 11-27 13:10
I have not crashed it or landed it hard at all. I was completely away from anything that would mess with the calibration. I still have the issue and it happens every single flight. the drone is drifting to the right everytime I try to flight just straight.

Hi there danameskilo. Thank you for the reply and for the additional information you have given. Since this issue is happening on your DJI Mini 2. I would recommend for you to contact out DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to check the said DJI drone thoroughly . We would do our best to find out the reason of the issue and then the corresponding resolution/fix would be provided. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules