Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI pocket 2 exposure issue
4079 16 2020-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kamikazeguisan
lvl.1

Japan

Hi everyone
I have an issue about my pocket 2 when i try to use pro mode. I don't know if it's normal.
I start with normal mode and exposure is perfectly fine.
When i switch to pro mode  with  this parameter 4K 60 fps. Shutter speed 1/120 and iso auto max 100 ,Normal color,  the exposure fall to -3.0.....
the simple fact to activate D-Clike color and desable it right after, change the exposure to normal 0.0
Then when i turn off and turn on the camera, the wierd exposure comes back.....

Looks like a bug or i missed something

Please help me

Here is a video show you :

2020-11-26
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Must be a software bug. (I hope)
A long list of improvement for firmware v 01.02 just got longer.
2020-11-27
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

When you go into the editing screen and make your settings you set the ISO, shutter speed and amount of exposure compensation yes?
Those are the values I see on the screen of your video.
Then on playback the -3EV it is showing is showing how much the scene is being under exposed by and not your initial setting.
Notice how the value changes as the camera spins around.

I would think that would be normal information behavior.
Ray.
2020-11-27
Use props
Kamikazeguisan
lvl.1

Japan

Tide Posted at 11-27 01:24
Must be a software bug. (I hope)
A long list of improvement for firmware v 01.02 just got longer.

I wish you’re right.
If you put the same setting and do the same manipulation, what’s happening?
2020-11-27
Use props
Kamikazeguisan
lvl.1

Japan

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 11-27 01:55
When you go into the editing screen and make your settings you set the ISO, shutter speed and amount of exposure compensation yes?
Those are the values I see on the screen of your video.
Then on playback the -3EV it is showing is showing how much the scene is being under exposed by and not your initial setting.

But how do you explain that the simple fact of changing the color mode , change completely the exposure . It’s not supposed to be black with a shutter speed of 1/120. And iso to 100.
And why when i turn off and turn on the device , without making any changes, the exposure become black again....
2020-11-27
Use props
Kamikazeguisan
lvl.1

Japan

If someone can try the same manipulation , and tell me what the result is...
2020-11-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks like an omission in the FW
2020-11-27
Use props
Kamikazeguisan
lvl.1

Japan

I contacted dji support in japan but no reply yet... i have the impression that it might take a while....
2020-11-27
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Kamikazeguisan Posted at 11-27 03:36
But how do you explain that the simple fact of changing the color mode , change completely the exposure . It’s not supposed to be black with a shutter speed of 1/120. And iso to 100.
And why when i turn off and turn on the device , without making any changes, the exposure become black again....

First, If I'm misunderstanding what you are reporting ignore the rest of my post but.

I would say in low light with a shutter speed of 120/s and at ISO 100, all I would expect to see is a black screen.
So I got out my full frame DSLR that is 20MP. The photo-sites are hundreds of times larger and more capable of collecting light than the sensor of the Pocket. I took two shots in my workroom where light levels are low. How much lower than where you shot your image I have no idea so results could be different but bare with me.
With the same manual settings you used this was the result.

On auto ISO the camera had to go to ISO 40,000 before it would start to expose.

My camera even had slight difficulty in focusing.
I really feel you have to experiment with manual settings to see what will work in a given lighting condition if you insist on going full manual. There are physical limits you have to work within.
I am surprised I got an image at all.
2020-11-27
Use props
Kamikazeguisan
lvl.1

Japan

Have you tried with this setting and this dark exposure, to switch on D-cinelike color mode and instantly switch off then check your image.... it is completely different and well exposed.
Do it while you’re using pro mode without any changes
2020-11-27
Use props
Kamikazeguisan
lvl.1

Japan

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 11-27 04:29
First, If I'm misunderstanding what you are reporting ignore the rest of my post but.

I would say in low light with a shutter speed of 120/s and at ISO 100, all I would expect to see is a black screen.

Sorry i forgot to reply directly to you message so please check my previous message.
I think it’s a bug inside the firmware. Because turning on and off something without any other changes shouldn’t change the result like this. And i’m talking about color mode switch.

Loom at my video, i just activate d-cinelike and turn off immediately.
2020-11-27
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Kamikazeguisan
It is a bug that
switching  clike/normal color leads to iso max limit not working.
(it is ev 0.0 because the real iso is much higher than 100 )
for current firmware, plz set the iso max value again....

we will fix this. thanks for the feedback.
2020-11-27
Use props
Kamikazeguisan
lvl.1

Japan

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-27 05:23
Hi Kamikazeguisan
It is a bug that
switching  clike/normal color leads to iso max defective.

Ohh thank you!! I’m not crazy then!!! I’m glad that you were able to confirm this bug.
It has been previously reported?
I’m wait the update and relieved that my device isn’t defective.
2020-11-27
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Kamikazeguisan Posted at 11-27 05:10
Sorry i forgot to reply directly to you message so please check my previous message.
I think it’s a bug inside the firmware. Because turning on and off something without any other changes shouldn’t change the result like this. And i’m talking about color mode switch.

OK. Sorry I misunderstood.
Good catch. I think you are the first to spot this.
Ray.
2020-11-27
Use props
The General
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13609 ft
Bulgaria

I just wanted to confirm I have noticed this as well. I think it's when I put on or take off a CPL filter. The brightness is all wrong, and then to fix it, I just flip to d-cinalike for a split second, then back to normal, and it's fine again.

Can't wait for a firmware update.
2020-12-7
Use props
Sammy55
lvl.2

Australia

I have recently purchased Pocket 2 after Osmo Pocket which i used for 2 years and loved it. Have a big trouble with Pocket 2
*Cant use Tracking on 30FPS in Hyper-lapse
*When using Time-lapse the gimbal keep trying to focus and keep vibrating (Tried reset and Calibration)
*When attached Phone with Wireless Module and every time SlowMo is shot the Gimbal Disconnects and cant control the
gimbal with Extension Rod, have to restart Gimbal. Tried more than 20 time and issue is only when SlowMo is shot. Gimbal disconnect after the SlowMo shot completes.
*For some reason the motor keeps Vibrating randomly for NO reason.
*In a SlowMo shot it does not Auto Focus or Continuous focus does not work
*The gimbal keep heating even at 1080P
*The power button Side is annoying and keeps getting pressed while putting back in case.
Tried on Iphone Xs and 11 Pro and same issues. Returning my Unit
2020-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sammy55 Posted at 12-10 03:56
I have recently purchased Pocket 2 after Osmo Pocket which i used for 2 years and loved it. Have a big trouble with Pocket 2
*Cant use Tracking on 30FPS in Hyper-lapse
*When using Time-lapse the gimbal keep trying to focus and keep vibrating (Tried reset and Calibration)

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your DJI Pocket 2, please submit an online repair request via this website: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index or contact our support team via
http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and then send it in for a thorough diagnosis, we'll do our best to help this out.
2020-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules