mini 2 has no camera settings
10845 29 2020-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
whiteeskimo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
Canada

Good evening Every one I just received my new mini 2 today And i am trying to connect my iPad mini 5 , but when i connect everything and do the updates  And connect the craft  To the right side where the red button is to take a picture , The little icons at the top and bottom ,  I am not able to change the camera settings  when i click the top icon above the red record button  It only goes from video to photo And I have no settings other than that  And also my screen on the iPad has the wide black bars at the top and bottom I was using this iPad on my Mavic Pro with no problems  I sure hope that some one can help me  thanks in advance
2020-11-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there whiteeskimo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPad mini 5 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPad mini 5 will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2020-11-26
Use props
fans40837fae
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-26 21:15
Hello there whiteeskimo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPad mini 5 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPad mini 5 will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.

And also I did try another device I tried using the Samsung S7 Edge cell phone
With the same results
2020-11-26
Use props
fans40837fae
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-26 21:15

I don't see that my message got through to you but I did look on the box from my iPad Mini it is an iPad Mini 4
2020-11-26
Use props
fans40837fae
lvl.1
Canada

Good morning
I have updated my iPad Mini 4
And tried it again but I am still unable to change any of the camera settings
You can see in the photograph that I'm sending you on the right hand side where the red photo button is if I push the icon at the top of that red button I should have more settings to the left hand side but I do not all that happens is it turns from video recorder to camera and you can notice also the screen has got thick black bands at the top and the bottom of the screen
20201127_040923.jpg
2020-11-27
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

If you press the photo/video physical button on the remote (top right) does the icon change between video and photo? That should rule out the phone connection part.
2020-11-27
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to put an SD card in the drone.
The black bars are normal on an iPad.  In video mode, the video is a 16:9 perspective.  The iPad has a more square perspective.  

2020-11-27
Use props
fans40837fae
lvl.1
Canada

KlooGee Posted at 11-27 02:55
The black bars are normal on an iPad.  In video mode, the video is a 16:9 perspective.  The iPad has a more square perspective.

I did put it in a SD card
But the result was the same
And the YouTube videos that I have seen they were doing it without an SD card and it worked fine
2020-11-27
Use props
fans40837fae
lvl.1
Canada

KlooGee Posted at 11-27 02:55
I have seen YouTube videos where they are using an iPad and they have the full screen
I have used this iPad with my previous DJI Maverick Pro for two years with no issues with black bars
I would like to ascertain that's the mini is defective so I could send it back before I have it too long
If you look at the photo that I send you can see that it is not the way it should be above the red button on the right for taking photos the icon is either a camera or video recorder not a rectangular icon with the number of the video resolution that is what it supposed to look like and it does not
2020-11-27
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I’ve got an iPad Pro 11”.  The black bars are very normal.

Also, I don’t understand what settings button you are talking about.  DJI Fly is not the same as DJI Go 4.  The settings are not in the same place.  Your Mavic Pro used Go 4.  The new drones use DJI Fly.  Depending on what options you are looking for, you need to either use the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner or use the settings in the bottom right corner to adjust your exposure.  

Maybe I'm missing something, but what you show in your screenshot looks completely normal to me.

This is a screenshot of mine in video mode:

2020-11-27
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

This is a screenshot of it in photo mode.

2020-11-27
Use props
fans40837fae
lvl.1
Canada

Do you have a SD Card in it ? when you took that shot?
2020-11-27
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans40837fae Posted at 11-27 09:25
Do you have a SD Card in it ? when you took that shot?

No, that’s why there is a silhouette of a phone over the record/shutter button.
2020-11-27
Use props
djiuser_NMEGPFEC1Ic8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

I don't have the same Ipad (I use Android Samsung S7). On mine if you touch the tiny camera icon at the bottom right of the screen the camera will change from Auto to Manual. In manual mode you than touch the tiny numbers to the left of the camera icon and it will bring up the choices for exposure time. Touch the one you want and you are good to go. I don't believe you can change the shutter speed any other way.
2020-11-29
Use props
djiuser_pulTYOFQLe3R
lvl.1
Flight distance : 958 ft
Netherlands

I had the same problem, no advanced camera settings. After chatting with the helpdesk not solved. I am now waiting for 7 days for further help by e-mail..

Meanwhile I sorted it out myself. I found out a sd-card in the drone is needed. (I use a IPhone).

Problem solved, drone makes nice footage but the knowledge and service from DJI could be done wat better.
2021-1-3
Use props
djiuser_SlbtDjHmBLAt
New

United States

After wasting over an hour thinking I'm missing something found your post and I feel for you. I did however installed the SD card and problem solved, Galaxy Note 10+
Thanks everybody.
Did you finally corrected the problem?
2021-1-23
Use props
djiuser_8phcSyl3TyuQ
New

United Kingdom

Hi I have the same problem with not being able to set circle rocket settings on the drone, the view looks the same as have been shown above any ideas anyone
2021-1-28
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Do you have an SD card in the drone?
2021-1-28
Use props
MacGyver73
New

Qatar

Hello Guys,
Solution is very simple. (by my experience)
Use recommended SD card, Take a look here:
Supported SD Cards:   
UHS-I Speed Class 3 or above is required. A list of recommended microSD cards can be found below.
Recommended microSD Cards:
16 GB: SanDisk Extreme
32 GB: Samsung Pro Endurance, Samsung Evo Plus, SanDisk Industrial, SanDisk Extreme V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2, SanDisk Extreme Pro V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme Pro V30 A2, Lexar 633x, Lexar 667x
64 GB: Samsung Pro Endurance, Samsung Evo Plus, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2, Lexar 633x, Lexar 667x, Lexar 1000x, Lexar High Endurance, Toshiba EXCERIA M303 V30 A1, Netac Pro V30 A1
128 GB: Samsung Evo Plus, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2, SanDisk Extreme Plus V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme Plus V30 A2, Lexar 633x, Lexar 667x, Lexar 1000x, Lexar High Endurance, Toshiba EXCERIA M303 V30 A1, Netac Pro V30 A1
256 GB: SanDisk Extreme V30 A2

((( Hope it will help )))
2021-3-15
Use props
djiuser_uwEADRhO4FCD
lvl.1
United States

I just received my mini 2 and was setting it up and realized I don't have photo settings or video settings either. I'm using a recommended Sd card, I've tried 2 devices (ipad pro/Note10+), formated sd, applied all updates and no luck.

Anyone have any tips?
2021-4-16
Use props
djiuser_uwEADRhO4FCD
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_SlbtDjHmBLAt Posted at 1-23 13:10
After wasting over an hour thinking I'm missing something found your post and I feel for you. I did however installed the SD card and problem solved, Galaxy Note 10+
Thanks everybody.
Did you finally corrected the problem?

Did you fix the issue? I have same phone and drone problem
2021-4-16
Use props
djiuser_dlHFC52mHVWX
New

United States

djiuser_uwEADRhO4FCD Posted at 4-16 21:20
I just received my mini 2 and was setting it up and realized I don't have photo settings or video settings either. I'm using a recommended Sd card, I've tried 2 devices (ipad pro/Note10+), formated sd, applied all updates and no luck.

Anyone have any tips?

I got mine yesterday and cannot find the camera  4k 2k menu i also dont see any place to change camera settings . Galaxy note 10
2021-4-30
Use props
djiuser_Er5rpAKb4vR1
New

United Kingdom

DJI updated the app. the settings have changed. They are on the bottom in a right corner
2021-5-15
Use props
djiuser_Er5rpAKb4vR1
New

United Kingdom

2021-5-15
Use props
rOy666
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27093 ft
India

I cannot switch my resolution on the camera (Video/Photo) on my mini 2.
It does not display any resolution options nor FPS.
I've tried it both with my iPhone and Oneplus 7 Pro

Can someone please help?

Also, someone suggested to try downgrading the firmware however, there is not DJI assistant software available for the mini 2
2021-6-7
Use props
djiuser_7V2guv7awJ7j
lvl.1
Flight distance : 879 ft
Canada

djiuser_Er5rpAKb4vR1 Posted at 5-15 10:43
DJI updated the app. the settings have changed. They are on the bottom in a right corner

That was great help…

Thanks
2021-6-23
Use props
djiuser_HZfFwrAKdbZF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138 ft
United Kingdom

Can anyone help? Got a mini 2 yesterday and when I click on video there's no sub menu. There is on photo mode
2021-8-5
Use props
djiuser_pW2wed3OXPT6
New

India

If it is not showing the resolution menu (4k, 2k, and so on) when you click on video menu item, that means, the micro sd card is not upto the standards. Once the Perfect Memory SD cards sits in slot, then it automatically shows the resolution selection menu for video.
2021-9-5
Use props
fans40837fae
lvl.1
Canada

thank you every one for your help
2021-9-5
Use props
fans40837fae
lvl.1