Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spawacz_rider
lvl.2
Flight distance : 670594 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guys

I noticed today issue with horizon tilt on my new Mini 2
I was flying drone for few days with no problem and today I have noticed horizon is tilting to one site and stays that way.

Drone did not have any crash. I have try to calibrate gimbal IMU and compass, all done with success but did not help to fix my issue.

The second issue I have noticed is in sport mode when flying side to side is sudden violent movement of the gimbal.
The video is done at night but you can easily see the horizon line.
Any help appreciated

2020-11-26
Use props
Huginn Keningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Autocalibrate the gimball on a flat (and leveled) surface, if that's not solving the problem try manually adjusting the horizon in flight.

I usually check if the horizion is leveled correctlly orientating the droe towards the sea (live in the seaside) and the autolevel just nails it for me.

On the other hand, the mini 2 has to pitch very agressively against the wind to get speed in the sports mode, so your gimball is hitting the end of its axial movement. I usually fly with the gimall at -14º, but at 0º or 90º you'll have that problem. Fly in cinema or normal to avoid it.

2020-11-26
Use props
spawacz_rider
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks there was no wind when I recorded and I dont know if you have noticed I have try to calibrate during flight manually with no joy, gimbal after few seconds starts tilting again
2020-11-26
Use props
Huginn Keningar
Second Officer
Spain

Mmm... then idk, maybe resetting the firmware... or maybe the gimball has a physical problem. Hope someone has faced that problem before and helps you ti find the cause.
2020-11-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there spawacz_rider. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of the said DJI Drone and do the calibration procedure once again to see if the issue will still persist? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.  
2020-11-26
Use props
spawacz_rider
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-26 20:25
Hello there spawacz_rider. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of the said DJI Drone and do the calibration procedure once again to see if the issue will still persist? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi Stephen do you have any link how to refresh the firmware ?

Thanks

Edit

I did find out you can use DJI Assistant 2 for firmware refresh.
But you can not do anything with DJI Mini 2 it is not supported.

https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads ... sumer-drones-series

I have done the firmware refresh on the remote, but for the Mini 2 I can only pull out logs.
So what is the drill for the firmware refresh on M2 ?

2020-11-27
Use props
spawacz_rider
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So problem stil exist

2020-11-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Very nice video
2020-11-28
Use props
spawacz_rider
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks it's just so annoying the gimbal is broken I have to re adjust horizon after every 30s of flight time.
2020-11-28
Use props
spawacz_rider
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ok so this is the final video I have done with the gimbal problem.

Dji Please advise

Drone in my opinion is broken and I need to RMA
2020-11-29
Use props
Huginn Keningar
Second Officer
Spain

I'ts clearly not working properly, use the guarantee and change it for another unit.
2020-11-29
Use props
spawacz_rider
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks I have sent email to DJi Suport and now i'm waiting for them to response.
2020-11-29
Use props
spawacz_rider
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Can someone explain to me how to open the case for replacement under the warranty? I do have care plan but I don't think it should go true this, I did not crash or have accident.
Drone is broke out of the box and the DJI response from support@dji.com is just generic one and not answer my question.

I have problem with horizon tilting and the response I have receive was.

Dear Marcin;

Good Day!

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. The Mini 2 gimbal will sometimes move straight down during flight, as the aircraft's attitude is too large and the nose is tilted too far forward. To avoid reaching the limit, the gimbal will move downward.

The issue mainly appears in the following scenarios:
1. When the aircraft flies forward against the wind, a larger attitude is required in order to resist the wind turbine, and the gimbal is relatively easy to hit the upper limit. It is recommended to adjust the gimbal downward or slow down the flight speed.
2. When the aircraft is flying forward, move the gimbal upward. If the gimbal is close to the limit, it will automatically move downward. It is recommended not to move the gimbal up to the top when flying forward.
3. When the aircraft flies backward, and the control sticks are suddenly released, the attitude of the aircraft will change too much due to the rapid braking. It is recommended to slow down the drone slowly and gently release the control sticks when flying backward.
4. When the drone is flying forward in S-mode, the flight speed is faster, and the attitude of the aircraft is larger. It is recommended to adjust the gimbal's movement downward or control the aircraft to avoid sudden changes in speed.​

I hope that I have answered your question. Please feel free to send us a message for other queries or concerns.

Thank you for choosing DJI and have a great day!

Thanks for any help
2020-11-30
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51093 ft
Italy

Huginn Keningar Posted at 11-26 12:09
Autocalibrate the gimball on a flat (and leveled) surface, if that's not solving the problem try manually adjusting the horizon in flight.

I usually check if the horizion is leveled correctlly orientating the droe towards the sea (live in the seaside) and the autolevel just nails it for me.

How to manually adjust the gimbal during flight with DJI Fly and a MIni2?

I was able to do it with the air but I didn't find the manually adjusting setting in the DJI Fly.

Thanks a lot.
2020-11-30
Use props
spawacz_rider
lvl.2
United Kingdom

CC8877 Posted at 11-30 07:42
How to manually adjust the gimbal during flight with DJI Fly and a MIni2?

I was able to do it with the air but I didn't find the manually adjusting setting in the DJI Fly.

Watch my second video. I do go over how to calibrate in the air
My outcome of the whole situation is to send drone back to DJI for replacment. Sad I will be not able to fy over next few weeks. But bether that then try to fight with broken drone.

Thanks
2020-11-30
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 465062 ft
United States

I got the tilt issue after a couple of weeks of use. Unlike you, my Mini 2 did have a couple of spills/crashes, but nothing severe. I thought that was the origin of the issue. But all the gimbal calibrating was useless once the drone was up and flying around. I thought that maybe the rubber frame the gimbal sits in got misaligned. I can adjust some of the rubbery connections, but not the ones inside the drone. So I was attempting to take off the top shell, but was afraid I was going to break it, so I stopped. I have a cell phone/laptop tool kit coming from Amazon. I think that will give me better access without breaking anything.
2020-11-30
Use props
spawacz_rider
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DGCA3 Posted at 11-30 23:55
I got the tilt issue after a couple of weeks of use. Unlike you, my Mini 2 did have a couple of spills/crashes, but nothing severe. I thought that was the origin of the issue. But all the gimbal calibrating was useless once the drone was up and flying around. I thought that maybe the rubber frame the gimbal sits in got misaligned. I can adjust some of the rubbery connections, but not the ones inside the drone. So I was attempting to take off the top shell, but was afraid I was going to break it, so I stopped. I have a cell phone/laptop tool kit coming from Amazon. I think that will give me better access without breaking anything.

My is definitely not after crash. I just went back to the first flight video and I can see the issue was from day one I just did not notice (night flight).

I was thinking it might be something to do with the rubbers, but they look ok to my  eye, and I'm not taking apart brand new drone because is still under warranty.
2020-12-1
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51093 ft
Italy

spawacz_rider Posted at 11-30 13:25
Watch my second video. I do go over how to calibrate in the air
My outcome of the whole situation is to send drone back to DJI for replacment. Sad I will be not able to fy over next few weeks. But bether that then try to fight with broken drone.

Thank you very much. Got it!
2020-12-1
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

spawacz_rider Posted at 11-30 02:07
Can someone explain to me how to open the case for replacement under the warranty? I do have care plan but I don't think it should go true this, I did not crash or have accident.
Drone is broke out of the box and the DJI response from  is just generic one and not answer my question.

Thanks for sharing!
2020-12-7
Use props
djiuser_mUt17TIe3Vd9
New
Flight distance : 59810 ft
Australia

spawacz_rider Posted at 2020-12-1 01:15
My is definitely not after crash. I just went back to the first flight video and I can see the issue was from day one I just did not notice (night flight).

I was thinking it might be something to do with the rubbers, but they look ok to my  eye, and I'm not taking apart brand new drone because is still under warranty.

I got the same problem of you, start happen after a little crash. I will try fly again on the next weekend and if the problem keep I will contact them too.
2021-11-4
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10869498 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Hello everybody!
I don't know what to think anymore. This is the THIRD drone after replacement and again a month later, problems with the horizon begin. It has been discussed many times here, but DJI does not solve anything, sending consumers to replace the drone. But the replacement also helps for a while.
Past drone:

Drone after replacement a month later:
2021-11-6
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10869498 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Friends!
I really want to understand the problem of the curvature of the horizon. I like Mini 2, but it's impossible to use (((
I did some more experiments and came to the conclusion that the IMU most likely has nothing to do with the curvature of the horizon.
If you do not change the position of the drone but tilt the camera manually, the problem persists.
Pay attention to the aircraft position indicator. Another interesting point is that if you manually adjust the horizon, it also "floats", but already to a new point, BUT, only in one direction.
Here's a video:

And now the question: can this be due to parasitic magnetization of the gimbal? I carry it in a bag next to the Osmo Mobile drone. And so it turns out that one of the stabilizer axes is very close to the gimbal. Does it make sense to try demagnetizing, say CFixer? I would like to know the opinion of DJI representatives.
2021-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules