Unlock GEO on Wrong Date
884 5 2020-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1376841 ft
United States

I had a disturbing incident today. Last night, at 12:01am I self-unlocked the drone for what I thought was Thu, Fri, Sat (27-29). I went to fly tonight and it wouldn't unlock. It manually asked me to unlock when starting the engines but it never actually authorized. I finally realized, when looking at the license and talking to a friend, that today is the 26th! So I was a day early.

No matter what I tried, I couldn't unlock for today. There is no ability to remove the license I had already sent to the craft. When I did the authorize on startup, all it did was activate the imported license for the 27-29 which was "expired". Ultimately, the only way around this was to find a computer, self-unlock for 26-28, and then after another 5 minutes of messing around on the controller, I finally got it to "take".

My question is, what could I have done in this situation? It is beyond insane that I can't fly because I unlocked for the wrong date. I had planned to go on the road with the craft today and I wouldn't have had access to a computer. There has to be a way to remove the license from the craft. I'm not talking DISABLE. I did that and it didn't help. The manual unlock simply reenabled the invalid date. Thanks for any insight you can provide.
2020-11-26
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

wamuBugMe Posted at 11-26 18:34
You say that "It is beyond insane that I can't fly because I unlocked for the wrong date."

Can you tell us what result you expected when you tried to fly on a date that didn't match the dates in your license?

You misunderstood my quote. I couldn't fly because I had no way to unlock the GEO. So I was grounded for the simple mistake of selecting the wrong dates 15 hours earlier. I was locked out is the point. If I'm presented with the unlock screen and I do all the right things, it should have unlocked. It didn't and I don't know if that's a bug or a feature. Does that make more sense now?
2020-11-26
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

wamuBugMe Posted at 11-26 20:21
I guess I don't understand at all. You picked the wrong dates so of course it won't let you fly.

Good luck.

On Wed. Nov 25 near midnight, I got on the self-unlock site to unlock for Thur/Fri/Sat. By the time I unlocked, it was 12:01am and I thought Thurs was Nov 27. Thurs is actually, Nov 26. So I unlocked for Fri/Sat/Sun.

it is now Thurs afternoon and I go to fly, knowing I've unlocked the day. But it won't authorize. I imported the license to the aircraft but it didn't work. When you go to turn the engines on, it throws up a prompt asking to unlock the zone I'm in. The zone that I thought I had unlocked. I fill out the form, check the 3 boxes, it says it's unlocked, but it's not. It continues to ask me to Authorize. I finally look at the details of the license and realize that the license is for tomorrow, not today. OK, my bad.

Here is what I'm stumped on. I continue to be prompted to unlock, I fill out the 3 checkboxes, it says I'm unlocked, but I'm not! I can't fly because I'm not authorized. I have no way to authorize because it's not taking it. That's what I'm referring to as insane. I understand my license is for tomorrow, but when it puts up the prompt to unlock on the spot, it won't accept it, even though it says it did. I'm left with a dead aircraft in that zone until the next day.

I hope this helps clarify it for you and anyone else reading.
2020-11-26
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

It sounds like a human error that can happen to any of us. The drone responded appropriately based on the parameters of the unlock.
2020-11-30
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Damn computer did what you told it to do instead of what you wanted it to do.
Quit complaining.  Next time, get the date right.
2020-11-30
Use props
djiuser_QqogENOvCl1r
New

United States

InsaneDiego Posted at 2020-11-26 20:29
On Wed. Nov 25 near midnight, I got on the self-unlock site to unlock for Thur/Fri/Sat. By the time I unlocked, it was 12:01am and I thought Thurs was Nov 27. Thurs is actually, Nov 26. So I unlocked for Fri/Sat/Sun.

it is now Thurs afternoon and I go to fly, knowing I've unlocked the day. But it won't authorize. I imported the license to the aircraft but it didn't work. When you go to turn the engines on, it throws up a prompt asking to unlock the zone I'm in. The zone that I thought I had unlocked. I fill out the form, check the 3 boxes, it says it's unlocked, but it's not. It continues to ask me to Authorize. I finally look at the details of the license and realize that the license is for tomorrow, not today. OK, my bad.

Did you ever get a answer on this other than pick correct date. I'm having a similar problem where it let me unlock in my case it only gave a 24 hour unlock. I flew then couple days later go to fly again same area try unlocking and it won't unlock. I to answer the questions and It says Unlock Successful but yet when you go to take off it immediately pops back up Authorization unlock needed. I think it is because that unlock license that is expired is still sitting in aircraft. Is there a way to delete it. I tried unchecking the bubble on it to turn it off with same result. Pretty frustrating the thing won't fly. My case here where I live is a Altitude restriction being some what close to a airport.
2022-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules