Do not upgrade software on the Crystal Sky
2959 8 2020-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Guys,

Just as a warning to new Crystal Sky owners. Do not upgrade the Crystal Sky to this version as there is numerous bugs listed with this verson. Once you update, you can not go back.

We have heard software and hardware issues after this upgrade and if you have a problem there is no turning back.

Please read the posts on this forum before you do any update.

The firmware is the following;

CrystalSky Firmware (5.5'') v03.00.02.00
2019-12-16

2020-11-27
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Sold my "old" CS HB last week, reason, no more software updates, connection losses, very bad hotspot connection on the field, weight, ..and more!
The iPhone11pro screen is as bright (800-1200nits) and now works much smoother on the field, Bye on the Crystalskye forum!

2020-11-27
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

JMR58 Posted at 11-27 12:32
Sold my "old" CS HB last week, reason, no more software updates, connection losses, very bad hotspot connection on the field, weight, ..and more!
The iPhone11pro screen is as bright (800-1200nits) and now works much smoother on the field, Bye on the Crystalskye forum!

Best of luck my friend. Glad you were able to sell it!
2020-11-28
Use props
rdg52
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7812 ft
United States

Hi, I just saw your post to me and the 5.5 warning on my charger post so thank you. I certainly will not do the upgrade, but I could not see any of the details surrounding the 5.5 firmware version, maybe you can link me to it? I am still a newbie really with most of this and don't even know yet how you perform an upgrade. I am hoping that it is a manual process and not some default switch which may upgrade to that firmware version for me. I hope not. Anyway thanks for the heads up. .... Bob
2020-12-11
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

rdg52 Posted at 12-11 20:38
Hi, I just saw your post to me and the 5.5 warning on my charger post so thank you. I certainly will not do the upgrade, but I could not see any of the details surrounding the 5.5 firmware version, maybe you can link me to it? I am still a newbie really with most of this and don't even know yet how you perform an upgrade. I am hoping that it is a manual process and not some default switch which may upgrade to that firmware version for me. I hope not. Anyway thanks for the heads up. .... Bob

Bob,

Take a look at the posting as a start in this forum titled "Terrible firmware upgrade" and you will see some of the problems caused by the last firmware upgrade. The worst part of this firmware is that there is no way back once you go to it. That's just horrible support. Historically DJI had allowed you to downgrade firmware if an issue was caused by an update.  I dont know why the heck they would remove this capability? It just does not make sense but than again a lot of the decisions DJI makes do not make sense.
The consensus lately from a lot of the people I speak with is DJI,, the worst customer support around!
2020-12-16
Use props
WickedFilms
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello folks. I just bought Crystalsky 5.5 and allowed it to install all it asked for but where the hell is active tracking and all smart modes like dolly zoom. There is not "return to home" button and everything looks like from 2 years ago. It says version 03.00.02.00
2020-12-17
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

WickedFilms Posted at 12-17 12:51
Hello folks. I just bought Crystalsky 5.5 and allowed it to install all it asked for but where the hell is active tracking and all smart modes like dolly zoom. There is not "return to home" button and everything looks like from 2 years ago. It says version 03.00.02.00 [view_image][view_image][view_image]

I sure wish you would have looked here before you updated the device. Now you are stuck and you can be assured that DJI will not be there to help you out. All you are going to get is canned messages from them,,,like "engineers are working on it, we will get back to you",,,or "So sorry, we will do better on the next model."
I sure wish I could help you but in lieu of rooting your device I don't think there is much you can do.
Best of luck!
2020-12-18
Use props
WickedFilms
lvl.1

United Kingdom

OK - everything is working - it was me being stupid dickhead
0.jpg
2020-12-20
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

WickedFilms Posted at 12-20 06:45
OK - everything is working - it was me being stupid dickhead

Please tell us the results with the new firmware. So far I am hearing "laggy video, Excessive  fan usage and screens freezing up. I also heard that you could not side load APK files with this version?

What I find the best though is that if you do have a problem, you are SOL as you cant downgrade the firmware?? Isn't that wonderful of DJI to take control of your property so you cant do what you want with it?
2020-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules