23400 79 2020-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
United States

Watch 4.40...

DJI is a statement of a professional in video shooting!

2020-12-11
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
United States

And unfortunately, the professional in the video does not know that the remote control has become so huge and heavy not so much because of the second battery, but how much because of the new phone mount combined with a cooling radiator.
2020-12-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alevpi Posted at 11-30 07:26
But from this distance, a controlled return home is much more pleasant....

I find that the most re-assuring feature of any of the drones I've owned ( all DJI) is the RTH.  No matter what might go wrong with the communication between the drone and the RC ( due to excessive distance apart, or terrain, whatever) the drone will faithfully find its own way back home
2020-12-11
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

The controller is huge in which dimension?
I find it easier to store and carry with the joysticks removed as opposed to packing a controller with foam around the sticks to protect.
I, as in me, like the phone on top, removeable sticks, phone cable storage under antenna, simple, clean.
I hope no one is trying to change or imply what I prefer is incorrect or wrong, that would be a special kind of stupid.
You like what you like and I'll like what I like, simple as that.
2020-12-11
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

CabinPete Posted at 12-11 08:19
The controller is huge in which dimension?
I find it easier to store and carry with the joysticks removed as opposed to packing a controller with foam around the sticks to protect.
I, as in me, like the phone on top, removeable sticks, phone cable storage under antenna, simple, clean.

You just have to open your eyes!

1. Weight.
2. Height.
3. Width.
4. Thickness.
For all four parameters relative to the remote control with the same technology in Mavic 2, as well as it does not have a display for service information.

The remote is too big for a small drone!

2020-12-11
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
United States

Alevpi Posted at 12-11 08:59

1. Weight.

Yeah, no, not seeing it but if that’s what you like that’s fine.

2020-12-11
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Alevpi Posted at 12-11 08:59

1. Weight.

Totally respect your personally choice, but shouldn't the size of the controller have more relevance to the size of your hands, rather than the size of the drone???
2020-12-11
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

CabinPete Posted at 12-11 14:29

[view_image]

You forgot to mention the new controller's excellent battery life; flew 3 full packs the other days, that's over 70 mins and it still had 4 solid LED's, with the 4th one not even blinking!
2020-12-11
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

CabinPete Posted at 12-11 14:29

[view_image]

You do not carry the drone unfolded, compare the consoles in the folded state!

PS how do you think antennas that are 4++ times smaller will give the gain, especially at a frequency of 2.4 G, if the old ones gave 6db?

PS you like to wear a non-folding drone, maybe you should pay attention to Skydio 2? By the way, he flies around obstacles in a way that DJI did not even dream of in their dreamy dreams!

2020-12-11
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

Monkey007 Posted at 12-11 14:47
Totally respect your personally choice, but shouldn't the size of the controller have more relevance to the size of your hands, rather than the size of the drone???

Should not, a small drone Mini 2 should not be with a huge remote control, it is a small drone that fits in a pocket, and the Mini 1 remote was placed in a pocket, and now the remote does not fit in your pocket!
2020-12-11
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

Monkey007 Posted at 12-11 14:56
You forgot to mention the new controller's excellent battery life; flew 3 full packs the other days, that's over 70 mins and it still had 4 solid LED's, with the 4th one not even blinking!

I specifically gave a video of disassembling the remote control, they added another 16850 battery, but it would be better to add just USB-A!

And another question, who has more than 3 batteries in the Mavic 2?
2020-12-11
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

And now on the remote, once again, the antennas have become several times smaller, which has reduced the gain of the antennas to receive, and this is very important!
The new mount now does not allow you to insert tablets without an adapter!
The new smartphone mount looks reliable due to a huge piece of iron inside the remote, but it will be reliable over time when the metal tubes pass a coaxial cable to the antennas and these are moving parts?!
2020-12-11
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Alevpi Posted at 12-11 19:36
Should not, a small drone Mini 2 should not be with a huge remote control, it is a small drone that fits in a pocket, and the Mini 1 remote was placed in a pocket, and now the remote does not fit in your pocket!

How about you start a poll here to see how many people think having the Mini2's remote to fit in their pocket is such a big deal???
2020-12-11
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Alevpi Posted at 12-11 19:44
And now on the remote, once again, the antennas have become several times smaller, which has reduced the gain of the antennas to receive, and this is very important!
The new mount now does not allow you to insert tablets without an adapter!
The new smartphone mount looks reliable due to a huge piece of iron inside the remote, but it will be reliable over time when the metal tubes pass a coaxial cable to the antennas and these are moving parts?!

Doctor Alevpi, can you prove the old style antennas actually perform better than the new ones? Or is it just your guess based on their sizes? According to your small remote-small drone-theory, who on earth should worry about a tablet adapter to fly a small drone with a tablet??? By the way, I forgot how many times I've read about Android users complaining that the charging from remote cannot be disabled so the old style remote's batteries get drained too quickly. Also, I am going to buy 2 more batteries for the Mini2 and I also intend to buy a Mavic Air2, so the high capacity built in batteries of the new remote is a big bonus.
2020-12-11
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

Monkey007 Posted at 12-11 20:48
Doctor Alevpi, can you prove the old style antennas actually perform better than the new ones? Or is it just your guess based on their sizes? According to your small remote-small drone-theory, who on earth should worry about a tablet adapter to fly a small drone with a tablet??? By the way, I forgot how many times I've read about Android users complaining that the charging from remote cannot be disabled so the old style remote's batteries get drained too quickly. Also, I am going to buy 2 more batteries for the Mini2 and I also intend to buy a Mavic Air2, so the high capacity built in batteries of the new remote is a big bonus.

Dipole antenna

Somewhere on this forum, statistics were provided on device compatibility with DJI Go4 and Fly and device usage, you will be surprised how many people love planets and not only 7 inches, but even 12!

Now there is a feature in the app that disables phone charging!

I'm not a doctor, I'm an electronics and communications engineer!
2020-12-11
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
United States

Nope, still not seeing it. I bet the sticks are a treat in aiding pulling the controller out of your pocket.
The color, you forgot to mention the color.
2020-12-12
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

CabinPete Posted at 12-12 00:48
Nope, still not seeing it. I bet the sticks are a treat in aiding pulling the controller out of your pocket.
The color, you forgot to mention the color.[view_image]

You missed it, the sticks in the old remote have long been unscrewed! Don't compare it to the Spark remote.
2020-12-12
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
United States

Alevpi Posted at 12-12 01:49
You missed it, the sticks in the old remote have long been unscrewed! Don't compare it to the Spark remote.

Damn, OK  I’ll give you that one.
2020-12-12
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Can someone please verify that phone charging can now be disabled with not only IOS, but also ANDROID devices???
2020-12-12
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

Back to DJI Fly....
I remember how in different forums Mavic Mini praised DJI Fly, and were against Go4, like it has a lot of buttons, and Fly is super, because it is simple....
And the further I read the forums, from post to post, more and more people want more and more buttons...

So the question immediately arises DJI why, in principle, it was necessary to redo Go4?!
2020-12-14
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

The new remote design intelligent. The phone holding at top, the antenna well hidden on mount, cable well hidden in it.

But DJI must change something on their marketing strategy. The drone would be sold seperate from remote. There would be 2-3 types of it. One small size, one mid size, one with LCD display like SC. But also the hw lifespan should be long enought. The remote should be supported for 3-5 generation at least. Sure DJI can release new remote with better coverage additional futures etc, but the old one should be supported for several generations too.

And it is same for Goggles. We bought Goggles RE what we expect it will be supported for future drones, released by DJI. But the support stopped with Mavic2 even there is well new devices like MA2 and mini2 uses same wireless communication system.
2020-12-14
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

Yes, with Goggles, this is a complete disregard for users. If DJI releases another product like this, I will never buy it!
2020-12-14
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Netherlands

To my delight, the mail brought me dji pocket 2!

As I wrote in my first post on this topic, I think everyone without exception would be happy with the capabilities and video quality on the new Mini drone if they corresponded to the already released DJI Pocket 2, and its dimensions allow me to easily. to claim that the installation of similar video equipment on the Mini drone is possible now!
2020-12-20
Use props
moniek1996
lvl.3
Flight distance : 509577 ft
United Kingdom

I am willing to swap the convenience of a size of controller for the better connectivity. I am not sure how Ocusync technology works (if it is something inside the drone, controller or both) and whether the size of the controller might be related to it, but if it is then I will never say a bad world about it. Sure, it is nicer to have a foldable controller, but not at the price of ...ty connectivity.
2021-1-17
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

moniek1996 Posted at 1-17 13:20
I am willing to swap the convenience of a size of controller for the better connectivity. I am not sure how Ocusync technology works (if it is something inside the drone, controller or both) and whether the size of the controller might be related to it, but if it is then I will never say a bad world about it. Sure, it is nicer to have a foldable controller, but not at the price of ...ty connectivity.

In the Mavic Pro 2 with the same Ocusync has channels, video + control and telemetry, the Mini 2 has only one control channel, which is why you can not connect DJI Goggles to it.

If you look at the disassembly of the remote, you will see that most of the remote is occupied by an empty space, a second battery and a huge metal base of the new mount!
2021-1-17
Use props
Cynex
lvl.2
Canada

I'd love to see the remote and drone sold separately at this point. I own a mavic air 2 and mavic mini 1, and I've considered getting the mini 2 but I don't need / want another controller, and if the path forward is a unified remote control - which I totally agree with - we should have access to drones / fly more kits sans remote.

For the mini 3 - the only improvement I could ask for is a better camera that can shoot 8k photo. Maybe this can be done with software like the panorama, but with a tighter focus on what you are shooting.  
2021-2-2
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

It's not a Mavic Mini 2. Mavic was dropped. It's the DJI Mini 2.
2021-2-5
Use props
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

Experience has shown that DJI pretty much ignores user feedback for improvements, but just in case they do listen... WIDER FOV FOR FPV; COMPATIBLE FPV HEADSET.
2021-2-5
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

After the stunt DJI pulled off about releasing a 2 shortly after the first gen came out, we won't probably see a 3 for about a year or even two years.  Just my $.02
2021-2-5
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

Bring back Spark functionality...
- sensors ( 2021 miniaturisation time )
- tracking  ( even possible by software  like Tello )
- gestures ( even possible by software  like Tello )

And yes, this brick size controller is tottaly crap

2021-3-9
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

I am taking a bath...thinking. maybe small one hand controller?  Thumb on top with direction, index finger on bottom up / down . Or 3d space manipiulator with phone gimbal
2021-3-23
Use props
deepanshus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78891 ft
United Kingdom

Arpettaz Posted at 2020-11-29 00:57
There is no pleasing some people!! If you want active tracking and sensors I suggest you sell your Mini 2 and buy a Mavic Air instead. I cannot understand why people think they can have sensors on a sub-250 gram drone.

active tracking is am image processing feature, mini 2 already has active tracking in built ( check the quickshots)  it will not follow you behind obstacles but it does have a basic capability... there is no reason why this can not be unlocked to give a proper follow me mode... the only thing Mini 2 lacks, is the collision avoidance sensor, but these are two separate features !!
2021-3-23
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

Even the sensors on all sides of the drone can't match the ability of a drone pilot to use the human brain for its intended purpose!

Therefore, the reason for the lack of AT due to the front sensors is just an excuse!
2021-4-6
Use props
djiuser_AJgBse0cJqDJ
New
Flight distance : 118159 ft
Indonesia

But i"d love mini 2 remote
2021-4-30
Use props
Switch639
lvl.4
Germany

Alevpi Posted at 4-6 03:45
Even the sensors on all sides of the drone can't match the ability of a drone pilot to use the human brain for its intended purpose!

Therefore, the reason for the lack of AT due to the front sensors is just an excuse!

yes I totally agree with you
2021-5-4
Use props
thesoulshaker
lvl.1

Hungary

D-log or Cinelike-D color mode please!
2021-5-4
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

Yeah, a smaller remote would be welcome, afterall we talk about MINI category.
I miss the M2P size controller which is also Ocusync.

2021-5-7
Use props
Robert Lak
lvl.1

United States

Arpettaz Posted at 2020-11-29 00:57
There is no pleasing some people!! If you want active tracking and sensors I suggest you sell your Mini 2 and buy a Mavic Air instead. I cannot understand why people think they can have sensors on a sub-250 gram drone.

The autel EVO Nano and Nano+ both have forward, downward and rear sensors with object avoidance, active track and are still below 250g.   Technology keeps moving forward.  I paid $300 USD for a calculator back in 1973. Thank goodness the industry did not think that was the best they could do.
2021-11-17
Use props
Mark MaoGowan
lvl.2

Australia

Nah............
2021-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules