SD Card
399 8 2020-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_iTgsf2JkQ56A
lvl.2
United States

Hello, i have a Mavic 2 Pro with a smart controller, i have put my SD card in the smart controller to save content. Sometimes my pics save to the drone and I have to transfer from drone to controller, then controller to phone.
My question is, will it be better to have 2 SD cards (one in the controller AND another in the drone) or is there a better way to save the highest quality of pics?
Please share your thoughts, im excited to hear how others have set up their drones with sd cards and saving content!!!
Thanks,
Dominic
2020-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I always have an SD card in the drone,  the 8gb in the drone gets used up very quick.  
2020-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I always have an SD card in the drone,  the 8gb in the drone gets used up very quick.  
2020-11-27
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

what is recorded on the drone sd card are the real quality pictures. Like DAFlys already said, the drone has only an internal memory of 8 GB. The sd card on the SC only records the transmitted (less) quality images. it makes more sense to have a memory card in the drone than in the SC. Of course you can putt a memory card in both.
2020-11-27
Use props
djiuser_iTgsf2JkQ56A
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-27 09:55

Thank you DAFlys for your reply, i appreciate it!!
2020-11-27
Use props
djiuser_iTgsf2JkQ56A
lvl.2
United States

JohnDG Posted at 11-27 13:57
what is recorded on the drone sd card are the real quality pictures. Like DAFly already said, the drone has only an internal memory of 8 GB. The sd card on the SC only records the transmitted (less) quality images. it makes more sense to have a memory card in the drone than in the SC. Of course you can putt a memory card in both.

JohnDG thanks so much for your reply, i think i will just get another SD card and have one in each the drone and crontroller!!! Much appreciated, Cheers!!!
2020-11-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes it will - put a 128gb sd in the drone - that will give you hours of 4K material than than minutes from the internal storage only
2020-11-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_iTgsf2JkQ56A Posted at 11-27 14:19
Thank you DAFlys for your reply, i appreciate it!!

You're very welcome.
2020-11-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dominic. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. In addition to this, I would recommend for you to use a supported SD card for your DJI Mavic 2 Pro for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference I will post the list of supported SD Card for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you.

2020-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules