Using Pilot app with multiple drones (i.e. Inspire 1 and P3)
781 0 2015-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MSD17
lvl.1

United States

I've been using the sameiPad mini 3 for both my Inspire 1 and P3 Pro. I just recently got the Inspire1, but started with the P3P since the initial purchase. I understand the pilotapp displays relevant settings applicable to each device (i.e. certain settingsare only available for the Inspire and not display for the P3); however, myquestion is whether or not the app “saves” each drone’s info & settings asindividual profiles "behind-the-scenes”?

I’m aware the Flight Recordcan be viewed for each drone (or as a combined total), but I wonder if this isdone on the settings side as well. For example, will it keep the Gains and otheruser-defined settings for “each” drone (making them active when that specificdrone is detected), or will it always use the latest used inputs across the board?
For some reason, it appearsmy custom settings are being reset/changed each time I fly a different drone. I’mnot sure if in-fact it’s using a different profile (specific to that drone), andthat’s the difference I’m seeing, or if the app is truly resetting the values.I’ll have to investigate this more on my end the next time I switch drones, butit seems things are always going back to default. For example, I’ve set the battery“Time to discharge” to 7 days and it appears to always go back to 10. I believeI made the 7 day change for BOTH drones, so I’m not sure why 10 keeps showingup.  Same thing for the “File Index Mode”...it keeps going back to “Reset” even though I set it to “Continuous”. Again, Icould have sworn I did this for “both” drones, but I’ll have to double check.

Ideally, it would be niceto have the ability to create and save multiple custom profiles for different dronesand/or for single drones. So, even if you only flew one drone, havingquick-pick profiles for different shooting scenarios would make thing a loteasier.

Lastly, I presume the pilotapp does keep individual records for individual batteries, correct? Meaning, readings/settingslike “Time charged” and “Time to Discharge” would be specific to “each” battery,while other settings like “Critical & Low battery warning” would apply across all batteries.

2015-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules