Charging via power bank adapter
5578 4 2020-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf2a747a4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 412802 ft
United States

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I couldn't find a cable that works. In the Fly More combo, there is a "Battery to Power Bank Adapter", which has a USB (not Type-C) connection. Most powerbanks, including mine, use the same USB connection to charge other devices (and either micro-USB or Type-C) connector to charge the powerbank itself. The problem is that the regular USB port is typically used by "host" device, with the other end of the cable being either micro-USB, Type-C, Apple, etc.). I haven't seen a charging cable that's regular USB on both ends, which seems like the type of cable I would need (effectivelly a host-to-host type cable). Can someone explain how I could use the bank with a more readily-available cable? Thanks
2020-11-27
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe ive misunderstood your query, I think you may be misunderstanding the purpose of this adapter. This adapter turns your drone battery into a portable USB charger.  So you can use it to charge your phone or pretty much any other USB device.  You would plug the USB-A plug (normal USB connector) into the adapter and then the other end would be either lightning or USB-C to plug into your phone or other device to charge it.
Just to be clear, you do not charge your drone battery with this adapter.  You would have to use your normal drone battery charger to do that.
2020-11-27
Use props
melheor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 412802 ft
United States

I see, thank you for clarifying. I thought this was a way to charge drone battery on the go from a power bank instead of from the outlet. On a related note, is there a way to charge it from another power bank, perhaps using the main charger and some adapter? I have a 20k mAh bank I often take on trips with me to recharge my cellphone and electronics.
2020-11-27
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

melheor Posted at 11-27 06:20
I see, thank you for clarifying. I thought this was a way to charge drone battery on the go from a power bank instead of from the outlet. On a related note, is there a way to charge it from another power bank, perhaps using the main charger and some adapter? I have a 20k mAh bank I often take on trips with me to recharge my cellphone and electronics.

You need the proper output voltage to charge the flight batteries.

I have an 80,000mah 300watt power bank that can charge 4 x 4 cell batteries at the same time...2 x M2Pro and 2x P4Pro batts.....it was $200 on sale.....it does everything it says it does.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aerial Traffic
Randy
2020-11-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. You may try check our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see if those cables that you need is available. In addition I hope that you can get some recommendations from our DJI Co pilots with regards to this inquiry. Thank you and please be safe always.
2020-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules