2221 6 2020-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi guys...I put this video together because I had a hard time finding information about why the Channel ID kept turning 'red' in the DJI FPV System Goggles.  And why everyone keeps an eye on their bitrate.  Hope this helps a few folks out.  Feel free to share your feedback....I'm basing this on my own experiences and what I was able to find online to date.  Of course this is based on the current DJI FPV firmware as well.....I mention this because things are always changing and who knows what updates we may have in the future.  

2020-11-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ron. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this interesting video you have created. I hope that your fellow DJI co pilots can give out there valued insights as well with regsrd to this matter. Again, thank you for your valued support and keep on flying.
2020-11-26
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tend to head back if I see the red bar at all but it does seem to show up when the signal appears to still be very good. It seems to be more likely to show up in 50mbps mode and will sometimes display although focus mode had not even kicked in. It's like the bar is triggered  by how much bitrate you have lost and in 50mbps mode the loss is doubled under the same conditions just like the total under good conditions is doubled. The quad should not fall out of the sky if you lose video but still have a good control link. You may not be able to fly without seeing video, but if you had GPS and GPS rescue was set on a switch, you could use that to get the quad back even if GPS rescue was not set as the failsafe.
2020-11-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2020-11-27
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tom_A Posted at 11-27 00:03
I tend to head back if I see the red bar at all but it does seem to show up when the signal appears to still be very good. It seems to be more likely to show up in 50mbps mode and will sometimes display although focus mode had not even kicked in. It's like the bar is triggered  by how much bitrate you have lost and in 50mbps mode the loss is doubled under the same conditions just like the total under good conditions is doubled. The quad should not fall out of the sky if you lose video but still have a good control link. You may not be able to fly without seeing video, but if you had GPS and GPS rescue was set on a switch, you could use that to get the quad back even if GPS rescue was not set as the failsafe.

Interesting about the 50Mbps (which is what I mainly fly in).  Yeah, its just something that kept bothering me and couldn't find much information on so wanted to help clarify if others where wondering about this issue as well.  

Enjoy the holiday weekend!  
2020-11-27
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you...hopefully it helps some folks out.  Just a place to share some information since its not really spelled out anywhere in the user manual.
2020-11-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

RGMGFitness Posted at 11-27 08:23
Thank you...hopefully it helps some folks out.  Just a place to share some information since its not really spelled out anywhere in the user manual.

It most likely will!
2020-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules