Aircraft Disconnect, now need to rebuild
452 1 2020-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JBebbsta
New

United States

New to the forum.

Used my Phantom 4 Pro V2 just a few days ago to scout a 120 acre piece of property that I'm interested in so as to grow next year's hemp/marijuana crop.

First flight was uneventful.

2nd flight was disasterous due to a major issue (DISCONNECT) at approx 400' agl (above ground level).  Unfortunately I do not know if the cold weather played a role in the disconnect but knowing that most batteries do not perform well when cold/hot.

So, Im looking to find a DJI wiring diagram for my use in rebuilding.  Might anyone have a link to the Phantom 4 Pro V2 wiring diagram?

Also wanting to know the specs on the stock motors.  Does anyone have a link to the Phantom 4 Pro V2 motors?

Lastly, I've seen some pretty major mods to other Phantoms.  Can someone please link me a really good website for purchasing high performance motors, and other drone electronics?

Thank you for your assistance.

JB

2020-11-26
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha JB,

Most of what you are indicating in your post does not apply to DJI products.  You have experienced fairly common problems that you are approaching in a way that leads quickly to diminished returns.

You are strongly advised to download the P4Pro V2 Manual and go through it until you reach the SPECs at the end of the document.  There you will find information on operating temperatures for the P4Pro V2 (battery).  Your problem may be that you simply did not prewarm the battery for flight as instructed.  But, you are the only one who can figure that out.  You may not be able to rebuild the P4Pro V2.

DJI products are not like normal US or European products, they are Chinese products marketed in the US and Europe.  Their products are cutting edge high tech and require a slightly different approach that takes time to figure out.  There are also almost no diagrams, wiring or otherwise, available anywhere except in the DJI labs and under security.  Support services are a major part of the DJI Marketing Plan.  You may want to slow down and figure out what happened.

If you use DJI products the way they are designed to be used, they are very useful (and amazing).  Now, I would be not truthful if I did not say that some people have managed to reengineer some DJI products, but that was done completely without DJI support.  Some quad racers on YouTube have rebuilt DJI quads and produced amazing results getting DJI products to do what they were not designed to do.  If that is your goal, then why did you buy a new DJI product.  They repurposed a DJI product and you could do that to, but why waste your money on a new DJI product when you would be wasting your money on abilities you have no interest in.  The P4Pro V2 also uses the proprietary OcuSync transmission system and you would have to completely replace that system to repurpose the P4Pro V2.

If your P4Pro V2 is still in good shape, go over the manual and figure out how to optimize your use to fit your needs of the P4Pro V2.  You can still fly the P4Pro V2 when it is disconnected, either by Return to Home or if close enough, just using the sticks.  The video is designed to go out most times before the flight control connection.  

Beyond this, you will have to provide more information for us to help you.  I hope you have not taken this advice in a way that it was not intended.  We have a blast flying our DJI products and there is a great knowledge base here at the Forum.  Hope this helps!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules